Hulu is an alternative service of cable TV, anyone can watch their favorite TV shows, programs, documentaries, news, sports, videos and movies. It is cheaper than the cable connection. So, people are subscribing to this live TV streaming service for its massive collection of entertainment content. Sometimes, while trying to stream the content, you may face loading problems with the website or app. An error message with the error code may appear on the screen. Here, we are going to talk about Hulu 500 error and how to fix it.
See also: Top Best Live TV Streaming Services
Reasons for this error
A Hulu 500 error can be experienced while using the streaming device or website. This is normally an internal error on the server-side. So, it is a problem with the server of the website. When something goes wrong with the page or the site then you will find this message. So, the technical team is needed to take care of it. But still, to be sure, you should also check from your end as well.
- Reloading: Close the page and open it again. Try to reload the webpage by taping on the reload or refresh option. Go to the URL and click on ‘Refresh’ situated at the address bar. You can also press Ctrl + R or F5. So, if the problem is solved already, refreshing the page will bring you back to the webpage.
- Removing cookies: If your device consists of too much browser cookies, then it can cause the error. Try to delete the cookies. Open the page and go to Menu. For Google Chrome, select ‘More Tools’ and then ‘Clear browsing data’. Now you will get options to clear cookies or other data. Now choose the option as per your requirements. For Firebox, go to ‘Menu > Options’. Then, select ‘Privacy & Security’. Scroll down and click on ‘Cookies and Site Data’. Then, select ‘Clear Data’. You can also select ‘Manage Data’. Then, you can select cookies to delete or you can delete all by clicking ‘Remove All’. For Safari, go to ‘Menu’. Then, select ‘Preferences > Privacy.’ There is an option ‘Block all cookies’. To view the stored cookies, go to ‘Manage Website Data’. Then, you can select manually to delete.
- Remove the cache: Clearing cache is also helpful to remove errors. You can go to your browser’s ‘Settings’. Then, find ‘Clear browsing data’. There will be options for clearing cache. Select that to remove the cache.
- Restart: First, restart your PC or mobile. Turn off your modem or router for a few minutes and then turn them on. Check your internet connection. Disconnect and reconnect your Wi-Fi on your device. There are options for running a speed test to see whether the connection is poor or not. If the connection is not ok, then it needs to be improved or fixed.
- Check the updates: Check properly if a new update is available or not. For Hulu, Go to ‘Google Play Store > Menu > My apps & games’. Then, select ‘Hulu’ and click on ‘Update’. You can update all the Android phones, TV and tablet by following this way. For Apple TV, go to ‘Apple Store’. Find the ‘Purchased’ option. Then, go to, ‘Settings > General’. Then, select ‘Update’. If any update is available, you need to download and install it.
- Uninstall and reinstall: If possible, uninstall the Hulu app completely, then install the latest version.
- Contacting others: If you are facing any trouble while loading Hulu, contact others from the same area to confirm whether they are experiencing the same problem or not. If yes, then inform the website technical team.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.