Google Drive is Google’s platform in which you can store many files and documents. It is an app that is very easy to use, and it is available for Android, Windows, and Mac users everywhere. If you are an Android user, you are probably already going to have the app built into your system. If not, or if you are using iPhone, you can easily download it from the App Store or the Google Play Store and always keep your files safe and sound. The app gives you 15GB of free space for your files. You can add photos, videos, all kinds of documents, and even video game installation. But how can you share those files with your friends? Keep reading this article to find out how.
See also: How to Sync Google Drive
Uploading the files to Google Drive
To share large files on Google Drive, you must first upload a file into Google Drive. To do that, please follow these steps down below.
- First, log in to your Gmail account if you are not logged in yet.
- Now, go to Gmail’s app section (the nine dots grid logo in Gmail) and find the Google Drive app there. Or go to Google and type into the search bar Google Drive and open the first thing that comes out due to the search.
- When you open Google Drive on your PC or Mac device, you will be able to see the + big blue button in the top left corner of your screen. Click on it.
- A small drop-down menu will show up, and you will need to add the file that you want to share with others. When the uploading process is done, head over to the second part of this article.
How do you share the file with others?
First of all, there are two ways you can share this file. You can get a sharable link and give it to anyone, and they are going to have access to that particular file, or you can share it with other Google Drive users.
Steps to sharing files on your computer:
- Please find the file that you want to share with others (and that you uploaded not long ago) and right-click it to show more options in the drop-down bar.
- When that bar shows up, you will be able to see many options. You can preview the document, edit it, etc. But, we are looking for the Share option. It should be in third place on that menu. Click on it when you find it.
- A new window is going to show up on your screen. You will see the People section where you need to type in the emails of the people you want to share your file with. It is the way to share a file with other users who also have a Google Drive account. You can change the role of the person that you are sending this document. Available options are Can edit, Can view, Can comment. Choose whichever option you want. And also, if you have some notes for the people you are sending this document to, you can type them in the Note box.
- And if you maybe do not want to share the document via email, you can get its sharable link. To do that, find the option in the top right corner that showed up on your screen earlier. It is the only option in that corner, so you will not miss it. When you click on it, a link to the document is going to show up. Copy it and give it to your friends. And you are done!