If you are using Nexus 7, there are several common problems reported on this phone. You may find that the microphone of this tablet is failing to pick up any sound. There could be a number of reasons behind it such as a faulty microphone, the cover of the tablet, wrong placement, or something has entered inside and blocked the microphone.
However, to solve the microphone issue on Nexus 7, here are some potential solutions, and you can follow them if you face such a problem.
Possible solutions for microphone issue on Nexus 7
1. Use compressed air on the microphone hole or you can suck on the microphone. If any dust particles are there, that will come out and the microphone issue on Nexus 7 should be fixed.
2. Some Nexus 7 users have reported that the rubber edge is covering the hole or it is not aligned properly. You can open the back cover and see.
3. There is a possibility of a faulty microphone also. In such case, contact with the Google customer support if you bought the tablet from Google Play or with the retailer and ask for a replacement.
Another problem that Nexus 7 users are reporting is about headphone. They are not getting any sound or crackly sound when they plug the headphone into the tablet. If the same problem happens with you, then before you panic, try to plug the headphone in another device to make sure that the headphone is not faulty. Also check that the volume on the Nexus 7 is turned up and not very slow or mute. If all these checking do not solve the headphone problem, then you need to try the below steps.
1. Normally, the port of headphone is little tight. So push harder and wait until you get the sound of headphone clicks into the place. You may need to put more pressure than expected.
2. However, if it is a hardware problem, you need to contact with Google and ask for a replacement.