No Service On IPhone ? – 11 Simple Ways To Fix It
Writing an article that contains a lot of valuable information may seem simple. But when the article is written, the story doesn’t end. We are constantly updating the content so that you can always get up-to-date and accurate information.
Technobezz's Editorial Guidelines
A "no service error" on your iPhone is a bad sign. This means your iPhone cannot connect to the service provider's network, resulting in your iPhone's internet not working. You are unable to check for new updates or make that important call.
The good news is that fixing the "no service error" on your iPhone is easy. And yes, there is a high chance that your service won't go out again.
When the iPhone says no service, you can't use it for basic things, such as texting, calling, and using mobile data. The only way to access the internet is by connecting to a Wi-Fi network. You won't be able to use the mobile internet until you get rid of the error. The same goes for messages and calls.
The issue will appear in areas with no network coverage or inadequate network coverage. You may also see a message saying "searching for service." Other reasons for the "no service on iPhone" error are a damaged SIM card, misplaced sim card, or a software bug. The problem may also appear after an iOS upgrade.
Before you start solving the problem by trying out the solutions we have listed below, ensure you are in an area with network coverage. Also, contact your carrier to ensure that your account is still active.
See also: How to Fix iPhone That is Stuck in Recovery Mode.
iPhone Says No Service
1) Toggle Airplane mode
The easiest way to resolve the no service error on your iPhone is by turning on/off the Airplane mode. You can access this by going to Settings. Once you are there, toggle Airplane Mode.
Please turn it on. Wait for one minute and turn it off again. The other way is by accessing the control center.
You can access Airplane mode by swiping down (Starting in the top right corner of the screen). Then, tap the Airplane icon (Usually the button next to the Wi-Fi icon) once to turn it on. Wait for a few seconds before you turn it back off.
2) Check Cellular Data
If toggling Airplane mode doesn't fix the problem, try this method. Make sure your cellular data is on.
Go to Settings >> Cellular >> Cellular Data
Please ensure that your device data roaming is on and active when you travel internationally.
Go to Settings >> Cellular >> Cellular Data Options >> Data Roaming.
3) Date and Time
Ensure your date and time are set correctly on your iPhone following your current time zone. The best option is to enable "Set automatically."
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi
- Go to Settings >> General >> Date and Time.
- Turn On "Set Automatically"
4) Restart iPhone
Many common issues are resolved with a restart. Hold the power and volume buttons until you see the slider powering off.
For older devices :
- Press and hold the sleep/wake button
- Once you see the slider (the one that says "slide to the power off"), drag it from left to right.
- After the iPhone is entirely Off, wait for at least one minute.
- Turn it on again by pressing and holding the sleep/wake button until you see the Apple logo show up on the screen.
5) Change “Voice & Data.”
Changing Voice and Data can fix the no service on iPhone issue. Here is what you need to do:
- Head to Settings >> Cellular >> Cellular Data Option >> Voice & Data.
- If you are using 4G, switch it to 3G or vice versa.
- Go back to the home screen and see if your cellular network is back online.
6) iPhone Carrier settings update
Here's how to update your carrier settings:
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Tap Settings >> General >> About.
- You will get a notification about the update once it's available.
If you insert a new SIM card into your iPhone or iPad, you need to download the carrier settings for your new carrier
7) Reinsert your SIM card
If none of the methods above work, reinsert your SIM card.
- Open the tray using a paper clip or the SIM-eject tool.
- Take out the SIM card and put it back properly.
- Close the tray and see if the issue still appears.
- Once you remove your SIM card, make sure the card is not scratched or damaged. Contact your carrier if you notice any damage and ask for a SIM card replacement.
- If you do not see any damage, insert your SIM card into another smartphone to see if the No service issue occurs.
- If it does, contact your carrier for a replacement.
8) Update the iOS
iOS updates always come with bug fixes, and it also improves the security and performance of the iPhone. It is advisable to update the software when a new version becomes available. Here's how to do just that:
- Make sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Open Settings >> General >> Software Update.
- Please wait for your iPhone to check the availability of the update.
- Tap Download and Install.
9) Reset Network settings
This helpful method can fix the no service on iPhone problem, it is also very effective for many other problems, including Bluetooth and Wi-Fi issues. You must re-enter your Wi-Fi password and pair your iPhone with Bluetooth devices again. Here's how to reset network settings:
- Open Settings
- Tap General.
- Tap Reset.
- Select Reset Network Settings
- Enter your passcode
- Tap Reset Network Settings to confirm your action.
10) Reset All Settings
This method is safe as you will not lose any data or media on your iPhone. Here is what you have to do:
- Head to Settings
- Hit General
- Tap Reset.
- Select Reset All Settings.
- Enter the passcode if required
- Confirm the action by tapping Reset All Settings.
11) Restore your iPhone to factory settings using iTunes or Finder (On Mac)
In 2019, Apple finally decided it was time to separate iTunes into different apps, so the company discontinued the software and replaced it with the Music app.
The no service on iPhone issue can also be fixed by restoring the iPhone using Finder (On Mac). This will erase everything you have on your device, so backup your data first. To restore your iPhone to factory settings, follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer
- Tap "Trust this device" on your iPhone
- Launch the Finder
- Under "Location" on the left sidebar, select your iPhone
- Click "Trust this device" on your Mac (On the window to your right)
- Then, under the "General" tab, click "Restore iPhone"
- Please wait until the restore process is completed.
How To Fix The No Service On iPhone Error After an iOS Update
In most cases, you have to wait for a while and give your device some time to settle after the update. Of course, waiting does not sound too exciting if you can't send messages or even place calls. Here are a couple of things to try:
- Turn off Cellular data by going to Settings > Cellular. After that, enable the Airplane mode and leave it on for 15-20 seconds. Turn off Airplane mode and enable Cellular data.
- Restart your iPhone
- Reinsert your SIM Card
- Reset network settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings. Tap Reset network settings to confirm your action.
This helps us improve our website.
Join The Conversation on "No Service On IPhone ? – 11 Simple Ways To Fix It"