People have their own reasons why they want to change their iTunes location. Many possibilities come to mind but I will leave the thinking to those who are reading. In this article, we will discuss how you can change your iTunes location from your iPad. The steps and directions are fail-safe and nothing will happen to your Apple device afterward. They also are implemented with various pictures to make the entire thing easier for you.
Must Know Before You Change Your iTunes Store Location
Before you go any further changing your iTunes Store location, there is some information you need to know. After you change the country and region of your iTunes Store, you will not be able to see:
- The items you have bought from the previous country store, cannot be seen on “Purchased” section.
- If you have uploaded and added the iCloud Music Library from the previous country store, you won’t be able to see it as well.
Steps To Change Your iTunes Store Location
1.First of all, you can start by going to your ‘Settings’ on your iPad and click on the ‘iTunes & App Stores’ section.
2. Then a page as the one shown below will open up to you.
3. As you can see there is an entry labeled “Apple ID”. Tap on it and you will be presented with a small dialog box as follows.
4. From the 4 options that will be presented to you click on the very first that reads “View Apple ID”. Then you will have to type in your password. Make sure to make no mistakes and you will be directed to an “Account Settings” tab.
5. As you can see there is a bar called ‘Country/Region’. As easy as that you can tap on it and change it to whatever country you want or need. Then, tap Next on the lower-right of the screen.
7. Next, the “Account” window will appear. Here, you have to change your information related to the payment method that you are going to use to purchase something on iTunes Store. Make sure your billing match the country you use for iTunes Store, the hit Next.
8. Done. You have successfully changed your iTunes Store Location on your iPad.
There is another way of doing the very same ‘Location Changing’ deal by going to your App Store and go to the Featured area. You will see a Quick Links sector, tap on it. There you will see the same ‘Apple ID’ section. Follow the same steps as aforementioned and that is it!
What To Do If You Can’t Change Your iTunes Store Location
1. Cancel Apple Music membership and iTunes Match subscription before you change iTunes Store location.
2. Make sure you have completed a Season Pass or Multi-Pass
3. Make sure your payment method and billing info match the iTunes Store country.
4. If you are a member of Family Sharing, leave the family group. Only a family organizer can change the Store location.
5. You have to wait for 30 days to be able to change the iTunes Store country and region if you rented a movie. It’s counted from the date you rented that movie.
Make sure to share your opinions and voices if anything wrong happens, in the comment section below!
This method is effective on the entire iPad series – iPad, iPad Mini, iPad Air and iPad Pro.
You may also read: How To Fix iTunes Could Not Connect To The iPhone Because Device Timed Out