Even though the OnePlus 6 has a new and sporting design with dual rear cameras and the classic glass design, you can become slightly disappointed due to the flaws present in this phone. If you have already bought this mobile phone, all you need to know are the common issues that arise in it and the possible fixes to eliminate the problems. With the fixes available, you can resolve all the issues on the phone. Carrying out the fixes is easy, and you are ready to handle your phone without facing any issue.
Problem 1: Battery life is poor and the phone overheats frequently
Although the problem of exhausting battery and the overheating is common in various smartphones, the battery of this mobile phone also drains the charge too quickly. However, it is normal for the phone to become frequently heated when it is new as you download several apps and you probably use it more than you can realize.
If you are one of those customers using this phone and facing issues with the battery, the following steps can help you get the remedy.
Method 1: Uninstall a few apps and upgrade to the latest apps
- Check the settings of the phone to find out the issues that may be causing the problem. If one or a few of the apps is the reason to drain the battery of your phone, you might uninstall them.
- Reduce the brightness of the screen and the time it takes to go to the sleep mode.
- Try to put off the mobile data when there is a weak signal.
- With a steady software that you get from OnePlus, be sure that you have the latest software on your phone.
Method 2: Reboot the phone and wipe the cache partition
The battery problem on the phone is similar to a never-ending cycle. You will hear the same story about the battery life in the models of the other companies as well. However, if the battery life problem is real, and the charge in your phone drains out in no time, you can try to reboot the phones to see the difference. If nothing else works, you can factory reset the phone. However, remember to get a back up of all the data and the files as everything from the call logs to the messages will disappear from the phone during this process.
- A simple reboot is all that your phone may require if you have not done it recently. Just hold down the power button and tap reboot.
- It is a good idea to wipe the cache partition to ensure that it is not causing the battery to drain quickly. You have to hold down the power key and put the power off. Once the phone is in the OFF mode, you have to tap the volume down and the power key at the same time. It should boot into the mode of recovery whether you can select using the power keys and navigate with the volume keys. Just select the language of your choice and choose the wipe cache option.
Problem 2: Delay in the arrival of notifications
Whether it is the older version of the phone or the newest variant, a lot of phone owners have complained about the delay in the arrival of notifications. However, you can fix this problem when you consider the following steps.
Method 1: Problem with the battery optimization and the alert slider
- If you suspect that battery optimization is the reason behind the delay in the arrival of notification, you have to tap the app off that may cause the problem.
- You must also toggle off the Advanced Optimization option when you tap the three vertical dots that are present on the top right of the mobile.
Method 2: Put the gaming mode off
- To ensure that the gaming mode is off in the mobile phone, you have to check the settings, visit the gaming mode and toggle the block notification.
- Check the notification settings to locate the problems apps in the mobile.
Problem 3: Auto Brightness Flickering is dull
A lot of complaints have come recently about the auto brightness mode of the phone not working properly. While some people have noticed a flickering under direct sunlight, the rest have noticed that the phone is generally darker than it should be.
Method 1: Checking the adaptive brightness in the phone
- You can visit the settings and toggle the Adaptive Brightness feature off or set it manually when you pull down the notification shade and use the brightness slider.
- You can try to use another app to check whether it works similarly over the software.
- When you use the brightness slider under the feature of Adaptive Brightness, you can set the minimum level of brightness against the auto brightness level and test it again. Even though it may not solve the issues of flickering you experience, it can make the phone brighter if it appears darker than usual.
Problem 4: Unexpected shut down of the phone
Although this is one of the major problems that you may find in the Android Smartphones, this phone may also exhibit the problems in one or more instances.
Method 1: Checking the heating issues of the phone
If the phone heats up frequently, you can expect it to shut down without notification. While checking the problems of unexpected shutdown, you must also try to focus on the reasons behind the heating issues you may face.
- You have to take care of the underlying issues that heat up the phone often. Try to check the apps you have installed or the usage pattern of the phone to track the heating problems as it can shot down the phone suddenly.
- Allow the battery to drain completely before you put it in charge again. Do not charge the phone too often.
Method 2: Factory reset the phone
- This is the last resort to prevent the shut down of the phone. Make sure that you have a back up of the data present in the phone as all of them will disappear during this process.
- You must avoid the restoring the backup automatically after this process, but try to do it manually.
Problem 5: Lazy user interface in the phone
The user interface is the key to the popularity of any smartphone and the same applies to this model as well. However, the recent reports related to the sluggishness of the user interface in this model have started coming in. Tweaking some of the options on the phone here and there can resolve the problems.
Method 1: Removal of the third-party launcher
Downloading a third-party launcher can result in this problem. However, you have to remove the downloader immediately to resolve the problem in this phone on an urgent basis.
- You must remove the third-party launcher as soon as possible as it is not optimized in the particular spec sheet.
- The next step is to hard reboot the phone. You can turn off the phone and restart it for using it again.
- If the user interface continues to stay sluggish after this, the only option you have is to factory reset the phone. Make sure that you have the necessary back up of the files present in the phone before factory resetting the phone.
Problem 6: Frequent disruptions in the Wi-Fi Connectivity
A common issue that you may face with this model is the disruption of the Wi-Fi connection. Over the time, the connection becomes slow, or it may disconnect randomly.
Method 1: Rebooting the phone and refreshing the connection
If you have not rebooted the phone recently, try and do it to avoid the hindrances you face in the Wi-Fi connectivity.
- You can start by rebooting the phone along with the Wi-Fi router if you are facing a problem with the connectivity issues.
- You can go to the settings mode and check whether the Wi-Fi mode is on even in the sleep mode.
- Try to go to the settings and then to the backup and reset to reset the settings of the network. After this, you can try to set the Wi-Fi connection afresh to check whether the connectivity issue returns.
Method 2: Going for the wipe data and cache option
- You have to hold down the power key to tap the power off option. Once you have set it off, you can hold the volume and the power keys at the same time. While it boots to the option of recovery, you can navigate with the help of the volume keys and select the right option with the power key. Thereafter, you have to move on to the Wipe data and cache option and reboot.
- Be sure that you check the updates regularly and check the ISP of the router manufacturer to ensure that the firmware is up-to-date.
Problem 7: Fixing the Bluetooth problem
Problems in the Wi-Fi connectivity is not the only issue you face with this mobile phone as trouble can also erupt in the Bluetooth connectivity. When you try to connect several devices with the mobile phones, problems in the Bluetooth are likely to surface. The biggest problem people face with the connectivity of the Bluetooth is in the cars where the device simply would not connect. Even if the connectivity remains intact, the phone icon does not appear.
Method 1: Turning off the HD calling option
- You can turn off the HD calling settings in the phone to fix the problems as many of the customers have stated.
- You can also reboot the phone or restart the car and the stereo system to check the connectivity.
- You can also give up all the pairings to start over again to see the results.
Problem 8: Draining charge in the phone
This is yet another problem that you may face with all the Android smartphones and OnePlus 6 follows suit. With a few steps, you can easily rectify the problems of the charge going off every now and then.
Method 1: Follow the charging regulations and avoid playing games
- You must not allow the phone to charge for too long.
- When the charge drains quickly, you can blame it on your habit of playing games, and you never know when you have overused the phone when the charge goes off.
- Make sure that the phone is not in use during charging. Using the phone when you put it on charge can heat up the device, and the charge tends to drain easily.
Problem 9: Screen stuck or becomes frozen
The screen of the phone becomes frozen or stuck suddenly when you make calls or play games. Checking the apps can resolve the crisis.
Method 1: Checking the apps creating the issue
- Check the apps from where the problem emanates. If it is one app causing the problem, you may not have to blame the phone.
- You can update that app or optimize it to reduce the chances of a frozen screen.
- When you are stuck with the default apps such as messaging, camera or the phone, you have to visit the settings and move on to the default apps. Choose the apps that are causing the issue and clear the cache to get the best output on the phone.
Method 2: Changing the phone format
- If the steps above cannot solve the problem of frozen screen, you can try to factory reset the phone after getting the backup.
- Formatting the phone can help you get rid of the other problems as well.
Problem 10: Slow opening of apps
If the apps open slowly, you have to analyze the nature of the apps and track the problem.
Method 1: Check the nature of the apps
Certain apps are inherently slow such as games so you can guess the culprit.
- Large games and apps such as YouTube may open slowly and you need not worry about it.
- When all the apps open slowly on the phone, you can try to restart the device and check again.
Some of the problems of OnePlus 6 may appear frequently. However, you can practice the quick fixes on your own such as restarting, rebooting, and factory resetting the phone. Following the software updates that appear on the phone from time to time can also avoid the problem. However, if the quick fixes do not work, you can take the mobile to an authorized service center for the best results.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.