Having a problem with auto rotate on your HTC One M9? You are not the only one. Many users complained about the exact same thing. While for many this device works like a charm, others need to find the solution to fix the problem. We are going to help you by listing the potential solutions. In this guide, we are going to show you how to fix auto rotate not working on HTC One M9. However, it may happen that these solutions won’t work for you because the problem can be hardware-related. If that is the case, contact your carrier.
You may also read: How To Fix HTC One M9 Overheating Issue
How to fix auto rotate not working on HTC One M9
Solution No.1: Restart your HTC One M9
When some strange issue appears, like this one with the auto rotate is, you should start the solving process by restarting your device. Often, that is all you need to do to get rid of the problem. Just press and hold the Power button, and then tap on Restart. You will be asked to confirm the action and do that by tapping on Restart.
Solution No.2: Third-party apps (Safe Mode)
You all know that third-party apps can cause tons of problem, from battery drain, freezing to overheating. Perhaps one of the apps you downloaded and installed is responsible for this issue too. The best way to check that out is by trying out the Safe mode. When your device runs in the Safe mode, all third-party apps will be disabled. If it runs smoothly, and if the auto-rotate is working normally, it means the app is definitely the reason why the issue occurred in the first place. Here is how to boot your device into Safe mode:
- Press and hold the Power button and keep holding it until you see the “Phone options”
- Press and hold the Power off and keep holding until “Reboot to safe mode” appears on the screen
- From the prompt “Reboot to safe mode” tap OK
- When the device reboots, you will see the Safe mode in the lower-left part of the screen.
See if the problem is still there. If it is not, you should remove the third-party apps you installed recently (perhaps you remember which app you downloaded when the problem occurred), or you can perform factory data reset (explained below) which will delete all third-party apps, your data, and personal settings.
Solution No.3: Use Help application
Use the Help application, which is one of the pre-installed apps to check G-Sensor to make sure that it is working. Open the Help app and then go to Hardware misbehaving > Hardware diagnostics > G-Sensor test.
Solution No.4: Make sure you have the latest software version
We always repeat this: software version is essential because it fix the bugs and glitches and improves the performance of your HTE One M9. To manually check for a new software version, do the following:
- Navigate to Settings > System Update
- Tap Check for new system update
- If there is an update available tap “Download”
- Once download process is done tap Install
- Tap OK
Solution No.5: Wipe HTC One M9 cache
Wiping the cache of your device, which means clearing the temporary files and junk can fix the problem. Here is what you need to do:
- Turn off your smartphone
- Press and hold Volume Down button
- To turn your phone on press and hold the Power button and let it go when the smartphone vibrates but keep holding the Volume Down
- Release the Volume Down when red and blue lines appear
- Press Volume Down Key twice to highlight “reboot to bootloader” option and use the Power button to select it
- The white screen will show up
- Press the Volume Down button three times to highlight “BOOT TO RECOVERY MODE” and use the Power button to select that option
- Press Volume button three times and highlight “Wipe the Cache Partition” and use the Power button to select it
- When the process is finished, press the Power button and select the “Reboot system now” option
Solution No.5: Factory reset
A fresh start for your device sounds good if nothing else works and it may. As we mentioned above when we talked about the Safe mode, this will erase all your settings, data, and apps you installed, and it will restore your device to the factory settings. It is important to backup your files. Go to Settings > Backup & Reset > Reset Phone. There will be an option “Erase your SD card”, check it if you want the content from your device to be deleted as well. Tap OK.
We showed you how to fix auto rotate not working on HTC One M9 and hope you fixed the problem with one of the methods we shared. If not, contact your carrier.
Image Source: pocketnow.com
You may also read: How To Fix Wi-Fi Issues On HTC One M9
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.