PCSX2 is the first and still one of the best PlayStation 2 emulators for Windows PC. If you want to play PlayStation 2 games on your computer, keep reading, as we will show you how to set up PCSX2 BIOS.
See also: How To Factory Reset PS4
How to setup PCSX2 BIOS
The process of setting up PCSX2 BIOS has several parts. First, you'll have to download BIOS. Next, you'll set up PCSX2 BIOS and set up a gamepad or keyboard. Finally, you'll load the PS2 ISO file. All are explained below.
How to Download BIOS
First, you have to download the emulator. You can do that by clicking on this link.
- Go to your install folder, find pcsx2-1.4.0-setup.exe. and double click on it
- Now choose the components you want to install
- Click Next
- You will have to accept terms and conditions and then click Install
That’s it. You have downloaded and installed the emulator.
Steps to setup PCSX2 BIOS
- Click on the Start menu and then find PCSX2 install folder
- Run the program
- Click Next
- The BIOS screen will show up. Click on the option Open in Explorer
- You will see the following message “This path does not exist. Create it?”, click Create
- Minimize the configuration menu and go to the folder where BIOS is installed
- Now move the unpacked files from the install to the folder
- Maximize the "First Time Configuration" window and select the Refresh list
- Once you click Refresh list, you should see the regions such as Japan, Europe, and the USA
- Click on your region
- Finally, click Finish.
Steps to setup gamepad or keyboard
- Launch PCSX2 emulator
- Navigate to Config > Controllers > Plugin Settings
- You will see General, Pad 1, and Pad 2 (Pad 1 and Pad 2 are for player 1 and player 2)
- To set up your controller, click on Pad 1
- You will have to set up the commands now and you will see the schematic with all the options that need to be configured
- Select them one by one and press the corresponding button on your controller or your keyboard
- Once you are done, click OK.
How to load PS2 ISO File
- Create a folder for ISO game files and put them into that folder
- Launch the emulator
- Find CDVD and hover over it
- Select ISO Selector > Browse
- Find the ISO file of the game you want to play
- Click Open
- Go to System > Boot CDVD (full)
All you need to do now is wait for your favorite PlayStation 2 game to load and you are ready to play it!
The emulator remembers all the games and what that means is that you won’t have to load the game every single time. Enjoy playing!