When iPhone says no service, it means you can’t use it for basic things, such as texting, calling, and using mobile data. The only way to access the Internet is by connecting to a Wi-Fi network. You won’t be able to use the mobile internet until you get rid of the error. The same thing goes for messages and calls. The issue will appear in the areas with no network coverage or in the areas where network coverage is inadequate when you can also see a message “searching for service.” Some other reasons for no service on iPhone are damaged SIM card, the fact the card is not correctly placed in the tray, or a software bug. The problem may also appear after the iOS upgrade.
Before you start solving the problem by trying out the solutions we have listed below, make sure you are in the area that has network coverage. Also, contact your carrier to make sure your account is active.
Solutions For No Service On iPhone
Toggle Airplane mode
The easiest way to resolve the no service on iPhone issue is by turning on/off the Airplane mode. You can access the Settings >> General >> Airplane Mode. Please turn it on. Wait for one minute and turn it off again. The other way is by accessing the control center.
- Swipe up the bottom of any screen, and the control center will appear.
- Tap the Airplane sign on the top-left corner or control center screen to turn it on.
- Wait for one minute, then turn it off.
Check the Cellular Data
If toggling Airplane mode didn’t fix it, try this method. First of all, make sure your Cellular Data is On.
- Go to Settings >> Cellular >> Cellular Data
If you are traveling abroad, make sure that you have turned on the Data Roaming.
- Open Settings >> Cellular >> Data Roaming
Subscribe to our website: Technobezz
Date and Time
Make sure your date and time that is set on your iPhone following your current time zone. The best option is to enable “Set automatically.”
- Connect iPhone to WiFi
- Go to Settings >> General > Date and Time
- Turn On “Set Automatically”
Many common issues are resolved with a restart.
- Press and hold the sleep/wake button
- Once you see the slider (the one that says “slide to the power of”), drag it from left to right.
- After the iPhone is entirely Off, wait for at least one minute.
- Turn it again by pressing and holding the sleep/wake button until you see the Apple logo shows up on the screen.
Change “Voice & Data”
Changing Voice and Data can fix no service on iPhone issue. It is how many users fixed the problem. Here is what you need to do:
- Head to Settings >> Cellular >> Cellular Data Option >> Voice & Data.
- If you use 4G, switch it to 3G or vice versa.
- Then, click the home button one time to go back to the home screen and see if your cellular network is back.
Subscribe to our website: Technobezz
iPhone Carrier settings update
iPhone carrier settings update includes the updates from your carrier related to the settings. For example, network, calling, cellular data, messaging, hotspot, and voicemail settings. Here is how to update your carrier settings:
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to a stable Internet connection.
- Tap Settings >> General >> About.
- You will get a notification about the update if it’s available.
Reinsert your SIM card
If none of those methods above is working, reinsert your SIM card.
- Open the tray using a paper clip or the SIM-eject tool.
- Please take out the SIM card and put it back properly
- Close the tray and see the issue appears or not.
Note: Once you take out your SIM card, make sure the card is not scratched or damaged in any way. In case you notice the damage, contact your carrier and ask for a SIM card replacement. If you do not see any damages, insert your SIM card into another smartphone to see if the No service issue occurs. If it does, contact your carrier for a replacement.
Update the iOS
The update always comes with bug fixes, and it also improves the security and the performance of iOS devices. That is why it is advisable to update the software when a new version becomes available. Here is how to do just that:
- Make sure you are connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Open Settings >> General >> Software Update.
- Wait for your iPhone to check the availability of the update.
- Tap Download and Install.
Reset Network settings
This helpful method can fix no service on iPhone, but it is very effective for many other problems, including Bluetooth and Wi-Fi issues. You will have to re-enter your Wi-Fi passwords and pair your iPhone with Bluetooth devices all over again. Here is how to reset network settings:
- Open Settings
- Tap General
- Tap Reset
- Select Reset Network Settings
- Enter your passcode
- Tap Reset Network Settings to confirm your action.
Reset All Settings
This method is safe because you will not lose any data or media on your iPhone. Here is what you have to do:
- Head to Settings
- Hit General
- Tap Reset
- Select Reset All Settings.
- Enter passcode if required
- Confirm the action by tapping Reset All Settings.
Restore your iPhone to factory settings using iTunes
No service on iPhone can also be fixed by restoring the iPhone using iTunes. It will erase everything you have on your device, so backup your data first. To restore your iPhone to factory settings, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have a stable Internet connection and the latest version of iTunes software.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac/PC using a lightning cable.
- Click Restore on the Summary tab.
- Before the process starts, iTunes will download the firmware first.
- Wait until the restoring process is completed.
- Once it’s done, set up your iPhone as a new device.
How To Fix No Service On iPhone After iOS Update
Sometimes, no service on iPhone may appear after an iOS update. Some users complained about the issue after they upgraded their devices to iOS 9.3.
In most cases, all you need to do is wait for a while and give your device some time to settle after the update. Of course, waiting does not sound too exciting if you can’t send messages and even place calls. There are a couple of things to try:
- Turn off Celular data by going to Settings > Cellular. After that, enable the Airplane mode and leave it on for 15-20 seconds. Turn off the Airplane mode, and enable Cellular data.
- Restart your iPhone
- Reinsert your SIM Card
- Reset network settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings. Tap Reset network settings to confirm your action.
Subscribe to our website: Technobezz
No Service After Jailbreak?
The most common cause why you are facing iPhone no service after the jailbreak is incorrect Baseband.
No Service error can only be resolved by downgrading your current iPad baseband. Most people jailbreak their iPhone with Redsn0w and upgrade to iPad baseband. And then, they use UltraSn0w to activate their service but fails.
The iPad baseband causes conflict with network service and interferes with the radio frequency of the device. To successfully get service on your iPhone, follow the procedure explained below.
iPhone No Service After Jailbreak
- First, Download the latest version of RedSn0w
- Download your Firmware here (6.0.1)
- After you have downloaded RedSn0w, Extract and Open it as an administrator
- When Redsn0w is opened, navigate to extra and ‘select ISPW’ and browse for the firmware you just downloaded
- After the process is completed, kernels and Ram had been added. A screen with options will appear.
Check to see if you have the iPad BaseBand downgraded:
- Navigate to Settings>general> about
- Check Install Cydia and downgrade From IPad Baseband.
- After that, your iPhone will reboot
- Launch Cydia on your iPhone
- Click on the Manage tab at the bottom right
- Select Launch Source
You may read- iPhone won’t connect to WiFi
- To fix iPhone No Service After Jailbreak –click add at the top left and type http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com/ as the source URL and press the Add Source button.
- Select Return to Cydia
- Select Done at the top right
- Click http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com/ from the source list.
- Install and confirm to fix iPhone No Service After Jailbreak
- The final step is to restart the Springboard, and now you can place your SIM card within your iPhone 4/3Gs/4s/5/3, and you shall get Service.
If this method did not solve the service error after you have jailbroken your phone and downgraded your iPad baseband, then try this one. Be sure to back up all data by iCloud or computer.
Insert your SIM card receiving no service error and head over to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
You should also read: iPhone won’t charge
All the solutions above are effective in fixing no service on iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus.
If you tried the solutions above, and nothing worked, contact your carrier. You can also contact Genius Bar or the nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.