IMO is a messaging app like Viber and WhatsApp. You are able to chat with your friends for free whenever you have internet access (Wi-Fi or mobile data). IMO also offers to their users the ability to make calls, video calls and to even send voice messages to their friends and contacts. It is an app that is rising fast, soon everyone will be using IMO like they are using Viber for example. This app is available on Android devices and on iPhones of course. It has a very friendly interface and it is an app that is really easy to use. It is not much different from WhatsApp, some even say that it is another version of WhatsApp, maybe even a better one.
So, if you are new to IMO and want to find out how to use it and how to add contacts and chat with them, you are in the right place, because we will be showing you simple steps in this guide. Keep reading to learn how to add contacts on IMO.
See also: How to share IMO voice message
Steps to doing it
- You will of course first have to open the IMO app on your device. Then log into your account so you could continue with these steps.
- When the new screen loads and you are able to see all of the people that you have chatted with until now, look for the + button on your screen, It is usually located in the top right corner of your phone’s screen. You will be able to add new contacts this way from your phone contact list. But, if you want to add some other person that is not in your contact list, you will have to click on the three lines button in the top left corner of your home screen. This is going to show a few new options to you. You should click on the last option in that menu, the Find friends option.
- When a new window shows up on your screen you will be able to add people by their phone number. So type in the phone number of the person that you want to add to your contacts and click on Next.
- You will see that person’s profile now, you are able to change their name or write out their nickname that is easily recognizable to you. When you are done with that simply click on the Save button and you will be all done!
If you have some kind of problems while trying to add a contact
Here are some things you can try to do if the app won’t let you add new contacts to your account.
- Make sure that you are connected to your Wi-Fi or that your mobile data is turned on. IMO is an app that only works If you have a stable internet connection, therefore you will not be able to add new contacts if you do not have internet access.
- Log out of your IMO account, wait for a while and log back in and try to add some new contact to see if the issue is gone.
- Restart your phone. You can even turn it off for a while and turn it back on after some time.
- Consider uninstalling the app, turning your phone off, turning it back on, and installing the app again.
- If these previous steps did not help you, and you are still not able to add new contacts, you might want to try contacting the IMO’s staff team for more information and some other possible solutions to your problem, they will for sure help you and give your further directions!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.