If your LG TV won’t turn on, it could be for a number of different reasons. It might be because you have recently unplugged it, or you may not have activated the power switch and are expecting it to start when you press it.
If you can’t get your LG TV to turn on, there are several steps that you can take to get the device working again. Keep reading to learn more about troubleshooting an LG TV that won’t turn on.
There are a few things that could be causing your LG TV not to turn on.
- First, make sure that it is plugged into a power outlet and that the outlet is working. If the outlet is working, try plugging the TV into a different outlet.
- If the TV still does not turn on, the problem could be with the TV itself. Try resetting the TV by unplugging it from the power outlet and then plugging it back in.
- If the TV still does not turn on, you may need to contact LG customer service for further assistance.
- Check the power cord to ensure it's securely plugged into the TV and the outlet.
- Check the power cord for any damage
- Verify that the outlet the TV is plugged into is working by plugging in something else, like a lamp.
- If you have a surge protector, unplug the TV from it and plug it directly into the outlet.
- If the TV is plugged into an outlet controlled by a switch, make sure the switch is turned on.
- Check the batteries in the TV remote. Low batteries can prevent the TV from turning on.
- If you're using a Smart TV, try restarting it.
- Try resetting the TV by unplugging it from the outlet for 30 seconds
- If the TV still won't turn on, it may need to be serviced by a professional
Check the Power Cord
The first thing you will want to do if you are having trouble with your LG TV turning on is to check the power cord. You can check the voltage of the plug coming out of the wall to make sure that it is the correct voltage.
If your TV was plugged in when you experienced a power outage, the power cord may be damaged. If this is the case, you will need to replace the power cord. If you have recently moved your TV, you will want to check the plug to make sure that it is not cracked or broken. You can replace the plug or plug in your LG TV using a power strip to ensure the device is getting enough power.
Check your Remote and Make Sure it is Working Properly
If you recently replaced the batteries in your remote, you may want to ensure that the remote is working properly. You will want to continue troubleshooting your LG TV if you have recently purchased the remote and it is not working properly. You will need to replace the remote if it is not working properly.
Ensure you purchase a remote from the same brand as your TV. If you are not sure which remote to buy, you will want to check the model number of your TV first. You may want to check the remote settings on your TV. If you have recently changed any remote settings, you may want to reset them.
Software Issue or Firmware Update Needed
If your TV is a newer model, it may have a software issue. If this is the case, you may want to check the internet to see if an update is available. Check the LG website and look for a support page. Select your model number and you will be given a list of available updates.
If you see an update that reads “firmware update needed,” download and install the update. Before you begin the update, ensure that your TV is fully plugged into a wall outlet. If the issue persists after updating the software, you will want to take your TV to the repair shop. You can also contact LG customer service to help you troubleshoot your TV.
LG Logo Turns On But Then Disappears Almost Immediately
If the LG logo turns on but disappears almost immediately, you may have a power issue. If this is the case, you will want to check the wall outlet to ensure it is getting enough power. If the outlet is getting enough power, you will want to check the voltage of the outlet that your TV is plugged into.
You Hear a Beeping Sound When You Try to Turn on Your TV
You may have a power issue if you hear a beeping sound when you try to turn on your TV. If this is the case, you will want to check the wall outlet to make sure that it is getting enough power. If the outlet is getting enough power, you will want to check the voltage of the outlet that your TV is plugged into.
What To Do If Your LG TV Won’t Turn On?
If you have checked the power cord, battery, and remote and have tried troubleshooting the device and are still unable to turn it on, you will need to contact LG customer service. Provide them with information about your TV like the model number, date of purchase, and other details about your device.
Let them know that the TV won’t turn on, and they can help you troubleshoot the device. They will likely walk you through several steps to see if you can get the TV working again. You can also try unplugging and plugging your TV back in. You may want to try unplugging the TV for a few hours and then try to turn it on again.
You can also take your TV to a repair shop if you feel that you cannot troubleshoot the device on your own.