To perform a factory reset on your Galaxy S5, first you should back up the contacts to your Samsung or Google account, or to SD-card because the factory reset deletes all the data, including contacts from your phone. Sometimes performing a factory reset becomes important in order to troubleshoot some problems. In our previous posts, you will find step by step process to backup contacts on Galaxy S5. Here I will discuss how to restore contacts to Samsung Galaxy S5 after factory reset is done.
Restoring contacts that are backed up to your Samsung or Google account, or in SD-card is as easy as backing them up. You only need to follow some steps.
See also- How to Samsung Galaxy S5 To PC
Restore Contacts To Samsung Galaxy S5
Sync contacts from Google account or Samsung account
1. First of all, log in to your Samsung account or Google account.
2. Tap the Apps icon from the Home screen of your phone.
3. Touch Settings.
4. Scroll the page to ‘USER AND BACKUP’ section and then hit Accounts.
5. Tap Samsung or Google depending on which account you used to backup contacts.
6. Touch your Email address.
7. Tick the Sync contacts check box.
8. Tap Sync now.
Restore contacts from SD card
To import contacts from your microSD card you have to follow the steps that you followed at the time of exporting contacts into the SD-card from your Galaxy S5.
1. Touch the Apps icon from the Home screen of your phone.
2. Tap Settings icon.
3. Tap Contacts which you will find under the ‘APPLICATION’ section.
4. Touch Import/ Export option.
5. Touch Import from SD-card option.
6. Your Galaxy S5 will detect .vcf files automatically and will import contacts.
These are the simple steps that you need to follow to restore contacts to Samsung Galaxy S5.