Powered by 1.8GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor and a 4GB RAM, Nokia 7 is a pretty cool phone. The phone runs on Android 7 and comes with a 5.2-inch touchscreen. It is a dual SIM phone that you can get on a budget. Although Nokia has put its best efforts in designing this model, users are confronting some problems while using it. Here is a list of common Nokia 7 issues and their fixes.
See also: Common Nokia 6 Issues and Their Fixes
List of Common Nokia 7 Issues and Their Fixes
Windows 10 Not Recognized
For some users, their Nokia 7 fails to read Windows 10 as a storage device. This makes transferring media content or files quite difficult. Here is a solution which has worked for users facing this problem.
Enable the USB Debugging mode to solve the problem. Here are the steps for it:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on About Phone
- Scroll down to Build Number and tap on it for five times or the number of time the operating system asks you to
- You will get a pop-up saying “You are now a developer”
- On the Settings screen, you will now be able to see a new option which says Developer Options.
- Tap on Developer Options and then locate USB Debugging and tap on it to enable it
- Restart your phone and then plug in the Nokia 7 and change the configuration of USB to MTP
Notifications are Auto-Deleted
Next in the list of common Nokia 7 issues is notifications being deleted spontaneously. Here is an easy solution.
Method 1- Changing the setting of battery helps in fixing this issue. Here is what you need to do.
- Open Settings
- Go to Battery and Disable Hibernation/Aggressive Dose
Method 2- If you want specific apps to send notifications then follow the below instructions:
- Go to Settings
- Now tap on Battery
- On this screen tap on Battery Optimization which is the three vertical dots icon
- You can select the apps from which you want to receive the notifications.
SD Card Not Detected
If the SD card is not detected by your Nokia 7 try the following:
- Restart your device to see if the SD card is detected.
- If the SD card is still not detected then you should try checking it on a different smartphone. If the card is detected by the other device then you should format the SD card. Use a card reader and backup your data on a computer/laptop. Now format it and copy back the data. Finally, re-insert it back on your Nokia 7.
Note: If the card is not read by another device as well, then the SD card is corrupted and you need to get a new one.
Another on the list of common Nokia 7 issues that users have come across is that the speakers of the earpiece sound robotic when they take a call.
- You are probably not using a good quality earpiece. Try to stick to the same brand or if you are interested in buying something else then pick a good company which offers quality products.
Overheating and Battery Drain Problem
These days, smartphones are equipped with the latest technology. They are more than just devices to make and receive calls. We can play games, browse, take professional quality pictures, watch videos in HD and do so much more. All these activities need energy and may cause overheating and battery drain on your Nokia 7. Nevertheless, if proper care is taken and some tips are followed, you can easily evade this problem.
- Never expose your device to direct heat or sunlight for too long. It causes your phone to heat up.
- Avoid using your Nokia 7 when it’s charging. Your processor needs twice the strength to keep up with the activities you perform while it is charging. This causes both – overheating and battery drain problems.
- Apps offer several types of features and functions and they consume a lot of energy. While some of them may be important, there may be quite a few which are not frequently used but drain the most energy. Check which app is consuming excessive battery and uninstall it. These apps are the ones which cause overheating too.
Go to Settings > Battery and check the usage to see which app is consuming a lot of power.
Uninstall the faulty app and try and use a different app. It is also recommended that you perform a Factory Reset after you uninstall the apps. Here is how you can perform a Factory Reset:
- Turn off your phone and plug the Nokia 7 into a charger
- Press and hold the Power button and Volume Up key
- When you see Recovery mode on your phone, let go of the buttons
- Use the Volume buttons to navigate and highlight Factory Reset/ Wipe Data. Use the Power button to confirm
- You will again get a prompt saying Yes—Delete All User Data. Use the Volume Down button to highlight it and then the Power button to confirm your action
- Your device will delete all customized settings and personal data
- You need to restart the Nokia 7, select Reboot System Now.
- High-resolution video streaming also causes the battery to drain and overheating. Pick a lower resolution to stream online videos.
Mobile Data Connectivity Problems
mobile data connectivity problems are also among the common Nokia 7 issues. Users complain that the apps run fine when the Wi-Fi is one, but the same apps don’t function when connected to the mobile data. Here is what you need to do to solve this problem:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Networks
- Next tap on Mobile Networks
- On this screen look for Access Point Names and tap on APN of your network and change the protocol to either IPV4/IPV6 or IPV4.
Performance problems are not something which only Nokia 7 users are facing. Every smartphone will show signs of poor performance after some period of time. Some of the issues are lag, stutter, frozen screen, and random reboots. Lack of storage, excessive apps installed or running in the background etc. could be some of the reasons for performance issues. Here is what you can do:
Rogue apps are usually to be blamed for performance issues. You can boot your Nokia 7 in Safe Mode and check if the problem is still there. Try and remember the time when you started facing performance issues and the apps installed during that time. Uninstall them. Here is how you can boot the phone into Safe Mode:
- Press the Power button to display the options on your screen
- Tap the Power Off option continuously till you receive a prompt asking if you want to go into Safe Mode
- Confirm the action and then wait for your Nokia 7 to reboot
- Your phone will not have any third-party apps working in the Safe Mode. Now if you find your phone working fine then it is definitely a rogue app that is the cause of the problem.
Greenify is an app which you can download from Google Play Store. This app is meant to control the battery hungry and rogue apps. It helps in bettering their performance.
Bluetooth and Wifi Connectivity Issues
Issues with Bluetooth and WiFi are quite common and can be easily fixed.
- Toggle the Bluetooth off and then restart the device. Wait for a few seconds and then toggle the Bluetooth on.
- Toggle Airplane mode
- Restart your phone
- Clear the cache of Bluetooth from Settings
- Forget the Bluetooth device and connect again
Those facing connectivity issues with WiFi can follow the below tips:
- Toggle Wi-Fi and Airplane mode
- Restart your phone
- Forget the Wi-Fi network and set it up again
- Restart the router
- Check the MAC address of your phone and then see if it is recognized by the router
- Power Saving Mode should be disabled on your phone else WiFi will not work properly.
Not Able to Eject SIM Tray
Nokia 7 users also complained that they were unable to eject the SIM tray of their device. Here is why this may happen.
- It is possible that you may not be using a proper tool to eject the tray. Nokia usually provides a SIM Tray tool with the box but if you don’t have the tool you can try using a paperclip instead.
- Ensure that you are using the tool in the right slot. If the tray is still stuck then you probably need a Nokia certified technician to do it.
Some users have also reported the phone’s touchscreen not working properly. Here is what you can do:
- A simple restart can sometimes solve minor problems.
- Check for oil or dust on your screen. Take a soft cotton cloth and wipe it clean before trying again.
- If your hands are wet or oily/greasy then the touchscreen will not work properly.
- Although these solutions will solve your problem if the problem still persists then you can try a Factory Reset as a final solution. The steps for a Factory reset have been mentioned above.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.