WhatsApp is one of the best applications for online messaging. Next to Viber, Messenger, and Instagram it’s one of the most used apps in the whole wide world. It’s currently in third place in Google’s app store, right behind the early mentioned Messenger and Viber. We can all agree that WhatsApp makes our lives way easier. And registration is not hard at all. You just need to type in your phone number to register, and to have Wi-Fi or mobile data on and you can text or video chat with your friends without any limits.
One of the most common problems with this app is that it sometimes doesn’t show profile pictures. We are here to help you solve this problem and to give you an explanation about it.
Others can’t see your profile picture
This is a common problem among WhatsApp users. We are completely sure that if you follow these steps below you will be able to fix the issue in no time!
- When you are in the app, open the “Menu” tab.
- Then go to the “Settings” section.
- Once you’ve opened the settings look for a little pencil on the screen. It will allow you to change your app and profile settings. When you find it, simply click on it.
- The next thing you will need to do is to upload the same profile picture again.
- When you are done doing that, go back to the “Settings” section of the profile and then click on the “Account” section.
- A new tab will open on your screen, you will need to look for the “Privacy” section, when you find it, click on it.
- There you can just change the Privacy settings to “Everyone” so that the picture could be visible.
This should work. If it doesn’t, try uninstalling the app and then installing it again and repeating all of these steps one last time.
You can’t see your friend’s profile picture
There are several reasons why this can happen. Maybe you accidentally blocked the contact? If you did, you won’t be able to see their picture or any other profile information. Or maybe they blocked you.
If you are not blocked, nor you blocked them this is what you should try doing:
- Restart your phone.
- Try removing the contact and adding it again.
- Clear the cache that the app makes on your phone. You can do that in the “Settings” of your phone. Be careful while deleting the app’s data. You might accidentally delete the whole app’s data and then you will lose all of your conversations. When deleting, make sure you are only deleting the cache memory.
- Your friend might have changed their privacy setting to “Nobody” so nobody can see their photo or profile information.
- Maybe your friends do not have the profile photo uploaded at all.
- Your network could be the reason. Check your internet connection. This problem is usually temporary and it will fix itself. If not, reconsider restarting your Wi-Fi router.
How to unblock a contact on WhatsApp if you recently blocked them?
- While you are in the app, go to the “Settings” section of your profile.
- Click on the “Account” section.
- When the new tab opens click on “Privacy”, and then on “Blocked contacts”.
- If you blocked someone, their phone number should show up on the screen.
- Unblock them by clicking on the “Unblock” option next to their phone number.
If someone blocked you, you can’t really do much about it. How to make sure that they blocked you and that that’s the issue? Well, you won’t be able to send them texts, make calls, or even see their profile.
We hope this article has helped you in solving the problem!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.