The 3D Touch feature lets you directly reply to notifications, switch apps and keyboards, preview messages and links, animate Live Photos and much more. It lets you glide on your iOS much faster. Several users have reported that the 3D feature not working on their iPhone X. Keep reading to know how to fix iPhone X 3D touch issues.
Steps to Fix iPhone X 3D Touch Issues
Check if the 3D Touch is ON
The first thing to check when the 3D Touch is not working on your iPhone X is to see if the feature is ON. Here is what you need to do to:
Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > 3D Touch.
Check if the feature is ON, if not, enable it. While you are on this screen you can also check the touch sensitivity of the feature. There are three pressure levels – Light, Medium, and Firm. Many times the 3D touch will not work because the pressure was not right. Check which pressure level works for you and set it accordingly.
Restart the iPhone X
Restarting your iPhone X can fix many small problems.
- Hold the Side button and when the screen prompts, slide the Power icon from left to right to turn off the phone.
Once you restart try using the 3D Touch feature. The iPhone X 3D touch issues on your smartphone will probably be fixed.
Force Restart the iPhone X
If a simple restart hasn’t worked for you then a force restart can solve the problem. To force restart your iPhone X:
- Press and speedily release the Volume Up button, then press and release the Volume Down button, now press the Side button and hold it. Let go of the Side button when you see the Apple Logo.
Once your device restarts try the 3D Touch.
Update the Apps on Your Smartphone
If you find the 3D Touch not working for a specific app (it was definitely working earlier) then it is probably because the app needs to be updated. You need to visit the App Store on your smartphone and update the app. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to App Store
- Find and tap on Updates icon towards the bottom right of your screen
- Locate the app to check if there is an update and tap the Update button beside it
- Alternatively, you can tap on Update All button to update all the apps
Check for Software Updates
Another solution to this problem is to check for software updates for your phone. The outdated version of iOS will also give problems when running the 3D Touch feature. Check for software updates if any:
Go to Settings > General > Software Update
Check for an update, if there is any, download and install.
Reset Your iPhone X to Factory Settings
As a final solution to solve iPhone X 3D touch issues you can restore your smartphone to Factory Settings. This will erase all your settings and information. Here is what you need to do:
The first way to Factory Reset your iPhone is from iTunes. Before you begin, make sure your iPhone X has enough battery and you are signed in to iTunes on your computer to avoid any errors.
- Power off your iPhone X
- Connect your phone to a computer/laptop with the help of a cable. Hold the Power button and Volume Down button together when you are plugging in the cable.
- Keep holding the buttons even after you have plugged the cable and even when you see the Apple Logo
- Let go of the buttons as soon as you see the iTunes logo
- Keep your iPhone X aside. Your computer/laptop will prompt if you want to Restore or Update it. Click on Restore and on the second prompt click on Restore and Update.
- The process of Factory will take some time. Once done you will receive a prompt on your screen.
The second method is from the Settings on your iPhone X. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings > Erase iPhone
Those who have a passcode set will be prompted to add it before they can confirm the action. Once confirmed it will take a few minutes to complete the process of Factory Reset.
A Factory Reset will give your phone a fresh start. This normally solves all the problems. Users who have faced this issue have been able to fix this problem after following the above tips. But if you still find the problem you can visit an Apple Store nearby.
See also: Top Best Fun Apps For iPhone X