Android 7.0 nougat has not reached all devices yet but if you have recently purchased a Nexus or Google Pixel device, you must be enjoying the new Android OS which has brought various exciting and useful features to help you get the best of your smartphone. This update is available since August and already the update version of it Android 7.1 Nougat too is rolled out to fix some bugs and glitches faced in Nougat 7.0. However, the Pixel and Nexus users have been seen to complain about some common Android 7.0 Nougat problems so far. Those problems are listed here along with their potential fixes to help users get rid of the issues.
Android 7.0 Nougat Problems And Their Potential Fixes
Problem 1: Fast battery drain
This is probably the most common issue faced by many of the Android 7.0 Nougat users. Here are the solutions.
- The primary things to do are: reduce the display brightness, screen lock time, turn off the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection while not in use and close all the unwanted apps running in the background.
- The next step is to check if you have enabled the battery saver feature in your Pixel or Nexus device. If not then, go to the battery settings menu and ensure the battery saver feature is enabled.
- Finally look for the battery optimization option by going to Settings > Battery and tapping on the three vertical dots. It will bring the Battery optimization option. Check in case any app has opted out of the battery saver feature unknowingly. Now tap on the three dots and select Reset app preferences which might fix the issue for you.
Problem 2: Ambient display issue
This is another issue being faced by the Pixel Smartphone users mostly and according to them, the display is not turning on as any notification arrives at the device. Normally the Pixel device does not have a wake function to show the Ambient display notification as it is taken on hand rather gets turned on only when any notification is received. But, unfortunately for many users, the display is not turning on after the arrival of notification.
- You can perform a factory reset by going to Settings > Back up & reset > Factory data reset and then set up the device from scratch to see if it can fix the issue. But first, backup your data.
- Another thing you can try is to get in touch with the support team and get a replacement unit. For that head towards settings and swipe left to get the support tab which will help you get a replacement unit.
- Finally, you can go for downloading ambi-turner which will wake up the display as soon as it is lifted on hand or is taken out of the pocket.
Problem 3: Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issue
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity issue in Android 7.0 Nougat has been faced by some of the Pixel and Nexus device users so far and the basic solutions are listed below. However, before trying to fix the issue ensure the problem is with your Android 7.0 Nougat only. Check with the other device if the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth is causing the same issue or not, if not then the problem lies in your device or OS.
- First turn off your device once, wait for few seconds and turn it on back to see if the issue is resolved.
- Next, disable the Bluetooth, Wi-Fi connection and again enable them which might fix the issue.
- If those workarounds are not able to fix the issue then try to forget the network and reconnect them. To do so, head towards Settings > More > Network settings reset > Reset settings and see if it can resolve the issue for you.
- Finally, perform a factory reset by going to Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset and choose to erase all data. This process will erase everything on the device, so backup is necessary before performing the process.
Problem 4: Camera issue
This is an annoying issue faced by the Pixel users particularly where the camera app starts freezing and shows purple and pink vertical lines on the screen thus prevent you from taking any snap. While you might choose to go for a replacement but some workarounds are also there to help you fix the issue.
- Reboot the device which might fix the issue temporarily.
- Sometimes it happens due to connectivity issue so what you are required to do is turn on the airplane mode and can go for turning off the location also to see if camera app starts working normally.
- ‘Open Camera’ is a useful third party camera app which has resolved the issue for many so far.
- Another useful trick is to turn off the battery optimization feature for camera app and Google Photos. This can be done by going to the Settings > Battery and selecting the three vertical dots.
Problem 5: Unstable app
Another common Android 7.0 Nougat issue is the that some apps keep crashing. However, this is a small glitch which can be easily fixed by some easy steps.
- Uninstall the app with which you are facing the issue and then reinstall it to see if the issue is resolved.
- Also, try to clear the app cache as it will bring the app to the clean state thus might help it to come back to normal operating condition.
- Finally, go for factory reset if none of the above options could fix up the app crashing issue.
Problem 6: Random reboots
Random reboot is another major issue faced by mostly the Nexus device users and they have claimed that the device is rebooting randomly for no reason while some other users of Nexus 5X have reported that their device is booting very often in recovery mode rather than in the standard mode. Some basic workarounds are listed here.
- The first thing to do is turn off the device completely, pull out the battery, wait for few seconds and then turn it back on. Now see if the issue is fixed. However, this is a temporary fix.
- Apart from this, no such workaround is still known and what you are advised to do is take the device to the store from where you have purchased it. If the device is still under warranty then go for replacing it with another set.
Problem 7: Nougat 7.0 installation issue
Users are facing issue while trying to install Android 7.0 Nougat in their Nexus device. This problem is very specific for the Nexus users as only Nexus device users have been seen to complain about it. If the installation procedure is getting stuck while you are trying for over the air update then, follow the below-mentioned solutions here.
- First, try to force restart your device. It might act as a miracle sometime and help you in the smooth installation of Android Nougat in your device.
- Another trick to try is let your battery drain completely first and then charge it 100%. Now try to install the OS on your new Nexus device.
- If that too did not work out for you, then go for wiping the cache partition which might fix the issue for you and you can go for installing the Nougat 7.0 in no time. Here is how to wipe the cache partition in nexus device:
- Press down the Power and Volume down button altogether and keep holding them till until logo appears on the screen.
- As a large arrow is visible on the screen, start pressing the volume down button repeatedly till Recovery is noticed in that arrow.
- Next press the power button which will bring an android with the chest open showing a red triangle with exclamation mark.
- Do not leave the power button and at the same time press once the Volume up button. Now release the power button.
- A list of items will appear on the screen. Go to wipe cache partition and select that using the power button.
- Wait for few minutes and let your phone complete the process.
- Once completed, restart the device.
Problem 8: Android 7.0 Nougat charging issue
Charging issue is also a common one. Even though it is an Android 7.0 Nougat issue but mostly users have complained about it once they have updated the device with 7.1.1 update. According to some users, the charging mechanism suddenly stops working. Here are all the possible fixes for that issue.
- If you are using a third party charger, then the first thing you should do is charge your Nexus device with the original charger that came with the device. Also, in case a stock charger is being used, then it is recommended to use a charger of the same voltage.
- Also, if you are using the wall charger to charge your device then switch it to USB. Charge the device from laptop or computer.
Problem 9: Data issues
Many users have stated so far that they are unable to get the cellular data service on their device. This is a very annoying Android 7.0 Nougat issue. While you can use the Wi-Fi instead of cellular data, there are times when no option is left other than data and it requires the problem to be fixed as soon as possible. Before you contact your carrier, here are some easy workarounds to try which can resolve the issue in no time.
- Reboot your device. Just turn off the device, wait for few seconds and turn it on back to see if this process can help you establish the data connection on your device.
- Next, put the device in airplane mode which will turn off all the connections and turn off the airplane mode back. Now check if the issue is gone.
- The next step is to disable your cellular data or LTE option once by going to the settings and then turn them on.
- Finally, if nothing works out for you, then perform a factory reset.
Problem 10: Android 7.0 Nougat lagging/performance issue
Developers have made the recent OS to offer the fastest performance with various exciting features. But, if you notice the device is lagging then you should perform the following steps to prevent the performance issue.
- Android 7.0 Nougat comes with a RAM Manager tool that let users check what slows down the performance of the device. This tool is available under Settings > Memory.
- Also, you can make use of another app called Qualcomm’s Trepn Profiler that keeps an eye on device’s CPU activity.
- Go for wiping cache partition. The process is explained above, so you can follow the mentioned instruction.
- In case your device is full with unnecessary files and photos, videos etc, try to delete them which will free up some memory as it is another strong reason to slow down the device performance.
- Finally, you can perform a factory reset.
So, the most common Android 7.0 Nougat problems with their solutions are listed here. If you are facing any of the above issues, just try to follow the mentioned steps and it will help you fix up the issue. Also, you can go for a replacement if still under warranty.