WhatsApp is an application that allows you to communicate for free with people who are not near you. You can communicate via texts or video calls. It’s a great app for sharing information fast. And also pictures, voice messages, and files. It’s available on Windows, Android, and IOS devices. Since is currently one of the most used apps in the world, it can run into a bug from time to time. So maybe your message notifications are a bit late or they don’t even show up.
In this article, we will be showing you how to fix that problem. Keep reading this step by step guide and you will for sure solve this problem with ease.
There can be many reasons why you are not receiving your WhatsApp notifications.
Check to see if your notifications from the app are turned on
If your notifications from the app are disabled you can turn them back on easily.
- When you are in the app go to the “Settings” icon.
- Tap on the “Notifications” bar and if they are turned off, simply click on it and turn them back on. If it’s already turned on it will be displayed with a green color.
If you are maybe using your mobile data, try going to the settings of the app and make sure that the usage of your data is not blocked or restricted by the app. If it is, just change the restriction.
If all of this is turned on, proceed to the second part of the article and try some of the possible solutions.
- Check to see if your airplane mode is on. If it is, turn it off because airplane mode blocks some of the phone’s features, such as Wi-Fi and signal connection to your operator.
- Make sure that your Wi-Fi or mobile data are turned on. WhatsApp only works while you have a stable internet connection, you won’t be able to receive any messages and notifications from the app if there is no internet.
- Remember that if no one calls or texts you won’t get notifications! Try asking some of your friends to send you some message or to call you to see if your notification will pop up.
- Look for the “Do not disturb” mode on your phone. The mode is supposed to stop all notifications in the selected amount of time, or until you turn it off. If you still want to receive notifications from WhatsApp in the “Do not disturb” mode, go to the settings of your phone and change it there so it doesn’t block the app’s notifications when it’s on.
- If your Wi-Fi is currently not working, switch to your mobile data.
- Restart your phone, or turn it off for a certain amount of time, then turn it back on. Maybe your phone is overheated or just crashing if its memory is full.
- Try logging out of the app. To do so, go to the app, and click on the “More options” section or the three dots. Then proceed to the “WhatsApp Web” and look for the “Logout” section.
- Uninstall the app and install it again.
- Install the latest version of the app from the app store. Maybe some of the features from the version that you are using have changed or have just stopped working due to the new available version of the app. So make sure to see if there are any updates available.
If all of these steps didn’t help you with your problem, you might have to consider contacting WhatsApp’s staff and asking them about the problem. You will get more information and more solutions to solve your issue.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.