The animation is gaining popularity in a wide range of sectors such as gaming. They rely heavily on graphics for their effectiveness. It is thus a known fact that those engaged in this field will need laptops with good graphics processors to produce the desired animation effect. The display of the device also plays an important role in bringing out the best animation. Often, gaming laptops can prove to be a good choice when you are looking out for a device to bring out the best of your animation skills. Almost all popular manufacturers have some laptops dedicated to gaming. The following are some laptops that you might consider checking out to determine if any of them meets your needs.
See also: Best computer for AutoCAD
If you are buying laptops for animation in 2021, you have a wide choice. You can spend time analyzing the various specifications in each model and pick the best one. There are some special requirements when it comes to creating animation on laptops as briefly referred to above. If you are already thorough with the activity, it may take very little time in going through the specs and choosing the best laptop. If you are not so sure, here are some tips that may be useful.
- Display Size: Your laptop for animation must have as large a display size as possible. While you are developing the various screens, you would want to be sure of the minutest details and a larger screen helps in this.
- Display Resolution: Check if you can get a laptop with a better screen resolution than the regular ones. A full HD resolution will help while creating animations online.
- Processor: A powerful laptop is required while working on animation. Ideally, the latest generation Intel Core i7 or an equivalent chipset will be suitable.
- Graphics: There has to be excellent graphics support to the processor if the animation work is to be handled efficiently on the laptop. Look for the appropriate NVIDIA GeForce graphics card for your laptop for animation. No compromises here.
- RAM: You will be better served with at least 16GB of RAM in the laptop for animation work. Creating animation on the laptop will require faster performance from the machine and only a great combination of processor and RAM can offer this.
- Storage: The laptop you are choosing has to have sufficient storage facilities for all the work you will be doing on it. 1TB would be the optimum level of storage you should be looking for.
- Battery: If you intend to carry on the animation work or any other activity on your laptop outside, then the battery has to last several hours. The latest laptops not only come with better batteries, but many of them can be recharged very fast. Look for such a laptop.
- Software Compatibility: You may be using several additional software programs on the laptop while doing your animation work. The laptop you are now buying must allow you to download and use those in the environment already available. Check this out.
Best Laptops for Animation
Best Animation Laptop with Dedicated Graphics Memory
ASUS VivoBook IPS Display Animation Laptop
The ASUS laptop encompasses a 15.6” screen with a 1080p FHD IPS display. The laptop houses an 8th Generation Intel Core i7 1.8 GHz quad-core processor whose clocking frequency can be boosted to 4 GHz. The device also includes an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics with 4 GB dedicated graphics memory, 256 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD. It comes preloaded with Windows 10 Home operating system.
The black-colored laptop features a durable light and thin chassis with lightning blue edges, a backlit keyboard and a fingerprint reader. The device supports four display modes comprising Normal, Eye Care, Vivid and Manual to render the best visuals for the content displayed. It houses various ports that include USB 2.0, USB 3.0, USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1, HDMI and headphone/microphone ports. The gadget renders dual-antenna Wi-Fi 802.11 ac lightning-fast wireless connectivity all the time. The unit works with a long-lasting 48 Wh lithium-ion battery that attains a 60% charge with just 49 minutes of charging. The laptop comes with a user guide and a warranty card that provides a one-year international warranty against drops, electrical surges and/or spills.
Who should buy this?
- The dedicated graphics memory makes the ASUS laptop ideal for people who want to produce seamless and smooth transitioning animations.
- The IPS display ensures that the device is ideal for those want to enjoy the best-animated effects because of the wide viewing angles rendered.
Best Animation Laptop with 360 Degrees Rotation
Jumper Full Metal Body Animation Laptop
The Jumper laptop comprises an 11.6” screen with an IPS multi-touch FHD display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution and 178 degrees wide viewing angle. The laptop features 4 GB RAM, an Intel Gemini Lake quad-core 1.1 GHz processor with a maximum clocking frequency of 2.4 GHz and an Intel 9th generation HD graphics coprocessor with the highest frequency of 700 MHz. The gadget also incorporates 64 GB eMMC and 64 GB SSD. It is preloaded with the Windows 10 operating system.
The slim and lightweight black and silver-colored laptop has an aerospace-grade aluminum alloy body. The device supports 360-degree rotation to place the screen in any angle. It includes a TF card slot and a 2.0 MP front camera for taking selfies and engaging in face-to-face chat. The gadget comes with multiple ports that comprise a micro USB port, a Type C USB port, a mini HDMI port and a 2-in-1 3.5 mm headphone/microphone port. The unit supports wireless Wi-Fi 802.11 ac connectivity. It works with a 3,500 mAh lithium polymer battery that has a standby time of five hours.
Who should buy this?
- The choice of Intel 9th Generation graphics processor proves that the Jumper laptop is a great option for people who want to enjoy smooth animations with realistic effects.
- The 360-degree rotation capability of the screen makes the device worth considering by those who want to enjoy the animation in multiple angles.
Best Animation Laptop with Very Fast Performance
Apple MacBook Pro Huge Storage Animation Laptop
The Apple laptop showcases a 13” screen with a LED backlit brilliant retina display, IPS and True Tone technology, 2560 x 1600 pixels resolution and 227ppi pixel density. The laptop includes 8 GB RAM and comes in two options of 128 GB and 256 GB ultra-fast SSD for internal SSD storage. It is also integrated with a dual-core 7th Generation 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 processor with a maximum Turbo Boost of 3.6 GHz and an Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 coprocessor. The laptop comes preloaded with the manufacturer’s own operating system.
The laptop encompasses a force touch trackpad and a keyboard with a butterfly mechanism that renders a quiet typing experience and four times more key stability. The unit houses two USB Type C Thunderbolt 3 ports and a USB 3.1 Gen 2 port. The device supports Wi-Fi 802.11 ac wireless networking, Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology and is compatible with IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n. The device is available in two color variants of silver and space gray. It has a battery life of 10 hours when connected to the Internet.
Who should buy this?
- The Apple laptop is undoubtedly worth considering by people who want their animations to be displayed with utmost clarity and true to life color rendition.
- The device is apt for those who do not want to view the animation at a slow pace on their system.
- The high-fidelity audio ensures that the laptop is suitable for people who want the audio associated with the animation to always be of excellent sound quality.
Best Animation Laptop with Cine Crystal Glossy Screen Technology
Acer Aspire LED Back-lit Animation Laptop
The Acer laptop incorporates a 15.6” HD screen with LED backlighting, CineCrystal Glossy Screen technology and 1366 x 768 pixels resolution. The laptop houses 6 GB RAM, an AMD A-Series 3 GHz dual-core processor that has a maximum clocking frequency of 3.6 GHz and an AMD Radeon R5 Graphics coprocessor. The device also has a 1 TB 5400 RPM hard drive. It comes pre-installed with Windows 10 Home operating system.
The black laptop comprises an inbuilt media reader to insert SD cards, two built-in stereo speakers, an inbuilt webcam integrated with a digital microphone and a Kensington lock slot. The device features various ports such as two USB 2.0 ports, a USB 3.0 ports, a headphone jack, an HDMI output port and an Ethernet RJ 45 jack. The system supports wireless connectivity with Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.0 and 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN options. It works with a three-cell lithium-ion 4,810 mAh battery with an average life of 5.5 hours.
Who should buy this?
- The Acer laptop is best suited for people engaged in the animation profession because of the huge hard drive storage available to store many large files.
- The Cine Crystal Glossy screen technology ensures that the device is ideal for those who do not want any compromise to the vividness of their animated files.
- The media reader slot makes the laptop ideal for those who want to take a backup of the animated files that they have created on to a memory card.
Best Animation Laptop with Built-In DTS Headphone: X Processing
LG Gram Multiple Ports Animation Laptop
The LG laptop comes with a 15.6” screen with Full HD IPS LCD display and 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution. The laptop encompasses 8 GB RAM, an Intel 8th Generation i5 quad-core processor and an Intel UHD graphics coprocessor with a dedicated graphics card. The device also includes a 256 GB solid-state flash memory hard drive. It is pre-loaded with Windows 10 Home operating system.
The dark silver laptop has a compact metal alloy body of Nanocarbon magnesium that makes it durable and lightweight at the same time. The device comprises a micro SD card reader, an HD webcam and a backlit keyboard. The unit incorporates a USB Type C port, three USB 3.0 ports, an HDMI port and a headphone/microphone port with inbuilt DTS Headphone: X processing. The system supports wireless connection with Wi-Fi 802.11 ac. It works with a 72 Whr battery that has a long life of 19 hours with a single charge.
Who should buy this?
- The LG laptop is ideal for people who want to see the animation in their system on a big screen such as television because of the HDMI port.
- The long life of the battery makes the device apt for those who are apprehensive of their laptop running out of juice while they are working on developing animated content.
- The system is a good choice for those who want to watch their favorite animated movie saved in a memory card because of the card reader.
Best Animation Laptop with DVD Writer
HP Pavilion Back-lit Keyboard Animation Laptop
The HP laptop comes with a 15.6” screen with IPS Full HD BrightView LED back-lit display and 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution. The laptop is loaded with 16 GB RAM, a 1.8 GHz 8th Generation Intel Core i7 quad-core processor that can be turbo boosted to 4 GHz and an NVIDIA GeForce graphics processor with dedicated 4 GB graphics memory. The device also includes a 2 TB 5400 RPM hard drive. It is pre-installed with Windows 10 Home operating system.
The black and silver-colored laptop encompasses a keyboard with LED backlighting, a DVD writer, a webcam, a media reader and two speakers that are supported by B&O AUDIO PLAY. The system also comprises multiple connectivity ports like a headphone output/microphone input combo port, two USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, a USB 3.0 Type C Gen 1 port, an HDMI port and an RJ 45 port. The device supports wireless connection using Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac and integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet. It works with a three-cell lithium-ion battery.
Who should buy this?
- The inclusion of the DVD writer makes the HP laptop a good choice for animation professionals who want to make a copy of their files on a DVD.
- The B&O Audio speakers ensure that the system is worth giving a thought by those who want the sound effects of the animation to be as realistic as possible.
- The laptop is ideal for those who want to create animation in the dark because of the LED backlighting for the keyboard and screen.
Best Animation Laptop with One Year Warranty
Fusion5 Light and Flexible Animation Laptop
The Fusion5 laptop features an 11.6” screen with IPS Full HD display, MicroEdge technology and 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution. The laptop comprises 2 GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC onboard storage, an Intel Atom quad-core 1.83 GHz processor and a 7th Generation Intel HD graphics coprocessor. The existing 32 GB storage can be raised to 128 GB using a micro SD TF card. It comes preinstalled with Windows 10 Home operating system.
The black-colored laptop is ultra-slim, lightweight and highly flexible. The system can be stretched up to an angle of 170 degrees to make it as flat as possible for comfortable viewing. The device has a front-facing 0.3 MP VGA camera for video chats. The gadget comprises a mini HDMI port and a USB 2.0 port. It works with an 8,000mAh lithium polymer battery and features a one-year warranty from the manufacturer.
Who should buy this?
- A Fusion5 laptop is a great option for people who want the animated files on their system to load immediately without a lag as soon as they are accessed from the location they are saved.
- The system is ideal for those who want to enjoy animated movies when they are on the move because of the lightweight feature that makes it easy to carry the unit everywhere.
Best Animation Laptop with Superior Sound
Dell Quick Charging Battery Animation Laptop
The Dell laptop encompasses a 15.6” screen with IPS FHD LED display and anti-glare panels. The laptop features 16 GB RAM that can be augmented to 32 GB, an 8th Generation Intel Core i7 six-core processor with a maximum clocking frequency of 3.9 GHz and an NVIDIA GeForce graphics coprocessor with 4 GB dedicated memory. The system also includes 128 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD storage. It comes preloaded with Windows 10 Home operating system.
The black-colored laptop comprises a Noble Lock security slot, a 2-in-1 SD / micro card reader and two front-firing tuned MaxxAudio speakers. The device also incorporates a slew of connectivity ports like a SuperSpeed USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A port, an Ethernet RJ 45 port, an HDMI 2.0 port, a USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type C port and a headphone/microphone port. The unit supports 2 x 2 long-range fast Wi-Fi 802.11 ac. It works with a quick charging lithium-ion battery that gains 25% extra juice with just 15 minutes of charging.
Who should buy this?
- The Dell laptop is apt for people who do not want to miss on clarity for the animation movies that they watch on their devices.
- The system is ideal for those who wish to enjoy the best sound effects when playing their favorite animation games because of the MaxxAudio speakers.
- The unit is suitable for people who want minimum loading time for their animated content.
Best Animation Laptop with Four Versatile Modes
Microsoft Surface Book Windows 10 Pro Animation Laptop
The Microsoft laptop houses a 13.5” touchscreen with vibrant LCD Pixel-sense display, stylus support and 3000 x 2000 pixels resolution. The laptop features 16 GB RAM, a quad-core Intel Core i7 processor that has a maximum clocking frequency of 4.2 GHz and an NVIDIA GeForce graphics coprocessor with 2 GB dedicated memory. The device also offers two options of flash memory storage of 512 GB and 1 TB. It is preloaded with Windows 10 Pro operating system.
The black and silver-colored laptop comes with an SD card reader and a detachable LED backlighting keyboard that allows you to use the system in three additional modes of tablet, view and studio. The device is integrated with a USB 2.0 port and two USB 3.0 ports. The unit offers wireless compatibility with Wi-Fi 802.11 abg. It works with a lithium polymer battery that supports up to 17 hours of video playback on a single charge.
Who should buy this?
- The long battery life makes the Microsoft system apt for people who would like to enjoy uninterrupted viewing their favorite animated movie.
- The laptop is ideal for those who want to use the same device as a tablet so that it is less bulky when on the move.
- The LED backlighting on the keyboard makes it suitable for people who want to play an animated game in the dark.
Best Animation Laptop with Dolby Atmos Stereo Speakers
Lenovo IdeaPad Anti-Glare Screen Animation Laptop
The Lenovo laptop incorporates a 15.6” screen with LED backlighting, HD display, 1366 x 768 pixels resolution and anti-glare property. The laptop is integrated with 4 GB RAM, a 3.0 GHz Intel AMD 7th Generation dual-core processor with 3.6 GHz maximum clocking frequency and an integrated AMD Radeon graphics coprocessor. The RAM can be expanded to 16 GB if needed. The device also includes 1 TB HDD storage. It comes pre-loaded with 64-bit Windows 10 Home operating system.
The platinum gray-colored laptop houses a DVD-RW optical drive, a 4-in-1 media card reader, an HD webcam and Dolby Atmos speakers. The system features various ports that comprise a USB 3.0 port, a USB 2.0 port, an Ethernet port, a headphone/microphone jack and an HDMI port. The device supports Bluetooth 4.1 and Wi-Fi 802.11 ac WLAN wireless connectivity options. It works with a two-cell lithium-ion battery.
Who should buy this?
- The anti-glare property of the screen makes the Lenovo laptop ideal for movie buffs who want to enjoy watching their favorite animation movies for long hours without straining their eyes.
- The system is undoubtedly a great choice for gaming aficionados who wish to experience nothing but the best sound effects because of the Dolby Atmos stereo speakers.
- The huge storage space ensures that the laptop is ideal for those who want to save a lot of animated content on their computer.
Best Animation Laptop with Thin Bezel
RazerBlade Ultra Fast Animation Laptop
The Razer laptop encompasses a 15.6” screen with edge-to-edge Full HD display and a thin bezel. The laptop houses 16 GB RAM that can be doubled along with a six-core Intel Core 8th Generation i7 2.2 GHz processor and an NVIDIA GeForce graphics coprocessor with Max-Q design and capable of supporting virtual reality. The graphics coprocessor features 6 GB dedicated memory. The device also offers dual storage of 128 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD. It comes preloaded with Windows 10 Home operating system.
The compact and thin black colored laptop has a CNC aluminum durable unibody. The laptop comes with a Kensington Lock, a full-size backlit keyboard and a heat pipe and dual fans to prevent overheating and for heat dissipation. The device has numerous connectivity ports on both sides that include a USB Type C port, an HDMI 2.0 port, three USB 3.1 ports, a mini display port 1.4, an Ethernet port and a microphone/headphone combo port. The unit renders wireless compatibility with Wi-Fi 802.11 abg. It works with a 65 Whr lithium-ion battery that has a maximum operating time of six hours.
Who should buy this?
- The CNC aluminum unibody makes the Razer laptop apt for people who want a rugged system for their animation related activities.
- The Max-Q design of the graphics coprocessor ensures that the system is definitely worth giving a thought by those who want their animated content to deliver high-quality performance and excellent frame rates.
Best Animation Laptop with Detachable Keyboard
Yuntab 120 Degrees Hinge Animation Laptop
The Yuntab laptop features an 11.6” touchscreen with IPS HD display rendering wide viewing angles and 1920 x 1080 high resolution. The laptop is integrated with 2 GB RAM and 32 GB memory, as well as an Intel Atom 1.84 GHz quad-core processor and a graphics coprocessor. The existing memory can be increased to 64 GB with a micro SD memory card. It is preloaded with Windows 10 Home operating system.
The dark gray colored laptop comes with a detachable full-size keyboard and a 120-degree hinge that allows you to alternatively use it as a tablet. The system is equipped with a media card reader, two 1 W speakers, a front 2 MP camera and a rear 5 MP camera with LED light. The device also incorporates a micro HDMI port, a 3.5 mm headphone jack, an OTG port and a USB 2.0 port. The unit offers Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n wireless connectivity. It works with a 7,500 mAh lithium metal battery.
Who should buy this?
- The 120-degree hinge makes the Yuntab laptop a good choice for people who want to share animated content with friends and/or colleagues.
- The inclusion of the rear camera ensures that the device is ideal for those who want to shoot photographs or videos when the system is being used as a tablet.
- The ability to expand the inbuilt memory makes the laptop ideal for those who want a minimum lag time when their favorite content is getting loaded.
See also: Best laptops for teachers
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a laptop meant for animation good for graphic design?
Of course, it is good for graphic design. Animation work mostly involves graphic design. You must check if the laptop has a powerful processor and a high level of RAM with solid graphics support. If so, any graphics related work can be smoothly handled on it.
Can laptops for animation be used for editing audio tracks and videos?
Yes, you should have no difficulty in using the best laptops for animation for editing audio tracks or videos. You may need extra software for doing the editing and saving the files in the required format. These laptops come loaded with Windows 10 which should accommodate the software programs you need.
Can one more monitor be added to the laptop for animation?
There will be provision for adding a monitor in the laptop you have chosen for your animation activity. You can still check with the seller/manufacturer what you precisely need and they will be able to clarify.
Are webcams standard on all laptops?
The latest models of laptops are mostly fitted with webcams. However, there may be many older models that may not have it. You have the option to fix an external webcam. Many professionals prefer the external one since it gives them more options.
I have purchased a laptop in the US and moving to another country where the power supply and charging pin design are different. Can I charge my laptop there?
Yes, there are adaptors available in the market that facilitate easy switchover from one type to another. You should be able to charge your laptop in any country easily. You need not worry about this.
Laptops suited for animation are available in all leading brands at various price points. Since animation relies heavily on graphics, it will be a wise decision to consider checking out those systems that have a dedicated graphics memory. This will render a smooth display of animated content. Similarly, since animation files can take up a lot of space, try looking at devices that have a lot of storage space or offer at least a media card reader, DVD writer or a high capacity HDD. These will help in saving some space on your laptop. If you are using a laptop for animation-related leisure activities like playing games or watching movies, you can always think of systems with anti-glare property or IPS displays.