Huawei Honor 6 is one of the best smartphones to own that came wrapped with exciting features. Huawei brought this smartphone to compete with other similar devices in the market and thankfully people liked it to a great extent. Anyways, some people started complaining of various issues including Honor 6 battery life issue, honor 6 not switching on, Honor 6 Boot loop issue and more. However, all these issues are very common and can be fixed by making some small tweaks on the device. So, if you are experiencing some issues, read this article thoroughly and get a solution.
Common Huawei Honor 6 Problems And Their Solutions
Problem 1: Huawei Honor 6 battery life issue
This is a very common issue which is been faced by all the smartphone users more or less. Fast battery drain is the actual issue many Honor 6 users have reported. However, see here the solutions.
- There are numerous ways to extend the battery life. The first thing to do is lower the screen brightness of your Huawei Honor 6. This can be done by going to the settings and display from the home screen of your device.
- The next task to do is uninstall all the pre-installed apps and bloatware. These apps occupy some storage space on the phone while also eat a great amount of battery.
- Limit the location service as this is what drains as much battery as possible. This service is being used by all the apps starting from Facebook, Whatsapp etc. To make the needed changes head towards Settings > Location> mode and choose the option ‘battery saving’ to save some juice on the device in need.
- Turn off all the connectivity options such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth while they are not in use.
- See what all apps are actually draining a huge amount of battery by going to Settings > Device > Battery and then update or uninstall them.
- Go for calibrating the battery.
- Finally factory reset your Huawei Honor 6 by going to Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset phone> Erase everything.
Problem 2: Huawei Honor 6 not switching on
This is another very common Huawei Honor 6 issue about which many of the users have complained. According to them, the phone keeps turning off very frequently and users can’t switch it on. Here we will discuss some possible fixes. The solutions are limited as the device is turned off.
- First, try restarting the smartphone. However, if you are not able to do that then simply pull out the battery, wait for some period of time and reinsert the battery to turn it back. Check now if the issue is resolved.
- The next step is to ensure that your phone has enough battery. So, connect it to a charger of a few minutes before trying to turn it on.
- You can also go for wiping the cache partition. To perform it, turn off the Honor 6 device completely and then long press on the Power and Volume up button altogether till the recovery screen mode appears on the screen. Use the Volume button to highlight Wipe Cache partition option and select it using the Power button.
- Finally, go for Factory reset from the settings menu, but don’t forget to backup your data first.
Problem 3: Slow performance
Every smartphone is supposed to face lag in performance after a certain time period duty heavy usage, too many cache data on the device etc. However, if this lag is really too high to work as obstacle in each and every work then it is the time to take some action. Well, performance issue is not new and has been reported by many. So, read the solutions below.
- The first suggestion is to restart the device as this small trick can work like a charm. In case you have not turned off the device for long then it can generate issues like overheating, lag in performance etc.
- Next, turn on the developer option by going to Settings > About phone and tap on the Build number several times. This will bring various developer options under the settings. Reduce the Animation scale settings and other options available.
- If you are using a live wallpaper then change it to a still one for better performance.
- Clear the cache of every app by going to app manager.
- Wipe cache partition following the instruction stated in problem 2.
- Perform factory reset by going to Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset phone > Erase everything.
Problem 4: Camera issue on Huawei Honor 6
The camera of the phone freezes very often or else it gets closed as soon as you open it. When the camera stops working it becomes really annoying as it is something most of us use daily. However here is the solution for it.
- First, restart the phone to see if it can bring changes to the camera issue on your Huawei Honor 6.
- If this can’t resolve the issue then try to free up some space on the camera app as too much memory can create this issue. To do so, open the camera app and go to settings. Here select ‘others’ from the drop-down menu and go to the option ‘Preferred save location’. Tap on SD card then.
- Also, go for deleting all those unneeded photos and videos to free up some space on the device.
- Finally, perform a factory reset.
Problem 5: Honor 6 overheating issue
Honor 6 or Honor 6x heating issue while charging is an issue which is been faced by so many Huawei users. But this is not any hardware issue rather some small tweaks are needed in the settings menu and you can get it fixed in no time. Here are some possible solutions for it.
- First, restart the device.
- Next, if you are using a case, remove it while watching movies or playing any high end games as these causes heavy strain on the processor which results in overheating issue.
- Also, ensure to remove the case while you place the phone to charge.
- Limit live wallpapers, widgets etc.
- Try using the charger that came with your device. It is better than using any other third party chargers.
- Do not use the phone while charging.
- Any third party app too can cause this issue. So, try finding it and uninstall it. And if you are not certain which app is causing this issue, then perform a factory reset.
Problem 6: Huawei Honor 6 is not charging
The phone is not charging is another very common issue. There might be various reasons such as a defective battery, software glitch, defective charger etc. However, all the possible reasons along with their solutions are listed here.
- Try using the same charger to charge another phone to see if the charger is working. If yes, then the issue is with your Honor 6 phone only. Move to the next method.
- Restart the phone once because the issue is happening due to some software glitch then a restart will fix up that small issue.
- Also, check the battery, if it is working on other device. Because, this kind of not charging issue can be due to some defective battery as well.
- Check if the USB port is clear. Blow air to clear any dust accumulated on that charging port that is not generating any connection.
- Finally perform a factory reset on the device as it will erase everything from the phone and leave it as a new device.
Problem 7: Wi-Fi issue
Very slow internet or else not able to connect to the Wi-Fi network is an issue that is not just limited to this Honor 6 smartphone rather users of most of the smartphones face this issue. Anyways the most common fixes for this Wi-Fi issue are listed down here.
- Check if the airplane mode is turned on. If so, then turn off the Airplane mode. But if not then turn on the Airplane mode as this will offer a refresh to all the connectivity thus can solve the Wi-Fi issue at once.
- Restart the device once to see if it can fix the issue. Also reset the router and modem. Unplug them from the power source, wait for 30 seconds and plug back to turn on.
- If the situation is still same, check if that Wi-Fi network is working on other devices.
- Forget and reconnect the Wi-Fi network by going to settings and network connection.
- If you get some ‘Authentication failed’ message, then it is happening due to the incorrect password. So, enter the correct password and try again.
- Check if the power saving mode is enabled as this will restrict the Wi-Fi connection to save battery on the device.
Problem 8: Bluetooth issue
Do not worry at all of you face the Bluetooth issue on your Huawei Honor 6 device as we hve some potential fixes to solve the issue definitely.
- Restart the device first.
- Next delete all the prior Bluetooth pairings and try to set them from scratch.
- Ensure the Bluetooth connection is discoverable.
- Next make sure the Huawei Honor 6 device is discoverable by going to Settings > Bluetooth. Now enable Visibility by toggling the Bluetooth switch. Next configure for how long the phone will be discoverable by tapping more and selecting the Visibility Timeout.
- Factory reset the device.
Problem 9: Touch screen issue
When the touch screen of the device stops working properly the situation become really annoying because if the touch screen does not respond as it should, you will not be able to perform any task. However here are the possible fixes. The solutions are again limited as it is the touch screen that is not responding.
- Restart the device first and in case you are not able to do that then perform hard reset by pulling out the battery, wait for few seconds to reinsert and turn it back on.
- Next, go for wiping the cache partition by bringing the Huawei Honor 6 in recovery mode. The process to do so is explained above.
- Perform factory reset using the hard button if you are not able to perform it from the settings menu.
Problem 10: Not receiving any text message
Are you not receiving any text message on your Huawei Honor 6 smartphone? Do not worry at all. Here are the fixes for the issue.
- Restart the device first.
- Check the network connection of your device by going to Settings and Mobile network.
- Clear the cache of your message app as too many cache can create this issue. So ensure to delete them very often.
- Finally factory reset the device because if any other issue is creating this issue then a factory reset will fix this definitely.