If we want to explain how you can copy your Drive files and documents to your Android phone, we first must define what Google Drive is, how it works, and then give you a detailed step-by-step guide.
See also: How to share large files on Google Drive
What is Google Drive?
Google Drive is a safe place to store and save the data that you perhaps do not want to lose or do not have space on your computer or other devices. This app offers you 15GB of free space for your files and documents. Google Drive app is available for IOS, Android, and Windows devices. Everyone who has a Gmail account can use Google Drive for free! It is an app that can be handy and helpful when you are, for example, a person who works a lot and wants to have all of his work files in one place and always to know where they are without the possibility of losing them. Many people all around the globe use Google Drive every day.
How can you copy files to your Android phone or tablet?
If you are using your Android phone or tablet, it is straightforward and easy to copy some of the Drive files to your other apps. If you maybe do not have the app installed on your phone, but you are using it on your PC, head over to the Google Play Store, search for Google Drive, download and install it.
- You have to open the Google Drive app on your phone, for starters. If you are maybe not logged in, log in to your account and proceed to the next step.
- When you open it and log in, scroll through your documents until you find the one that you want to copy to your Android.
- If you have found the file that you want to copy, click on it and hold a little to select it. You will see the rounded blue tick (checkmark) logo on the document to let you know that the document is set and ready to be copied. If you want to copy more files at once, click on other files as well. When they all have that blue logo on them, you will know that they are selected.
- As you keep selecting your items, a little bar will show up on the bottom of your screen, telling you how many things you have chosen. Right next to that number, you should be able to see the three dots button. If you see it, tap on it lightly.
- The new pop-up window is going to open with many different options. You should download the file from that menu, move it somewhere, or send a copy to someone. That is the option that we were looking for. Click on it.
- Another new pop-up window should show up on your screen. You should be able to see many different apps, too which you can copy the documents you have selected. But, you will need to click on the Google Drive option for now. It is the second Save to Drive option.
- You should type in your email to which you want to copy your selected files. In the Folder section, you can change the destination of the files you have chosen. Tap on it if you’re going to change it.
- When you are done with all of these steps, finally click on the Save button at the bottom of the pop-up screen on your phone. This will save the whole process and make it complete.