Fast Charging is one of the crowning features of the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge. It means that even when the battery in your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge is extremely low, you plug it in and viola. In a very little time, it charges a substantial amount.
However, there are certain things to be kept in mind while charging your S6 or S6 Edge which are also in favour of your Samsung Galaxy s6 Edge battery life. If not followed, the problem of fast charging not working on s6 or fast charging not working on s6 edge plus may develop in your phone.
It is usually advisable that your phone should be charged using the stock charger (charger that is provided by the company) and the stock USB cable. In case the stock charger is lost or is not available, use a battery charger that supports ‘Adaptive Fast Charging’. The Fast Charge feature will not work if you are using another standard charger. Please read on in case you are facing the issues of fast charging not working on s6 edge plus and to know how to generally prolong the Samsung Galaxy s6 Edge battery life.
Below are some steps to fix the fast charging not working on s6 and s6 edge plus and to ensure that the feature works on your phone:
To enjoy the most out of the Fast Charge feature here is what you can do:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ > Battery Settings and turn on the Fast Charging.
- Make sure that you turn off the phone’s screen. It is essential to note that the ‘fast charging’ feature cannot be used when the screen is turned on. Turning the screen off also increases the charging speed substantially. So make sure your screen is turned off.
- It is even better and more efficient if you turn the device off altogether while charging. However, you do not have to worry about the charging indication. An icon appears on the off screen to indicate that the charging is taking place.
- If you have not switched off the phone completely, switch to the Airplane Mode. It will prevent the establishment of all the wireless connections and charging will quicken.
- If you are awaiting calls or messages and prefer to not switch to the Airplane mode, turn off features like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Phone Data and GPS on your phone to make the best out of the charging.
- The Samsung Galaxy s6 and s6 Edge give you the option to switch on the Smart Manager feature to optimize the battery use. Go to Apps > Smart Manager > Battery to optimize its use.
Pressing the ‘Power Key’ switches the phone to the sleep mode which is a good battery saving technique when the phone is not in use.
- Always let your battery drain out before you venture to charge it again. Do not charge the phone if the battery status displays 40% or above just because you have conveniently found a charger in the café in which you are sitting. Wait for the battery to drain out to ensure the longevity of your battery life.
- If the battery is old, it will usually take more time to charge your device as compared to a newer battery. Comparing the charging capability of a year old phone/battery, to when you bought the phone is a futile exercise.
Samsung galaxy s6 edge battery life is usually good and is an improvement upon that of its predecessor, the S5. If used with care, it lasts a good 2-3 years before any need to replace it arises. However, the battery is non-removable and hence a customer would need to visit a Samsung service center to change the battery if needed.
If the problem persists beyond this such that the fast charging is not working on s6 edge plus, visit your nearest Samsung Service Centre at the earliest. You can locate your nearest Samsung Service Centre here. Avail of the warranty if it is still applicable.