Recently launched by Apple, the iPhone 8 is already being used by millions of people. While the iPhone 8 is undoubtedly a powerful phone, users from across the globe have encountered some issues while handling it. Here is a list of common iPhone 8 problems and their fixes that we have come up with so you don’t get stuck while encountering one.
See Also: Top 5 reasons to buy an iPhone 8
9 Common iPhone 8 Problems and Their Fixes
The issues explained here are for both, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. So, if you face similar issues on your iPhone 8 Plus, apply the solutions to get rid of the issues.
Problem 1: Cracking Earpiece
Users have complained of a sound or disturbance at intervals that make it difficult to listen to the calls both on FaceTime and normal calls. Here is what you could do to solve it:
- There is a fix that is available in the 11.1 developer beta. Those who have a developer account can sign in and then try using your phone.
- You can wait for a software update as Apple has promised a fix to be made available soon.
Problem 2: Frozen or Unresponsive Screen
If your iPhone 8 has a frozen or unresponsive screen on the Home Screen or Lock Screen then you can follow the below fixes.
- A force restart will normally fix the problem. First press and release the Volume Up button and then press and release the Volume Down button. You need to be fast with both gestures. After this, press the Sleep/Wake button till you see the Apple logo and then let go.
- You can simply try holding down the Sleep/Wake button and then slide to Power Off. Use the Power button to turn it on again. In most cases, the hardware buttons are working and if it does then this fix will work for you.
Problem 3: App Store Refreshes Every Few Seconds
Another one of the common iPhone 8 problems is the App Store refreshing in small intervals. There are two easy fixes to this, here is what you need to do:
- Go to Settings > Tap on your name > tap iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign Out. Once you sign out, Sign In by entering your login details and then try and use the App Store.
- For most, a simple restart has solved the problem and they haven’t faced the problem again.
Problem 4: iPhone 8 Shuts Down Randomly
If your smartphone reboots randomly then you can try holding the Volume Down button and Power button together. This will reboot your phone. Users have effectively used this to solve their problem but if you find your iPhone 8 restarting repeatedly then it is best to contact the Apple Customer Service.
Problem 5: Cellular Data Problems of iPhone 8
If you find no service on your phone and are unable to connect to the network of cellular provider then here are some fixes for you. This one of the common iPhone 8 problems and can be solved with a few moves easily:
Before you proceed to make any changes, check with your service provider whether there is an outage. If yes, then you can wait till the outage is over and then try connecting again.
- A simple restart can sometimes help solve this problem.
- You can shut down LTE for 2-3 minutes and then turn it on back again. Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE > Off. You can turn it on by following the same path.
- Try switching your phone to Airplane Mode for about 20-30 seconds. Airplane Mode will turn off all connections and then when you turn it on the internet problem could be solved.
Problem 6: Wi-Fi Issues in iPhone 8
Wi-Fi connectivity issues are common on all the phones and dealing with it is something quite tricky as the problem could be different for every individual. Based on the types of issues that users have reported here are some solutions:
- Restarting your smartphone extricates Wi-Fi problems most times.
- Sometimes, your internet may be slower than the regular days and your uploads or downloads may take ages to happen. Resetting the network settings may help. Before you begin the process make sure you remember your Wi-Fi password as your device will forget the password if the settings are reset. So to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- You can also go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Tap “i” and select your connection > Forget this Network. This step will forget your Wi-Fi network on your iPhone 8. You should have your Wi-Fi password because this step forgets the Wi-Fi password.
- There may be times when there could be a problem with the Internet Service Provider or router. You could restart the router which you can do by unplugging it and then plugging it back again after 30 seconds. Check the router’s firmware and make sure that the software is updated.
Problem 7: Overheating Problems on iPhone 8
Next in the list of common iPhone 8 problems is overheating. Usually, playing a game or running something exhaustive may cause your device to heat up but this will go away after time when left idle. But if the phone feels overheated most of the time or doesn’t cool down soon here are some fixes:
- Shut down your phone and wait for some time, touch its surface to check if it has cooled down and then turn it on again.
- There may be a faulty app that is draining your phone’s energy abnormally. Usually, there are some apps that drain power excessively, causing your iPhone 8 to overheat. Uninstalling such apps will also remove your overheating issues.
- There are some common mistakes that we make while using our phone and avoiding them will also help in solving the overheating problems. We should not use our phone while it is charging. If you are using a wireless charger then remove the case or ensure that the case has been made for wireless charging. Never keep your iPhone under direct sunlight.
Problem 8: Battery Life Problems of iPhone 8
iPhone 8 has a built-in lithium-ion battery which works with wireless charging also. We tend to use our smartphones excessively these days and we are pretty much reliant on them for all our daily chores. This is why Apple has put a strong battery in iPhone 8. Apple says that once fully recharged your phone should offer a talk time of up to 14 hours. Considering internet browsing, listening to songs or playing videos, your phone’s battery should last you about 10 hours on an average. However, there are some users that have complained of abnormal battery drain. Here are the solutions.
- Perform a battery check. Go to Settings > Battery > Scroll down to locate two numbers one is for Usage and the other Standby. Check both the numbers and ensure that the Usage number is quite low compared to the Standby number. Note down the numbers and lock your phone. Open it after 5 minutes again and check the numbers. If Standby time is 5 minutes higher then your phone is fine. But if your Usage has gone up more than a minute then there is something wrong. Go to Settings > Battery and check the list of apps and their impact on battery. Uninstall the one that is drawing excessive battery and use an alternative app. However, there may be some apps that do eat into your battery but you cannot survive without them. There are alternatives for this. Go to General > Background App Refresh. This will stop them from using the battery when they are not in use.
- If you don’t find your apps behaving abnormally you can check the App Store. There are chances you have an update pending on one of your apps. Perform the update and then check your phone for battery drain.
- Sometimes location services also drain your iPhone’s juice. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and turn it off. Use it only when you need it. If you are using an app that uses Location Services then you ought to review that too.
- A poor service area will also cause your battery to drain because your iPhone is struggling to get a signal. Go to your Control Centre and switch to Airplane Mode until you move out of such an area.
- You may absolutely adore the True Tone Display but it really eats the battery life. Auto Brightness is the best way to deal with this problem. However, there are times the sensors don’t work exactly the way they should and in such cases, you can adjust it manually. Swipe your screen upwards from the bottom to pull up the Control Center and adjust the screen brightness.
- iPhone 8 comes with a feature which is “Raise to Wake” so whenever you pick your phone it wakes up. Turn this feature off by going to Settings > Display & Brightness >Raise to Wake and toggle it off.
- There is a Low Power Mode which is quite useful. This feature will minimize all the animations and optimize your iPhone’s performance. iCloud Sync etc. services are disabled when this mode is on but you will receive your texts and calls. So, if you are low on your battery and still need to keep it alive for some time then use this feature to save your battery.
- New updates are important. Check for one in Settings > General > in case there is one you will see Software Update. Tap on it and click on Download & Install. Wait for the process to complete. Software updates – whether small or big, come with different fixes and make a huge difference in the smartphone’s performance.
Since we are speaking about battery problems there are some users whose iPhone 8 devices battery is swelling up. There is no fix to this and you need to connect with Apple and you will probably get a replacement.
Problem 9: Bluetooth Problems in iPhone 8
This is yet another one of the most common iPhone 8 problems that several users have been complaining about. We are dependent on Bluetooth while listening to music in our car or through wireless headphones. If you are also facing problems while establishing a steady connection here is what you need to do:
- To begin with, you can go to Settings > Bluetooth > tap of “i” in the circle and select the Bluetooth connection that you are facing problems with > click on Forget this Device. Once this is done reconnect the device again to check if the connection has been made.
- Although the above solution has worked for most if you still haven’t managed to resolve it then try going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Now reconnect the device again.
- Setting your iPhone 8 to its factory defaults may also resolve your problem for good. Head over to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. The device will clear all the settings that you had customized including the Wi-Fi password (make sure you remember it).
- You can refer to your car’s manual if you are facing problems while getting connected. The local car dealer will also be able to help if there is a problem in the car’s system.
With these common iPhone 8 problems and their fixes, you are sure to have your phone running flawlessly.
See Also: How to fix iPhone 8 performance issues
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.