How To Fix “Currently Unable To Send Your Message” Error
Writing an article that contains a lot of valuable information may seem simple. But when the article is written, the story doesn’t end. We are constantly updating the content so that you can always get up-to-date and accurate information.
Technobezz's Editorial Guidelines
The "Currently unable to send your message" error will appear when you have difficulty establishing a network connection. This can often happen when you have issues with your MMS settings, APN Settings, or "No Service" issues.
We have covered a series of articles surrounding this topic. Learn more with :
- What to do if your Android Phone is not downloading MMS?
- Why does my phone say no service?
- Android Not Receiving or Sending Texts?
- Is the Mobile Network available?
- Is your phone Registered on a Network?
Let's start with the basics.
- Ensure you have an active mobile plan with your carrier and your signal is not weak (Reception).
- Check your contact blocked list. Try sending a message to a different number.
- Check the Airplane mode. Sometimes, we accidentally enable that feature. Open Settings > Connections > Airplane mode. Toggle the switch button.
- Remove your SIM card and put it back in. If you have another phone around, place your SIM card in it and try to send a message.
- Restart your phone.
How To Fix Currently Unable To Send Your Message
Another reason why you are encountering the "currently unable to send your message" error is because your phone is not registered to a network.
Method 1: Restart Your Phone
A simple restart can fix this problem. This should be the first step if you face any issues on your device.
Method 2: Activate SIM Card
To enable your SIM card, Navigate to:
- Tap Connection.
- SIM card manager > Tap one or both of the switches for the SIM or USIM cards to activate them.
Method 3: Re-Insert SIM Card
Make sure that the SIM card is placed correctly. If the card is damaged, contact the carrier for a replacement.
Method 4: Update Your APN Settings
Consider updating your APN Settings. Under Wireless and Networks or Connection
- Navigate to Settings
- Tap Connections.
- Tap Mobile Networks
- Select Access Point Names
- Tap More (3 dots)
- Tap Reset to Default.
- Then enter the new APN Settings
Read this guide: Updated APN Settings For AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint ( +4 More)
Solution 5: Toggle Airplane mode
Toggling Airplane mode can be a way to refresh your phone's connectivity.
Method 6: Set Network Mode
Follow these steps:
- Go to then Wireless & Networks Or Connections.
- Select Mobile Networks
- Select Network Mode
- You will get a pop-up menu with the different options you can choose from. Ensure that you select the first option that says 4G/3G/2G (auto connect).
Method 7: Enter Service Mode
This method requires you to open the dialer first, after which the below steps are to be followed.
- Enter this code *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer
- Enter Service mode
- Click on the top option – Device information or Phone information.
- Next, tap on the Run Ping test.
- The radio option will be visible at the bottom of this screen.
- Check if it is off or on. Please press the button next to it to turn on the radio.
- You will be prompted to reboot the device.
- Click reboot and your phone will start rebooting. Once completed, check if the problem is gone.
Solution 8: Reset Network Settings
The best way to get rid of the "currently unable to send your message" problem is to reset network settings. Here is how:
- Navigate to Settings
- Depending on your Device, go to System, General Management, or Connection & Sharing.
- Now tap on Reset option or Reset.
- Tap Reset network settings.
- Confirm the action.
This helps us improve our website.
Join The Conversation on "How To Fix “Currently Unable To Send Your Message” Error"