Telegram is an app invented by a Russian IT specialist. It was released back in 2013 and since then it got major popularity among the people all around the globe. Telegram now gets 200+ million users a month. It is an application that is similar to Viber, WhatsApp, and other messaging platforms. In order to use the app, you must have internet access all the time, because, like all of the apps mentioned before, Telegram also requires internet access. You will not be able to send or receive messages if you do not have Wi-Fi or mobile data.
Like any other apps that are really popular and that have many active users daily, Telegram also sometimes just stops to work. It is a really common problem in apps like this one, and the problem is easily solvable. We will be giving you some of the reasons why this app sometimes stops working, and some of the possible ways that you can easily fix that problem fast. So, keep reading this article to get a full step by step guide on how you can solve this problem by yourself.
See also: How to export Telegram secret chats
Why does this problem occur?
Well, there are many reasons why Telegram can stop working on your device.
- Your phone got overheated.
- Maybe your cache memory is full and you need to delete it.
- There is a chance that your RAM memory or the whole memory on your phone is full and you need to free it up.
- You are not connected to your Wi-Fi, or your mobile data is not turned on.
- The version of the app that you are using is out of date.
- The app is currently down. This happens a lot when many users are using it at the same time.
- The app has run into a bug.
Steps to fixing this issue that you are having
Try these steps down below, they should fix your problem.
- Check to see if you are connected to your Wi-Fi or if your mobile data is turned on. If you do not have internet access, the app does not work unless you have a stable internet connection.
- Try to restart your phone, and after restarting it try turning on the app again. You can even turn your phone off for a while and then turn it back on after some time.
- If your phone gets overheated, or if its RAM gets full, you will not be able to use your phone properly. In order to fix this problem, turn off all of the apps that you have on right now, that way you will be lowering the RAM and bringing it back to normal.
- And if you do not have enough space on your phone Telegram, nor other apps will not be able to work properly. You will have to delete some of the apps that you are not using or that you forgot about. Also, deleting some photos, videos, audio recordings, or music from your phone will help free up some space on your phone so that the apps could work the right way.
- If the version of the Telegram that you are using is out of date, there is a chance that the app will just stop working. To fix that problem, simply go to the App Store or to the Google Play Store and download the latest version of Telegram if there is one.
- Clear the Telegram’s app cache from your phone.
- There is, of course, a chance that the Telegram app is currently down. If it is, there is not much that you can do except to wait until the problem has been fixed on its own.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.