Sims 4 is a great and fun game that allows you to do so many things from creating Sims and choosing their traits to building houses and decorating them the way you want. To top it all, your Sims will do all the things you do – it will eat, shower, play, fall in love, have babies, etc. By default, Sims you create and play have full autonomy. While this can be cool, if you are new to the game, this can be annoying. You may want your Sim to read or learn a new skill, instead, the Sim may choose to make some dinner and eat. Is there a way to disable this option? The answer is yes. Keep reading, as we are going to show you how to turn off Autonomy is Sims 4.
How to turn off Autonomy in Sims 4
Here is how to turn off Autonomy in the game:
- You need to access the Settings menu of the game
- You can do that as soon as the game loads or when you are playing the household
- In both scenarios, just click on three dots that are located in the top-right corner of the screen
- When you do that, a menu will show up
- Click Game options
- Next, click Gameplay
- Autonomy is located right at the top, and you will notice it is set to “Full”
- Click on Autonomy
- When you do that, another option will show up and that is “Off”
- Choose that
- Finally, click Apply Changes
That’s it. You have successfully disabled Autonomy in Sims 4. Also, you can check the option “Disable Autonomy for Selected Sim”. This is ideal if you have a household with several members and you want to disable the autonomy only for a specific Sim.
If you change your mind later and want to enable the option, go back to Game options > Gameplay, click Autonomy, and select Full.