There is no doubt that the Apple Watch is the most popular smartwatch at the moment, and it seems that trend won’t change anytime soon. If you have this awesome watch, it is essential to update the software whenever the new version becomes available. There are several reasons for that. First of all, the new version will fix the bugs on the watch, but it will also introduce fun new features and it will improve its performance. The entire process is pretty simple, just follow the guide below and you will learn how to update the software on your Apple Watch.
You may also read: How To Enable “Hey Siri” On Your Apple Watch
How to update the software on your Apple Watch
There are several things you need to do before you begin with the update:
- You need to update your iPhone to the latest iOS version. Here is the guide: How To Update iOS on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi and keep it close to your Apple Watch because the phone and the watch need to be in range
- Your Apple Watch should be charged (at least 50 %).
To update your Apple Watch, do the following:
- Connect your watch to the power source, and keep it connected until the updating process is completed
- Open the Watch application on your iPhone
- Tap on “My Watch”
- Tap General
- Tap Software Update
- If you are asked for the passcode enter it
- Let the update process to complete and do not restart your Apple Watch while the update is in progress
- Once the process is finished, your Apple Watch will reboot
That is all. When the new software version is available, and you want to update your Apple Watch follow the steps shown in this guide.
Image Source: www.weijieworld.com
You may also read: How To Reboot & Power Off Your Apple Watch