Google’s first Nexus 7 tablet came into the market with great display, quality look and feel, solid performance and 7-inch display screen to give you better experience while watching videos or photos. And the most important thing about the Nexus 7 is its price, which comes in your budget.
However, it’s very hard to find a single smart phone which is a problem free. Nexus 7 is also not an exception of that. If you use this tablet, you may face wi-fi connection problem as most of the users have complained about the wi-fi dropping problem on Nexus 7. As per the users, either the wi-fi won’t connect or the connection drops very frequently.
See Also- Common Problems On 7 And Their Solutions
Possible solutions for wi-fi dropping problem on Nexus 7
There are several reasons for wi-fi dropping problem on Nexus 7 and all of them are not related to the tablet, but if the problem is in your tablet, then you can try the below steps.
1. Check the time and date settings on your Nexus 7 and make sure that they are correct because some users have reported an issue with the date being wrong.
2. Turn the NFC off by going to Settings > More, and uncheck the box that is next to NFC. Some users have found solution following this way.
3. Turn the Wi-fi option off on your Nexus 7 and on it again. Then turn the router off and on. It may fix the wi-fi dropping problem on Nexus 7 temporarily.
4. You may need to consult your ISP or the troubleshooting steps of the router to identify the problem.
5. Sometimes weak wi-fi problem occurs because of the loose back cover and if the wi-fi antenna does not have a good contact. Tight the back cover of your Nexus 7 and make sure that it is placed properly and then keep an eye on the wi-fi connection on the tablet to check if the problem is solved. If you want to fix it by yourself, then you can follow here as there is guidance to remove the back cover and tweaking the antenna of Nexus 7.
In this Solution, there are over 10 ways in which users can target the WIFI dropping issue on the Nexus 7. A detailed, in depth guide on how to solve this issue permanently.