A tablet is, without dispute, the most portable computing device today. Tablets are usually touchscreen devices and operate on iOS, Windows, and Android operating systems. They also have apps specifically designed for them. Some devices come with a stylus that makes the monitors free of smudges due to fingerprints. There are also those tablets that come with portable keyboards for those who are not comfortable with touchscreens. Many tablets perform most of the functions of smartphones and can be used to make calls, send messages, take photos, and record videos. A tablet is also often referred to as a slate because of its physical form. Although there are no tablets specifically designated for seniors, some tablets have interesting features that make them better suited for this age group than their counterparts. The following article gives you a partial and yet comprehensive list of some of the best tablets for seniors.
See also: The best laptops for graphic design
Best Tablets For Seniors
Best Tablet with Huge Storage Space
Fire 7 Entertainment Focused Tablet
The Fire 7 tablet comprises an IPS 7” screen with 1024 x 700 pixels resolution and 171 ppi pixel density, which results in crisp and clear displays. The tablet is integrated with 1 GB RAM and a quad-core 1.3 GHz CPU. It features two options of internal storage – 8 GB and 16 GB. Both versions support the expansion of the existing storage by an additional 256 GB using a memory card in the micro-SD slot and unlimited cloud storage and exclusively for Amazon content. The tablet comes with a 2 MP camera on the rear that you can use to capture your favorite shots and record 720p HD videos. It also includes a front-facing VGA camera for video chats. The slate also encompasses an inbuilt microphone and a mono speaker.
The lightweight and thin tablet give you access to a gamut of books, TV shows, games, movies, and more at no extra cost or for a nominal fee. It is compatible with Alexa and supports dual-band Wi-Fi. The device has a battery life of 8 hours with mixed usage of reading, browsing, listening to music, and watching videos. The tablet comes in four color options of black, punch red, marine blue, and canary yellow.
Who should buy this?
- The Alexa compatibility makes the Fire tablet apt for people who would like to take control of their device using voice-based commands
- The slate is ideal for those who wish to have no shortage of any form of entertainment
- The device is a good choice for seniors who do not wish to compromise on a good viewing experience from any angle
Best Tablet with Pre-Installed Office Apps
Simbans Tango Tab High-Resolution Tablet
The Simbans tablet has a 10.1” IPS crystal clear display with 1280 x 800p resolution and a 16:9 aspect ratio. The sensitive touchscreen allows you to access all your apps with just a single touch of your finger. The tablet encompasses 2 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage. The slate also incorporates a very powerful quad-core processor that has a clocking frequency of 1.3 GHz and an advanced graphics coprocessor. It comes with the Android 7.0 Nougat operating system preinstalled. The existing internal storage can be augmented by a further 128 GB by using an appropriate memory card in the provided slot.
The black slate comprises a 5 MP rear shooter and a 2 MP front shooter, both of which have excellent clarity to help you get the best out of your shots and/or videos and video calls. It also includes a mini HDMI port, a micro USB port, and an audio port to offer connection possibilities to various devices. The tablet is preloaded with WPS Office, MS Excel, and MS Word apart from the standard Google Apps (like Gmail and YouTube) and Google Play. The slate supports GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth wireless technologies. It comes with a high-quality keyboard that can be fixed to the tablet using a magnet, a pre-applied screen protector, a micro USB cable, and a universal power adapter in a beautiful gift box along with a one-year warranty. The tablet works with a lithium-ion battery that has a life of 8 hours.
Who should buy this?
- The inclusion of a keyboard along with the tablet ensures that the Simbans tablet is the best bet for seniors who are not comfortable using a touchscreen
- The pre-applied screen protector makes the tablet worth considering by those who are apprehensive of accidental damages to their display
- The tablet is ideal for those who wish to download a lot of free apps because of the inclusion of Google Play
Best Tablet with Windows 10 Home Operating System
Fusion5 Ultra Slim and Stylish Tablet
The Fusion5 tablet is available in two variants with respect to the screen, RAM, and storage. One version comprises a 10.1” display with a resolution of 1280 x 800p. This option comes with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage. The other version encompasses an 11.6” IPS Full HD screen with 1920 x 1080p resolution. It incorporates 2 GB RAM and 32 GB storage. Both versions feature an Intel quad-core processor, an Intel HD Graphic Gen 7 graphics coprocessor, a micro-SD slot to expand the provided memory by 128 GB, and are preloaded with Windows 10 Home operating system.
The two versions of the black tablet come with a 2 MP front camera and a 5 MP rear camera with both cameras rendering good quality performance. They support Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, and G-Sensor wireless technologies and include a full-size USB 3.0 port. The ultra-slim design gives the tablets a stylish look. They work with a lithium polymer battery and come with an AC adapter, a user manual, and a USB cable.
Who should buy this?
- The Fusion5 tablet is highly recommended for people who want their device to render fast performance because of the powerful processor and graphics coprocessor
- The big screen makes the slate ideal for seniors who would like to enjoy watching their favorite movies with the maximum clarity possible
- The smooth screen surface and ultra-slim design ensure that a device is a good option for those who wish their tablet to appear stylish
Best Tablet with Multiple Connectivity Options
Dragon Touch Big Screen Tablet
The Dragon Touch V10 tablet features a 10.1” IPS HD big display with 171 ppi and 1280 x 800p resolution. The slate comes with 1 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage that can be increased by an additional 32 GB with a memory card so that you can save the space available on the unit. The device is also integrated with a 64-bit quad-core processor with 1.3 GHz clocking frequency and a graphics coprocessor. It is preloaded with the Android 7.0 Nougat operating system.
The slate has two reasonable quality 2 MP cameras, one on the front and the other on the rear. The tablet comprises a built-in GPS sensor and an FM radio. The device offers Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technologies, along with a micro HDMI port and a USB 2.0 port. The two ports allow you to connect the unit to different types of accessories such as a keyboard or a pair of speakers. It works with a 5,600 mAh rechargeable lithium-polymer battery that offers 4.5 to 6 hours of interruption-free video time and takes about six to eight hours to charge fully. The black tablet comes with a user manual, an AC adapter, and a USB cable.
Who should buy this?
- The Dragon Touch tablet is a good option for seniors who are just beginning to learn how to use a slate because of its minimal RAM and inbuilt storage
- The 64-bit processor ensures that the device is ideal for those who want no compromise to a seamless performance when they are watching their performance or playing an interesting game
- The unit is worth considering by radio lovers because of the inbuilt FM support
- The IPS display makes the tablet meet the requirements of those who want the best viewing experience from any angle
Best Tablet with Two SIM Card Slots
Zonko 10.1 inch Android Tablet
The Batai tablet comes with a 10.1 inch 800×1280 IPS display. It features 2GB RAM and 32GB internal storage. The unit comprises a microSD slot to boost the existing memory available, expandable to 128 GB. It is a 3G phablet with the option of two SIM cards.
This tablet provides a great user experience, and it is pretty fast when it comes to performance. It features Android 9.0. It is fantastic for running a variety of entertainment apps, including Skype, YouTube, and many more. This tablet is excellent for watching movies, TV shows, and HD videos thanks to 178 degrees of viewing experience at all angles. It is also great for reading ebooks and playing all kinds of games. It is equipped with a 6000mAh built-in rechargeable battery that delivers 6-8 hours of use.
Who should buy this?
- The inclusion of SIM card slots makes the tablet ideal for those who want to use it for making calls apart from surfing and other activities
- The device is definitely a good choice for those who do not want any compromise to the speed performance of the tablet
- The tablet is worth considering by those who wish to read ebooks and play games
Best Tablet with Kickstand
RCA Intel Processors Powered Tablet
The RCA tablet features an IPS 10.1” display with wide viewing angles and 1280 x 800p resolution. The slate is integrated with 2 GB RAM, 32 GB internal storage, a quad-core Intel Atom processor that has a maximum clocking frequency of 1.9 GHz and an Intel HD integrated graphics coprocessor. It also comprises a MicroSD slot for expanding the existing memory by an extra 128 GB. The unit is preloaded with the Windows 10 Home operating system and comes with the four Microsoft Office Mobile apps OneNote, Word Mobile, Excel Mobile, and PowerPoint Mobile already installed.
The slate has a built-in microphone and two 2 MP cameras of the same clarity, one on the front and the other on the rear. It supports Bluetooth 4.0 and Wi-Fi 802.11 n wireless technologies. The device encompasses a headphone and audio port, a micro HDMI video port, a USB 2.0 port, and a micro USB 2.0 port. It works with a lithium-ion battery that has a life of six hours on a single charge. The tablet comes with a fixed and foldable kickstand, as well as a detachable pink non-backlit keyboard with black buttons and no separate numerical keypad.
Who should buy this?
- The RCA tablet is a good option for seniors who would like to keep their device inclined at an angle for more comfortable viewing instead of holding it in the hand or placing it on a flat surface
- The slate is undoubtedly worth giving a thought by people who enjoy working on Windows operating system
Best Tablet with Multi-Window Feature
Samsung Galaxy Quick Connect Tablet
The Samsung tablet is available with two options for screen size – 8” and 9.7”. All other features and specifications of the tablet are the same. The tablet comes with a 2048 x 1536p resolution Super AMOLED QXGA display with an aspect ratio of 4:3. It comes with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB flash memory. The device also features a micro-SD slot to insert a memory card and increase the available memory by an additional 128 GB. The slate encompasses an octa-core processor in the form of two quad-core processors. One of the processor’s clocks at 1.8 GHz while the other clocks at 1.4 GHz. It is loaded with the Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system.
The tablet has a rear-facing 8 MP camera with auto-focus functionality and a 2.1 MP front-facing camera. The unit renders Quick Connect and Multi Window features. It also supports Glonass and GPS location technologies, as well as Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g and Bluetooth 4.1 wireless technologies. The Bluetooth profiles supported comprise A2DP, PAN, AVRCP, OPP, DI, HSP, HID, and HOGP. The slate operates using a lithium polymer battery with an average life of six hours. The device is available in three color options of white, gold, and black. It comes with a quick start guide, a micro USB cable, and a travel adapter.
Who should buy this?
- The 4:3 aspect ratio makes the Samsung Galaxy tablet is the right bet for seniors who want the same ease and comfort when using the tablet both in portrait and landscape modes for reading and browsing
- The Multi-Window support ensures that the slate is apt for those who want to use it for performing four different tasks at a time
- The device is a good choice for those who wish to connect their tablet to a Samsung TV to share their favorite content with others
Best Tablet with SmartColor Technology
Elecost 10-Point Multi-Touch Tablet
The Elecost tablet has a 10” 1280 x 800p resolution IPS display powered by SmartColor technology to ensure that you do not miss out on any detail. The tablet supports 10-point multi-touch technology for accurate response. The device comes with 2 GB onboard RAM and 16 GB internal storage. However, the support for the inclusion of a memory card allows you to increase the memory to a maximum of 144 GB by using an appropriate memory card of your choice. It has a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor that works in conjunction with a graphics coprocessor and is loaded with the Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system.
The unit has a rear 5 MP camera and a front camera with a decent resolution for you to enjoy not only capturing your favorite photos and videos but also your video chats. The Cast Screen facility allows you to enjoy the tablet output on a bigger television screen without an HDMI cable. It supports Bluetooth 4.0 and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n wireless technology. The black slate works with a lithium-ion battery that has an average life of seven hours. The tablet comes with a power adapter, an OTG host cable, earphones, a USB cable, and a user manual.
Who should buy this?
- The implementation of SmartColor technology ensures that an Elecost tablet is a great option for seniors to enjoy all details displayed on the screen with the utmost clarity
- The slate is a good idea for elderly people to listen to the audio from their device without any problem because of the inclusion of the earphones
- The unit is apt for those who want to enjoy the benefit of using a large number of apps because of the Google Play Store
- The tablet is definitely worth checking out by those who do not want any compromise regarding the brightness and sharpness of the images on the screen
Best Tablet with Leather Case
Utopia Home GPS Supporting Tablet
The Utopia Home tablet has a 10.1” 1280 x 800p resolution multi-touch IPS display. The tablet comes with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB onboard storage. It is also integrated with a quad-core processor, a micro-SD slot to insert a memory card to add on up to 32 GB of memory and a SIM card slot to put a 2G or 3G compatible WCDMA SIM card and use the slate to make calls. The device comes with Android 7.0 Nougat preloaded in it.
The black tablet has an elegant design that gives it a classy look. The slate encompasses a 5 MP rear-facing camera and a 2 MP front-facing camera. The unit additionally incorporates a built-in microphone and a speaker. It supports multiple technologies like GPS location technology and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technologies. The device works with a 5,000 mAh lithium-ion battery that has an average life of five hours. The battery must be charged for at least three hours before the slate is used for the first time. The tablet comes with a protective case.
Who should buy this?
- The Utopia Home tablet is the best bet for seniors who want their device to guide them on how to go to their preferred location without disturbing others because of the GPS feature
- A device is a good option for those who want to capture breathtaking and true to life photos and videos, as well as clear selfies because of their good clarity dual cameras
- The speaker and microphone combination makes the slate apt for seniors who would like to engage in smooth and seamless conversations
- The protection case makes the tablet ideal for seniors who are skeptical of keeping their device safe after use or when not in use
Tablets come with display screens of various sizes. Seniors can choose a slate depending on what size they think they will find it easy to hold and operate. If they want to view each and every detail with utmost clarity, brightness, sharpness, and vividness; then tablets with IPS screens are most likely to meet this requirement. On the other hand, if the need to own a tablet is for making phone calls, seniors are advised to look at SIM card slates that offer excellent sound clarity and built-in microphones. Last but not least, the operating system that they are comfortable using also determines the slate that they should buy.