5 Ways To Fix IPad Home Button Not Working
When having issues with your iPad, you’ll first try to find some “do it yourself” solutions, and that includes the situation when iPad home button isn’t working. One of the solutions is the replacement of the button, in which case you would have to take your device apart. It’s complicated and certainly not recommended DIY option, especially if you have never tried something like that before and if your device is still under warranty. We have some other, simpler solutions to share, which are pretty effective. Here are 5 ways to fix iPad home button not working.
5 ways to fix iPad home button not working
Solution No.1: Recalibrate the home button
This is probably the simplest solution of all 5 ways to fix iPad home button not working, and it works for many. Here is what you should do:
- Press and hold the power button
- When “slide to power off” appears on the screen of your iPad, release the power button and hold down the home button
- Keep holding the home button until the home screen appears.
Solution No.2: Clean the home button
One of the main reasons why iPad home button won’t work is because of debris, dirt and dust, so what you should do here is simply clean the button. To do that you should use rubbing alcohol, and you can pour a few drops on the cotton swab, and clean the button. Also, the other option is to pour a drop or two on your finger, rub the button and then push the button around its corners.
Solution No.3: Portrait view/landscape view
This problem bothered many iPad users, and this solution helped many. Follow these steps:
- Press and hold the home button while your iPad is in portrait view
- Keep holding the button and turn the device to the landscape mode
- Turn your device back to the portrait view
- When doing this, make sure that your device’s screen rotates
- Let go of the home button.
Solution No.4: 5-finger gesture
If the previous solutions didn’t fix iPad home button, you can try this:
- Go to Settings
- Set Multitasking Gestures to on
- To go back to the Home screen, spread out your hand, and place five fingers on the screen, and pinch all the fingers in – grab them together.
Solution No.5: Assistive touch
If you don’t like the 5-finger gesture solution, you can create the Home button on the screen. Here is how you can do that:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Accessibility
- Tap on Assistive touch and turn it on
- Click on the icon that will show up in the bottom right corner
- Select Home
- Home button will be located in the bottom right corner
- If you want to move it to another position, tap and hold the finger on it, and drag the icon where you want.