If you love cool stuff, then you are probably a lover of the dark mode. As technology has grown in the wake of this century, the discussion around its effects on users has also had a resounding voice. Of the many adjustments that phone and social media companies on the Internet have made is adding the dark mode option (or night mode, since it is meant to be switched on at night).
This article will guide you on how to turn dark mode on Reddit. But first, let us look at why dark mode is important.
See also: How to set up Reddit account
Why should you switch?
- When lights are turned off at night and they are suddenly put on, you might have experienced a particular irritation. This is backed up by science which posits that more light at night can make your vision tight (get the rhythm?). Simply, you get eye strain which could trigger things like sleeplessness and little or no concentration in your business.
- The dark mode is a battery-saving solution. By reducing your brightness (because it does), dark mode gives you that extra battery-life minute you so much need.
- Dark mode has a great aesthetical value. If ‘aesthetical’ is too much for you to handle, try ‘appealing’. This may sound corny, but the dark mode is enticing, elegant, and makes your screen or the app look radiant.
Getting Reddit dark
It is possible to set up a Reddit account on the app (iOS and Android) and Reddit’s website. Here’s how:
On Android and iOS
- Tap on the app’s icon to launch the app. Make sure that you are logged in. The app should open to its home page.
- Tap on the icon at the top-left corner. The profile’s configuration menu should show.
- At the bottom of the menu besides the ‘Settings’ button, you should see a crescent moon icon. If it is there, tap on it. The dark mode should show in blue and black as its theme colors.
- If it is not, tap on the ‘Settings’ icon.
- Under the ‘Dark Mode’ section, toggle the button next to ‘Dark mode’. This automatically turns it on.
- If the toggle button is inactive, tap on the ‘Auto Dark Mode’ setting just above it. By default, it is set at ‘Follow OS setting’. This means that dark mode can only be switched on if your phone itself is set that way. Change that to ‘Off’. Now, the toggle button will be activated.
You realize that under the ‘Auto Dark Mode’ setting, you can set the Reddit app to be going into dark mode at sunset and going back to light mode at sunrise through the ‘Sunrise/sunset’ option. This is a good option to consider taking if you want to avoid going back and forth to on and off the setting.
On Reddit.com (PC and Mac)
- Visit the website and ensure that you are logged in.
- When your Reddit’s webpage opens, tap on the down arrow next to your username on the top-right corner.
- On the menu that pops out and under the ‘View Options’ section, toggle the Night Mode button on. Your Reddit’s webpage will be switched on automatically.
Turning the dark mode on is like taking candy from a baby – so simple.
In a nutshell, dark mode is a healthy and cool option that saves you battery and you can turn in on whether you are on a computer or a laptop.
Enjoy the special darkness.