To connect iPhone with computer is a common thing which is still done until now for most of iPhone users. These are included backup data, send media file, syncronization and so on. We rely on our computer as a bridge between our iPhone and computer to be able to communicate each other. But if this communication process is interrupted because there’s issue from our devices, whether that happened with our iPhone or our computer, what will be happened next is: iPhone is not detected or sync issues. From my own experienced and the troubleshooting that i’ve tried, i want to share i want to share and discuss with you How to fix iPhone 5s is not detected or Sync Issues iTunes 12.
The things that can be occurred between iPhone 5s, iTunes and our computer are:
- iPhone 5s cannot be detected by iTunes
- iPhone can be detected by iTunes but cannot be detected in Windows Explorer
- iPhone can be detected in iTunes but cannot syncing
- iPhone cannot be detected in iTunes but can be detected in Windows Explorer
How to fix iPhone 5s is not detected or Sync Issues iTunes 12
Because of the issue and symptom above can appear from iPhone or the computer itself, i suugest to:
- Do a backup on your iPhone 5s through iCloud (link) before you do the steps below.
- Do also a backup on Mac/PC just in case the troubleshooting requires you to do something which can disturbing your system stability.
This is a common thing you can do to check out whether the issue has been solved or not yet. You can repeat any step from the list below. This is the list that you can try to make sure the issue can be solved or not.
- Restart the computer
- Update iTunes to the latest version.
- Update your operating system to the latest version.
- Update iOS of your iPhone 5s to the latest version. see this How to Update iOS on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- iPhone 5s are using lightning cable, try to use the both side of lightning cable considering that lightning cable is a reversible cable.
- Try to use the other lightning cable which you know it works well.
- Try to use the other USB port
There are 2 easy steps you can do if you have tried the things above with different sequence.
Try to disable restriction if you have activated it.
Go to Settings >> General >> Restriction, enter your passcode restriction then tap Disable restriction
On Windows OS Troubleshooting:
Most of iTunes and iPhone issues occur in Windows OS, try things below:
Use the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order:
- Apple Software Update
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later). On some systems, iTunes might install two versions of Apple Application Support. This is expected. If both are present, be sure to uninstall both versions.
- Make sure that iTunes and its related components are completely uninstalled
In most cases, removing iTunes and its related components from the Control Panel will remove all supporting files belonging to those programs. In some rare cases, files might be left behind. After following the steps above, confirm that the following files and folders have been removed. If any are left, remove them.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\CoreFP
- delete folder C:\Username\UserAppData\Local\Apple and Apple Computer
- install latest iTunes then restart
Please leave a comment if you have any question about this.
Read also: How To Fix iPhone 5s Touch ID Not Working
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.