Samsung’s latest flagship is undoubtedly one of the most powerful phones of this year. A 6 GB RAM processor rests within the device which drives the device to run in an unexpectedly fast way. Whenever you buy a new phone the device has to go through a lot of installs and setups which may interfere with its speed. The sluggishness wouldn’t last long and your phone would be dashing once again. The performance of the phone may also go down if you have downloaded too many apps. However, there are some easy tips on how to fix Galaxy Note 8 performance issues.
Enabling the Developers Options gives you several options which you can take advantage of. Before proceeding with the fixes to enhance performance here is what you need to do to enable Developer Options:
Settings > About Phone > Software Info > Build Number and tap seven times on it > You will get Developer Options under Settings which you can enable.
Methods To Fix Galaxy Note 8 Performance Issues
Delete Cache Partition
This makes your device like new. You will instantly feel the change and a boost in your device. Clearing cache will remove clutter and free your phone of storage. In short, it calibrates the device and takes care of app crashes, lags and unusual behavior of applications and therefore, improving the performance.
- Switch off your Galaxy Note 8
- Hold the Volume Up, Bixby and Power Key together
- When the Samsung logo appears to enter recovery mode then release all the buttons
- In this mode use the Volume Up and Down keys to navigate through the menu
- Amongst the many options you get, you will find Wipe Cache Partition and once you have navigated to it use the Power button to select it
- It will take a few minutes and after that, you will have to select Reboot System Now and then restart the device
Capping the animations of your device will also fix Galaxy Note 8 performance issues. You don’t need to remove them entirely just reduce their usage.
- Go to Developer Options
- Here look for Drawing section from here you can get to Animations
- You need to locate Windows Animation Scale, Transition Animation Scale, and Animator Duration Scale and make their value 0.5. This reduces the number of Animations by half.
- You can then restart the phone and check how it works.
Background Process Limit
This is another way that can help you fix Galaxy Note 8 performance issues. When limited, the number of processes which run in the background brings about an obvious change in the performance of your device. It keeps a huge amount of RAM unused making your phone smoother. Here is what you should do:
- Go to Developer Options
- Under this option look for Limit Background Processes
- From the many options that you get, you can select one. Say if you select “2 processes at most” then the current app that you are using along with two most recent apps will run. The lesser the apps that run in the background the smoother your phone is.
Unused Apps Should be Disabled
Free your RAM and space on your phone and see how it boosts performance. If there are any unused apps on your phone just disable them.
- Go to Settings on your smartphone
- Select Apps on this screen
- You can check the list of Apps and then tap on Disable on the ones that are of no use to you.
Don’t Keep Activities Feature
The last in the list on how to fix Galaxy Note 8 performance issues is a feature which is rarely used yet is quite beneficial.
Go to Developer options. Under this option look for Don’t Keep Activities box and check the box to enable the feature.
Enabling this feature will stop your apps from grasping memory thus saving RAM and improving performance. However, if users feel they are facing problems while switching apps, going into different pages then they can disable this feature by following the same process.
Follow the easy tips above and improve the performance of your Note 8.