The push notifications issue is very common on most smart phones, and Windows Phone 8 is not an exception to this. Sometimes updates of popular apps like WhatsApp and Facebook do not come through your Windows Phone 8 device like they should. Push notifications problem on Windows Phone 8 mainly occurs with Facebook and WhatsApp apps, but when you open these apps, you will see that lots of updates are there in the queue. Some Windows Phone 8 users have been complaining about this problem because they have been facing this issue with many popular apps. Here are some ways that you can try to fix the push notifications problem on your Windows Phone 8 device.
Potential fixes for push notifications problem on Windows Phone 8
1. Try restarting your Windows Phone 8 device by holding the Power button for ten seconds. Then tap this button again to turn on the device.
2. Check your data connection or wifi connection. Poor coverage or a weak signal sometimes has an impact on push notifications. Open Settings > Wi-Fi > Advanced, find the box next to the “Keep wifi on when the screen times out” option and tick on that box.
3. Go to Settings and see if the Battery Saver is turned off. If not, then turn it off because keeping the battery saver option on it may disconnect you to in order to save battery power.
4. If you are using your network, then check to see if your data limit has been exceeded. Furthermore, check your limits in the Data Sense app and make sure that it is not stopping you from receiving push notifications.
5. You can also try uninstalling the app with which you are having the push notifications problem. After you uninstall the app, restart your device and then reinstall the app again and see if it makes any difference.
6. Some users have found a solution for the push notifications problem on their Windows Phone 8 devices by going to Settings and turning “Location” and “Find My Phone” on or off, and then restarting the phone.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.