Google Drive is a place where you can store your files, documents, and data. It is available on your computer and your phone as an app. You can easily add files to your Google Drive, and we are here to show you how. Follow these easy steps down below, and you are going to do it in just a few minutes!
See also: How to edit photos using Google Drive
If you are using your computer:
- First, log in to your Gmail account in your browser if you have not done that already.
- Now, open Google Drive in your browser by using this link https://drive.google.com/ or simply type Google Drive into your Google search bar.
- When you open Google Drive, you are going to need to find the New button. It is a big blue button, and it should be located somewhere in the top left half of your computer screen. When you find it, click on it.
- You will see a little drop-down menu from which you can choose what kind of a file you want to add to your Google Drive. You can make a new folder, add a file, upload a folder, or make some other file right there like Google Slides or Google Sheet file. To add files from your computer, click on the second option, the Upload a file option, or the Upload a folder option if you want to upload some folder.
- A new window is going to open up on your computer screen. You will be able to choose which document you want to upload to your Google Drive. Search through your computer documents until you find the file (or folder) you wish to add. Click on it to select it, and then click on the Open button at the bottom right corner of that new window.
- You will have to wait a while until your document uploads to your Google Drive profile. If you close the tab while uploading, your document won’t upload, and you will have to repeat all of these steps. So keep the Google Drive tab open until the uploading process is finished.
- When the uploading is done, you will organize your files by making a new Google Drive folder and then placing them there.
Note: Once you upload any file to your Google Drive, you will be able to access it from any device.
If you are using your mobile phone:
- First, if you do not have the Google Drive app on your phone, go to the Google Play Store and download and install it. If you have the app, open it.
- Once you have opened the app, you will be able to see the + button at the right bottom of your phone’s screen. It is a blue rounded button. When you do find it, click on it.
- A new pop-up tab is going to open. You can choose whether you want to add a specific file or a folder, maybe record a video or a picture by using the camera option, or maybe make some other document right there.
- Select one of the upload options. And when you do, you will be taken to your mobile files section. Browse through your phone’s memory until you find the file that you want to upload. That can be a document, a photo, a video, or something else.
- Please select the file when you find it and click on the Upload button.
- Wait until the upload process is done, and then close the app.