Intel Announced Skylake 6th Gen Processor With DDR4 Support For Mobile Version
Intel has launched their latest processor series for desktop and mobile segment. It uses the latest microarchitecture Intel 6th generation named Skylake. Skylake 6th gen processor with DDR4 is made by a 14nm manufacture like its prior, Broadwell, but with a better performance. It is 10% – 20% better than the previous generation and uses a small power. Intel divides the Skylake series as:
- Skylake-S series for a desktop segment, such as performance, value, AIO (All In One), and PC
- Skylake-U series for a thin light notebooks, portable AIO, minis, conference room
- Skylake-Y series for 2 in 1 detachables, tablet, and computer stick segments
- Skylake-H series for the ultimate mobile performance and mobile workstation segments
There are 16 SKU processor in this series with TDP 91 Watt to 35 Watt. This processor will compatible with LGA 1151 socket and chipset motherboard Z170, H170, and B150 and also DDR4 support memory. Here are the 10 SKU processor Skylake-S series Core i7 (4/8 cores/threads) and Core i5 (4/4 cores/threads) :
- Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0Ghz boost to 4.2Ghz (unlocked)
- Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5Ghz boost to 3.9 Ghz (unlocked)
- Intel Core i7-6700 3.4Ghz Boost to 4.0Ghz
- Intel Core i5-6600 3.3Ghz Boost to 3.9Ghz
- Intel Core i5-6500 3.2Ghz Boost to 3.6Ghz
- Intel Core i5-6400 2.7Ghz Boost to 3.3Ghz
- Intel Core i7-6700T 2.8Ghz Boost to 3.6Ghz
- Intel Core i5-6600T 2.7Ghz Boost to 3.5Ghz
- Intel Core i5-6500T 2.5Ghz Boost to 3.1Ghz
- Intel Core i5-6400T 2.2Ghz Boost to 2.8Ghz
The 2 top SKU: Intel Core i7-6700K and Core i5-6600K have been released at Gemscone event, last month. Both processors have the biggest TDP, which is 91 Watt and it is opened for overclocking, which is loved by PC gamers and enthusiasts.
The other SKU for Skylake-S series Core i3 (2/4 cores/threads) and Pentium (2/2 cores/threads):
- Intel Core i3 6100 3.6 GHz
- Intel Pentium G4520 3.6 GHz
- Intel Pentium G4500 3.5 GHz
- Intel Pentium G4400 3.2 GHz
- Intel Pentium G4500T 3.0 GHz
- Intel Pentium G4400T 2.9 GHz
Intel Core i3 6100 has a 65 Watt TDP as well as Core i5 or i7. Pentium G4520 to G4400 have a 47 Watt TDP, and Pentium G4500T and G4400T have the smallest TDP, 35 Watt, the same as Core i7/i5 with SKU T for a low power computing.
Skylake-U and Skylake-Y series
Through this series, Intel brings the DDR4 technology for the first time to notebooks and mobile PC segments with the full support of Windows 10, Cortana, and some Intel features, such as Intel WiDi, built-in security, Intel Real Sense. Intel WiDi (Wireless Display) technology, enables users to stream music, movies, photos, videos, and apps wirelessly from a compatible computer to a compatible HDTV or through the use of an adapter with other HDTVs. Intel Real sense is a platform for implementing gesture-based Human-Computer Interaction techniques. It consists of series of consumer grade 3D cameras together with an easy to use machine perception library that supports the cameras for third-party software developers.
All SKU will have the latest HD 500 series graphics core, which has a full support for DirectX 12 on Windows 10. Skylake-U series will come with Iris Pro graphics with additional eDRAM to boost the system bandwidth. In terms of power, Skylake-U series has 15 Watt TDP, and Skylake-Y series has 4.5 Watt. Besides, that processor offers 60% lower active power and have 60% boosted performance.
Here are 4 SKU processor of Skylake-U series Core i7 and Core i5 (2/4 cores/threads) and HD Graphics 520:
- Intel Core i7-6600U 2.6Ghz boost to 3.4Ghz
- Intel Core i7-6500U 2.5Ghz boost to 3.1Ghz
- Intel Core i5-6300U 2.4Ghz boost to 3.0Ghz
- Intel Core i5-6200U 2.3Ghz boost to 2.8Ghz
The other 4 SKU processor Skylake-U series:
- Intel Core i3-6100U 2.3Ghz (2/4 cores/threads), HD Graphics 520
- Intel Pentium 4405U 2.1Ghz (2/4 cores/threads), HD Graphics 510
- Intel Celeron 3955U 2.0Ghz (2/2 cores/threads), HD Graphics 510
- Intel Celeron 3855U 1.6Ghz (2/2 cores/threads), HD Graphics 510
Skylake series has the new name from Intel Core M. The Skylake-Y series includes the Core M7, Core M5 and Core M3 chips. All the SKUs on this series have 2 cores, 4 threads, and Intel HD 515 Graphics inside. Here are the SKUs:
- Core m7 6Y75 1.2Ghz boost to 3.1Ghz
- Core m5 6Y57 1.1Ghz boost to 2.8Ghz
- Core m5 6Y54 1.1Ghz boost to 2.7Ghz
- Core m3 6Y30 900Mhz boost to 2.2Ghz
The higher-end Core m5 6Y57 and Core m7 6Y75 CPUs offer additional support for vPro and Trusted Execution technologies.
Skylake-H series is the top processor for mainstream and corporate laptops segemts, 35 Watt and 45 Watt chips alongside the low power 25 Watt chips. The segment mainstream, can be found on the highest gaming laptop, which combine it with the GPU mainstream for the intense graphic needs. The segment mainstream laptops will feature Intel’s high-performance Core i7-6920HQ processors with 4 cores and 8 threads. Other mainstream Core i7 processors include Core i7-6822HQ and Core i7-6700HQ. The Core i5 range will include Core i5-6440HQ which includes 4 cores and 8 threads and a lower powered Core i5-6442HQ which is similar to the previous Core i5 but with lower power consumption. On the segment corporate, there’s the Intel Skylake-H Xeon mobility lineup for mobile workstations and laptops will include Xeon E3-1500M v5.