Telegram is an instant messaging app like any other that you might have used before. It is similar to Viber, WhatsApp, and Facebook’s Messenger. You are able to chat with people, video call them and send them voice messages too. The app was launched back in 2013 and was invented by a Russian IT specialist. From then on, the app gained much popularity, and now it gets even more than 200 million users a month. Which is a lot, really! People expect that the app is going to continue rising and that soon everyone is going to start using it.
Telegram has recently released a new feature to its app. It is a feature to export chats and secret chats, you are also able to export photos and other media this way. In this article, we will be explaining what exporting chats means, and how you can do it easily and with no stress. Keep reading this article to get a full step by step guide.
See also: How to find Telegram channels
Before we start
Have in mind that you are only able to export chats on your desktop. So, you must have a desktop Telegram app in order to continue with the steps down below. Also, you are able to export the chats data in JSON and HTML format, you are able to choose whichever you want to. So, if you do not have the Telegram app installed on your desktop, go and download the latest version right now so you can follow these steps.
Steps to exporting chats on Telegram
- First, open the Telegram app and log into your account.
- Next, look for the Settings button somewhere on your computer’s screen. It is usually a button that has the gear logo. When you spot and find it, click on it to continue.
- Some new options and settings are going to show up on your screen, you will need to look for the export Telegram data option there. You might have to scroll down a bit until you find it among other options. When you find it, tap on it.
Have in mind that this is the way to export all of your chats if you want to export some kind of individual chats you must go to that specific chat, enter its Settings and then continue following these steps.
- You are able to choose which kind of files you want to export from your chat. You can export only text messages, videos, photos, or some kind of other files. Choose whichever you want to export.
- When you select all of the things that you want to export, click on the big Export button at the end of your screen.
You have now successfully exported the chats that you wanted to export. Since exporting means that you are able to see the data offline, you can see it now. If you have previously selected that you want to export your files in HTML format, you are able to view those files with your browser.
If you are having some problems while exporting a chat
Since Telegram is an app that will only work if you have internet access, that is the first thing you will have to check. See if your computer is connected to the internet via cable or is connected to your Wi-Fi. If for some reason, you do not have internet access, try restarting your Wi-Fi router, or consider maybe even contacting your internet provider.
If the internet is not the problem, try closing the Telegram app and then opening it again, and repeating all of these steps.
And if that also did not work, you should maybe restart your computer and try again later.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.