Sometimes you plug our Galaxy S9 into a computer for charging or syncing data. Transferring files using a USB cable is relatively faster than the wireless method. But occasionally, you may face connecting issues, like the computer cannot recognize or detect the phone. If you are facing this issue right now, don’t worry. Here, we will show you how to fix Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ that is not connecting to PC.
How to fix Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ that is not connecting to PC
Check USB Cable
When a PC cannot detect your phone, you may suspect the USB cable. There are some things you can do before you blame the cable.
1. Make sure the cable is all okay physically. The faulty cable is responsible for Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ connecting issues and can damage your devices.
2. Try to connect the other Android phone (if you have any) to your PC using the same cable. If the issues remain the same, you can throw the cable away and get the new one. Of course, it should be original.
Check the Ports
What if the cable works perfectly on the other phone? It means you can keep the USB wire and check another suspect—the ports.
1. Try to connect your phone to another port of the PC if it has any. See if the problem is solved. Also, try it on another phone if you have one.
2. Clean the ports of your Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ and the PC. Make sure there is no dust or debris on it. Do it gently.
Set the USB mode to File Transfer
Some people connect their Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ to the computer for charging, and others want to transfer files. In some instances, the PC can detect the phone as you see the charging bar but fails to transfer data. To solve this problem, try to set the USB mode on your phone to File Transfer.
Follow these steps. I assume the phone is connecting to your PC.
1. Swipe down the screen of your phone to open the notification settings
2. Tap the Android System option.
3. Under Use USB to, choose the Transfer files option.
As the USB mode is set to File Transfer, you should be able to sync data between your Samsung Galaxy phone and computer.
Activate USB debugging
How to fix Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ that is not connecting to PC if the cable and ports are all good? What to do next? Activating USB debugging may solve your issues.
1. Open the Settings menu on your phone and go to Developer options.
2. Enable USB Debugging by tapping it.
3. Tap USB Configuration and set to MTP.
4. Restart your phone and try to connect your Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ to PC again.
A factory reset can be your last hope to fix Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ that is not connecting to the PC. However, it will delete all data and information on your phone. If this method doesn’t work, visit Samsung Service Center. It is likely related to a hardware issue.
To perform the factory reset on your Galaxy S9/S9+, follow the steps.
1. Go to Settings and choose Factory data reset.
2. Tap the Factory data reset option
3. Tap Reset and select Delete All
Try Other Methods
If you urgently need to transfer data from your Galaxy S9/S9+, try to do it wirelessly. For example, you can use Bluetooth or cloud services like Google Drive or Dropbox. But, Bluetooth is the most convenient way to send files between two devices.
1. Enable Bluetooth on your PC and Galaxy phone. On Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+, go to Settings > Bluetooth > Turn on Bluetooth. On PC, go to Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
2. Pair your Galaxy phone and PC.
3. Choose the file you want to transfer from PC or iPhone or vice versa and send it.