A factory reset will restore the software of your smartphone to its original state. There is also a soft reset that comes as handy when your phone is unresponsive or its screen is frozen. Here is how to factory reset Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2XL devices.
Soft Reset – You may experience a frozen screen sometimes and to get rid of it you should use the soft reset.
- Press the Volume Down and Power button together for about 12-15 seconds.
- You need to hold the buttons till the screen changes. You will be able to power your device once again.
A soft reset won’t delete your data and won’t affect the settings on your phone.
Hard Reset – You have two ways to factory reset Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2XL.
Process 1- How To Factory Reset Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2XL
- Turn off your Pixel 2/Pixel 2XL
- Once the device is off press the Volume Down and Power buttons together and keep holding till the Android logo appears.
- Using the Volume buttons highlight the Recovery Mode. Now use the Power button to select it.
- You will see an Android image. You need to hold the Power Button for two seconds. While you hold on to the Power button press the Volume Up button together with it. Release the Volume Up button after 3 seconds and but don’t let go of the Power button.
- Hold on to the Power button till your screen shows Android image displaying No Command. Let the Power button go off when you see this screen.
- Using the Volume Buttons highlight Wipe Data/Factory Reset and use the Power button to confirm the selection.
- Next use the Volume Down button to scroll and select Yes, delete all user data and once again use the Power button to make the selection.
- Your Pixel 2 and Pixel 2XL devices will clear all the settings and personal data and restore your device to its original settings.
- Once the process is complete you will have to select Reboot System Now in order to restart your phone.
Process II – Factory Reset Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2XL
This is the second way to factory reset Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2XL. In this way of the factory reset, you don’t need to turn off your phone.
- Go to Settings on your device
- Scroll down to Backup & Reset
- Tap on Factory Data Reset and select Reset Phone
- You will get another prompt that says Erase Everything
- This will take a few minutes.
- After that, you will have to set up the phone from scratch.
Read also- How To Take A Screenshot On Google Pixel 2
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.