Are you trying to find out how to reset your Android wear? Android is already past the phase of smartphones and tablets, Android wear is what’s trending now. Not that smartphones are obsolete, I don’t think they can go out of fashion anytime soon, especially with the way in which they have chiseled into our lives. Smartphones are here to stay and most of us already know the basics of troubleshooting a smartphone. For those who don’t, we are here to help. But when it comes to Android wear, for most of us, it is like treading in stranger waters. This is why we have detailed the steps on how to factory reset Android wear.
I prefer getting the obvious out of the way, so if you are thinking why would you ever need to reset your Android watch, then some of the reasons could be:
- You may have messed up the settings and you are not sure how to start all over again.
- You are planning to sell your watch and you do not want the buyer to have access to any of your personal information stored on the watch.
- You may need to reset your device to factory settings as a part of the troubleshooting steps if your wearable device is not performing as expected.
When To Reset Your Android Wear
These are some of the reasons why you may have to reset your device to factory settings. Remember that once your device is reset, you will lose all information stored on your wearable device. So it is important that you create a backup of all the data on the device before you reset it. While data on your smartphone will be unaffected, any information stored on the watch like notifications, personal settings, fitness data and third party apps will be lost. Once the factory reset is complete, you will have to pair the smartwatch with your phone all over again.
There are two ways of resetting your Android wear:
Method 1: Using Voice Commands
You can simply talk your phone into resetting itself.
- To do this, you simply need to be on the home screen and then say OK Google
- Now that Google Now is active and listening to you, say Settings
- This will bring you to the Settings screen. Scroll down till you find the option that says Reset Device
- You will see a pop up on the screen which will ask you to confirm your selection.
- Tap on the Tick mark which will allow your device to proceed with the reset.
- When your device powers on again, you will notice that it is back to its out-of-the-box state.
While Google Now has made things a lot easier for us, there is a chance that you do not feel like using the voice commands because you are at work or in a public place where talking to your watch doesn’t look too cool. In this case, you can use the touch display to reset Android Smartwatch.
Method 2: Using the Touch Display
To use the touch display, you must begin with waking up your Android device by tapping on the watch screen. Once it is on, follow these steps:
- Tap anywhere on the background and you will be on the screen for the Voice command – a white screen with a red G
- Tap anywhere on the screen again and your device will bring up the menu
- Scroll down till you find Settings and then tap on it
- In the Settings menu, look for the option Reset Device and tap on it
- Tap on the tick mark to confirm the reset
Your device will power off to begin the reset. When it powers on again the reset will be complete.
Read also: How To Set Up Your Android Wear Watch