So, you have been using LinkedIn for a while now, and you have decided it is the time to take a break. No matter what is the reason behind that decision, there is no need to delete your account. LinkedIn offers users to option to temporarily deactivate their accounts. Once you are ready to go back, you won’t have to create your profile from scratch, you can just hop back in and continue using your profile. If you are not sure what steps you need to take, just keep reading. Here, we are going to share a quick and simple guide to show you how to temporarily deactivate LinkedIn.
See also: How to select your language on LinkedIn
How to temporarily deactivate LinkedIn
To temporarily deactivate your LinkedIn account, follow the steps below:
- Open the browser of your choice and visit LinkedIn website
- Log in by entering your email address and your password
- Next, tap on your profile photo at the top of the page or click on “Me”
- When a drop-down menu shows up, click on Settings & privacy
- Next, click Account
- Scroll all the way down until you find an option Hibernating your LinkedIn account, click on it
- Select one of the answers that tell more on why you are deactivating your account
- If you want to add something, write it in the box
- When you are done, click Next
- On the next page, enter your password when asked
- Finally, click Hibernate account
That is how you can temporarily deactivate the LinkedIn account. Your comments and posts won’t be visible to other LinkedIn members. You will be shown as a LinkedIn member. Once you decide to go back to LinkedIn and start using your account again, all you need to do is log in. Once you log in, you can use your account normally.