Samsung phones and tablets have a sidebar, which let you access the options available for you instantly. There are pros and cons of this android sidebar. It hides the available icons on your home screen. At times, this sidebar creates discomfort, as it utilizes the screen and the display squeezes up. There are many other apps available such as a sidebar in your android phone.
The pre-requisites are to keep the phone charged and also keep a back for your phone or tablet. Now, let’s get started with the process.
- First, put your figure at the top of your phone’s screen and scroll it all the way down. It will bring the notification area in front of you.
- Now, several icons will be displayed and you have to scroll to the left until you see the Multi Window option.
- Once you tap on the icon, it’ll give you the option to disable the sidebar app. Hit the disable option.
- The sidebar will be removed.
Now, let’s see how we can remove the sidebar android in a different way.
- On your phone’s home screen, tap on the settings option.
- You’ll be able to view the option named as device settings, tap on it.
- The tapping will give you access to several options, select ‘multi window’. Hit the option and click on ‘disable sidebar’.
- You are done with the troubleshooting. And the annoying Samsung bar is disabled.
Enabling the Sidebar or Multi Window
We always find the need of such features on your phone’s and tablets. Hence, here are the steps on how to get the app back on your phone’s home screen as per your convenience. Follow the below given instructions and you can regain the android sidebar.
- The steps are as identical as removing the Sidebar. Scroll the notification down by putting the figure at the top of the screen and pulling it all the way down.
- Now, you’ll see the notification panel, with several options.
- Click on the multiple window option and after the prompt, enable the feature.
- Now, you should be able to see the icon with a small visible bar. If you are unable to see it, then press the back key and it’ll be visible.
- Now, you have the sidebar in your home screen.
You also have the option to move your sidebar on the phone screen from left to right. Press on the tabbed icon and drag the sidebar to the opposite side of the screen. Now you have a movable sidebar.
The user also has an option to place and remove the apps in and out of the tray. Once you press and hold the tabbed icon, the Android sidebar gives you an option to edit. The apps can be added and removed as per your requirements. Click on the edit option and drag in and drag out the apps.
This option is useful for some and annoying for others. But, one always has an option to enable or disable as per their convenience. The above explained procedure is applicable for phone’s and tablets.
May read also:How To Root The Samsung Galaxy S5
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.