One of the Nokia handsets launched this year is Nokia 6. It is a budgeted phone yet it has been loaded with some of the latest technologies. The 5.5-inch touchscreen comes with a 1080 x 1920 pixels and is powered by 1.4 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor (430) and a 3GB RAM. The phone runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. Although the phone is good, there are some problems which some users have been encountering. Here is a list of common Nokia 6 issues and their fixes.
List of Nokia 6 Issues and Their Fixes
Nokia 6 Heating Issue
If there are certain things kept in mind while using the phone, you can keep the overheating issues away.
- Using a smartphone under the sun causes a rapid drain of the battery. It also leads to battery damage.
- If you have overclocked your device you are pushing the hardware which tends to make the phone warm.
- Avoid using your phone when the battery is charging. You are working up the hardware more, which causes it to heat. Playing games, video calling etc. are energy consuming tasks. Such tasks drain battery super-fast and heat up your phone.
- Some third-party apps could be very damaging. They may consume more battery and heat up your phone. If you go to Settings > Battery > Battery Setting Usage, you will be able to see which app is consuming the most battery. You can first update, and if needed, uninstall that specific app to see if the problem of heating has stopped.
If you find your Nokia 6 display not working then there are some easy solutions to this.
- Restarting your phone can help in solving the problem of the unresponsive touchscreen.
- Sometimes wet fingers could cause a problem and your display may get unresponsive. Even your screen could have a layer of dust or maybe oil. Use a soft cloth and wipe your screen clean and then try using it.
- If nothing seems to work then you should try a hard reset. But first, backup your files. To perform a hard reset:
- Hold the Power button and turn off the device
- Let your phone charge
- Now press and hold the Power button and Volume Up button
- When you see the Recovery Mode on your screen let go of both the buttons
- Using the Volume button navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and highlight it
- Now use the Power button to highlight the selection
- Use the Volume button and once again highlight Yes –Delete All User Data and then use the Power key to select it
- The device will take some time to delete all the user data and settings of the phone
- Once this is over you can select the Reboot System Now in order to restart the phone.
After you perform a hard reset you will have to set up your phone from scratch.
SD Card is Not Detected
Another one of the Nokia 6 faults which users have come across is that their SD card is not detected. Here is what you can do to overcome this issue.
- Turn off your Nokia 6, eject your SD card from the clot and then re-insert it back in its place.
- Try using your SD card on a different device or use a card reader and check it on your laptop or computer to see if it is working there.
- While you check your SD card on your computer or laptop you can also have it formatted. Remember to back up the data on your laptop first and then format it. After you format, you can copy back the data on it once again. Now try and re-insert the SD card on your mobile, it will work.
If you find there is a brightness problem on your Nokia 6 then the problem lies in the software. Although Nokia has already addressed this problem with an update some users are taking help of an app – Lux Auto Brightness. It can be downloaded from the Google Play Store. The app is really cool and helps in fixing the brightness problem.
Wi-Fi Not Connecting
For some users, Nokia 6 won’t connect to Wifi. There are some easy solutions to this problem:
- A simple restart can solve it.
- You can also try and disconnect your WiFi and then reconnect it again.
- Another solution could be to reset to default and then connect back to it once again from the beginning. Here is how you can set up the network from fresh manually:
- Go to Settings and select More
- Tap on Mobile Networks
- Tap on Access Point Names
- Tap on the three dots icon on the top right side which is the Menu
- Tap on Reset to Default – any WiFi-related problems will solve here once you return to a default setting
- Next select New APN
- Type the information of your internet and then select the Menu button
- Here tap Save.
- Another way you can solve the WiFi issue is to Disable the Power Saving Mode in Settings
- Also, check the MAC address for the phone and whether the router recognizes it.
Performance Issues of Nokia 6
Several users face problems such as random reboots, lag or stutter with their smartphone. If you find your Nokia 6 not working properly or there are performance issues then here is what you can do to make your smartphone run smoothly:
- If your Nokia 6 is running out of storage or the memory is getting full, you will experience lags and performance issues. You can either increase the storage with the SD card or and clear your phone of data.
- With time there is cache accumulated in the phone which causes minor problems such as performance issues on the phone. You need to clear the cache of the apps.
- You should try and boot your phone into Safe Mode to understand if there is a third party app which is causing the problem. Here is the process:
- Press the Power button and keep holding
- Tap and hold the Power Off button
- When the Reboot to Safe Mode flashes on your screen then tap on OK
- Your phone will start in Safe Mode. Here you can check your phone if it is working fine. If it is, then a third party app is responsible for the problem. You can uninstall the apps one at a time or perform a factory data reset.
Mobile Data Connectivity Issue
Another problem that the users are facing is that when they use their WiFi on their phone their apps run fine but if they switch to mobile data then they experience issues.
The problem here is because of the APN. Here is what you can do to solve this issue:
- Go to Settings and tap More Networks
- Here tap on Mobile Network and then click on Access Point Names
- Now tap on APN
- Change the APN Protocol to IPv4 or IPv6
Earpiece Sound is Poor
Another problem in the list of Nokia 6 faults is a robotic noise when taking a call.
Users who are not using the genuine Nokia earpiece have been facing this problem. Ensure you are using an authentic earpiece. Low-quality earpiece will not be clear and the sound will sound metallic or robotic.
SIM Tray Cannot Eject
Users who have reported problems while ejecting their SIM tray have solved this problem by following the below solutions:
- Make sure you are using a proper tool to access the SIM tray. If you don’t have one, then make use of a paperclip to eject the tray.
- Also, check if you are using the paperclip on the right slot to eject it.
If you are still having problems with ejecting the SIM card, take it to a repair shop and let the staff handle this.
This guide will help you solve most of the problems that you encounter with your Nokia 6.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.