Many people are looking for the best lightweight laptops to buy. Laptops, mobile phones, and tablets have been getting thinner and lighter by the day, and by the looks of it, no one is complaining a lot about it. We love the fact that lightweight laptops have chosen not to compromise when it comes to technology. In fact, most of the ultrabooks that we have come across use high-end technology and the best in the laptop industry which makes them as competitive as they are chic. Lightweight laptops do have a reputation for being pricey, so you should avoid relating light with cheap.
The era of ultrabooks or lightweight laptops began when the MacBook Air was pulled out by Steve Jobs from a Manila envelope and since then there was no looking back! Today, ultrabooks come with great processing power and excellent storage, apart from having a huge battery life as well. They can be said to be a cross between less efficient tablets and heavier laptops. They are lightweight but offer some top specifications for various purposes and functions.
The ultrabooks listed here are the new generation, light, design-focused notebooks. They are thin at 20mm or even less. Most of the ultrabooks are designed based on the MacBook Air, as far as the form, the weight and the design are concerned. They are a new breed of laptops, with a thin profile and lower costs as compared to conventional heavy laptops. But they may also not have the traditional peripherals like a DVD burner, multiple USBs, a hard-wired Ethernet port, or additional ports that are available in conventional Windows notebooks. So let’s check out the new generation of ultra-slim, lightweight laptops and see which one fits your needs.
See also: Top Best Laptops For Writers
Apple Inc has led the technology revolution by introducing products beyond imagination. The MacBook Air was one such revelation in the lightweight laptop category and now almost every brand has the lightweight laptop model in its range. The advantage with the lightweight laptops is that they are usually very thin and therefore easy to carry. They are called Ultrabook in trade parlance. Owning a lightweight laptop is the desire of every laptop user. The reason many are not able to lay their hands on them is that the lightweight laptops are priced higher than the regular ones. You could still find one to your liking at a lower price point.
Look for the key specifications and features.
- Display Size: You will find that the lightweight laptop models may be sporting displays below 14-inches. Check the size range and choose the one that suits you best.
- Display Specs: Interestingly, though the display sizes may be smaller, they have much better specs like higher screen resolution and thin bezels. You would definitely find the images and videos a lot clearer and brighter on the lightweight laptops.
- Touchscreen: Many Ultrabook models come with the touchscreen feature. This makes the use of the computer a lot more comfortable and convenient.
- Processor & RAM: When you browse through the models selected in the lightweight laptop category, you may find many of them with the Intel Core i7 processor and supported by 8GB of RAM. This is a decent specification and you can expect smooth performance from your laptop.
- Connectivity: You will notice that all the ports that you find in your regular laptop range may not be available on the sleek ultra-thin lightweight laptops. The reason is obvious; the thin sides don’t permit any space for such provisions. You may have to understand what all devices can be connected physically and the rest through the Bluetooth option.
The longer battery life and better storage levels on these laptops are an added advantage.
Top Best Lightweight Laptops
Sublime Combo of Function with Form
Huawei MateBook X Pro
This ultrabook is powered by an Intel Core i5-8250, quad-core with 8 MB cache, clocking at a speed of 1.6 GHz, with a maximum speed of 4.0 GHz in turbo mode. This is combined with the Intel UHD Graphics 62, with an Intel integrated 1 GB card. The RAM of this notebook is 8 GB LPDDR3. The hard drive memory size is 256 GB SSD.
It comes with a display screen of 13.9 inches 3K, LED, with a resolution of 3000 x 2000 pixels and a PPI of 260 along with a touch panel. The dimensions are 11.97 x 8.54 x 0.57 inches (WHD) and the weight is 2.93 pounds. As for connectivity, there is one Mate Dock 3.0; one USB A port; one USB C port; an HDMI and VGA port. It operates on the Windows 10 Home, Signature edition, without much bloat-ware. There is just one app included in the OS, the Huawei PC Manager. It enables instant and wireless connection between the notebook and Huawei phones. For audio content, there’s an immersive 2nd generation Dolby ATMOS.
The design is slick and sensible and offers a premium feel with aluminum unibody combined with sandblast finish. It looks luxurious. It also has a gorgeous display and an effective performance. The battery life is terrific and long-lasting. The processor is 40% faster than the earlier model, due to the U series processor, rather than M, seen in most ultrabooks.
This one is available in mystic silver color, with the other color being Space gray. The keyboard is a full-sized one and is spill-proof. The trackpad is quite large.
The power button comes with a fingerprint scanner built-in it for Windows Hello. You can sign into the laptop with just a touch. You could call this ultrabook the world’s first Full View notebook, as it comes with a screen body ratio of 91% with tiny bezels of 4.4 mm surrounding the screen. The touchscreen offers a snappy response and is sharp and vibrant.
Who is it for?
- Those who are willing to pay a handsome amount for an ultrabook with a gorgeous display and great performance.
- Suitable for those who want a slim laptop for on the go computing
- If you want a lightweight notebook you can clasp in one hand while rushing about or something that fits in your backpack, this is the most mobile option.
- Not suitable for editing/rendering 4K media, but satisfactory for all other productivity tasks.
Convertible Laptop and Tablet Functionality
Lenovo Yoga 920
This is the sequel to the Lenovo Yoga 910 and is a flip, convertible notebook. It is powered by an 8th generation Intel Core i7-8550U chipset, clocking at a speed of 1.8 GHz, with a RAM of 16 GB and a hard drive memory of 512 GB SSD. This is combined with the Intel UHD Graphics 620 card. The ultrabook comes with a 13.9 inches touchscreen and has a screen resolution of 3840 x 2160 with LED backlight and uses IPS technology.
The design is flip and fold with 360 degrees. As for connectivity, there are 2 Thunderbolt USB Type 3 ports; one USB 3.0 port; one Wireless AC; one HD webcam built-in having 4 microphones and a built-in fingerprint reader. The dimensions are 12.7 x 8.8 x 0.5 inches and the weight is 3.09 pounds.
It operates on the Windows 10 Home OS and comes included with an Active Pen 2 stylus. The average battery life is around 10 hours. It comes with a pen; a 3D plastic pen clipping into the USB A port. Inputs are accurate and the build is above average. The hinge design is cool, the battery is excellent and the performance is good.
Who is it for?
- Those looking for a premium laptop with full HD display, perfect for multitasking as well as battery conservation.
- Those who want a robust (there’s no flex and it’s by no means flimsy) laptop using a hinge design, with the screen flipping behind fully.
- Not suitable if you want the lightest ultrabook. It is lightweight but there are other lighter ones in the competition.
- Users who want an active pen for doodling or for another day to day jottings.
Large Vibrant Display Never Looked Better
Razer Blade Stealth 13.3 Inches
It rocks an 8th generation Intel quad Core i7-8550U chipset clocking at a speed of 1.8 GHz, with a turbo boost speed of up to 4.0 GHz. It is combined with integrated Intel UHD graphics card. The RAM is 16 GB and it has a hard drive memory of 256 GB SSD. It is a 13.3 inches laptop with dimensions of 12.6 x 8.1 x 0.54 inches.
The touchscreen resolution is 3200 x 1800 pixels with a QHD+ screen. The dimensions of the Razer Blade Stealth are 8.12 x 12.65 x 0.54 inches (L*W*H) and the weight is 2.98 pounds. It operates on the Windows 10 Home OS. Performance is greatly enhanced with the Quad-core Kaby Lake Refresh chipset and the battery lasts an average of 5 hours.
The speakers are powerful and the keyboard is more tactile compared to the MacBook Pro. It comes with a Windows Precision Touchpad, having improved tracking as well as recognition for multi-touch gestures. The small bezels and the big display make it look very attractive. Apart from the average battery life on this ultrabook, it is far better than the competition at this price.
Who is it for?
- Those looking for high performance in their ultrabooks.
- Also offers a good gaming experience with high frames per second, though you have to play games at lower settings.
- Those looking for a powerful as well as affordable ultrabook.
Engineered to Amaze with Four Modes
HP Spectre x360
It is a convertible 2 in 1 ultraportable notebook that is powered by the latest 8th generation quad-core Intel Core i7-8550U, clocking at a speed of 1.8 GHz, which can be boosted to 4 GHz in turbo mode. It has a cache of 8 MB with 4 cores. This is combined with an Intel UHD Graphics 620, 16 GB. The system runs on the Windows 10 Home 64. The RAM is 16 GB DDR3 and it has a hard drive capacity of 512 GB PCle NVMe M.2 SSD.
It comes with a 13.3 inches diagonal screen which is in FHD using IPS technology with WLED backlit touchscreen and a Corning Gorilla Glass, sporting a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The dimensions are 12 x 8.6 x 0.5 inches (LWH) and the weight is 2.87 pounds.
As for connectivity, the HP Spectre x360 has 2 thunderbolt 3 ports; 1 USB 3.1 Generation 1; 1 headphone and microphone combination. The battery life averages around 16 hours.
It has a flexible hinge that can be used in different modes, like the regular laptop mode; tablet mode; 2 differing stand modes. The chassis is one of the best available in the market, with a modern style that uses aluminum completely in a unibody construction that is both sturdy and dependable, with a matte finish that resists fingerprints. The keyboard has slim switches and offers an excellent typing experience.
Who is it for?
- Those who want to use an ultraportable laptop in different modes.
- Those who are looking for a well built, powerful, well designed, super slim and light notebook.
- For those who type a lot.
- Those who want a 360 degrees convertible hinge laptop.
Slick and Powerful
Asus ZenBook 3 14 inches
The design is created in aluminum that is aerospace grade. It is slim at just 1/2 an inch and weighs only 2.4 pounds. The Asus ZenBook 3 is powered by the latest 8th gen Kabylake Intel Core, i7-8550U chipset, clocked at a speed of 1.8 GHz with the 8M cache. The speed can be boosted to a maximum of 4.0 GHz in the turbo mode. The RAM is 16GB and the hard drive storage is 512GB NVMe SSD. It operates on the Windows 10 Pro.
As for connectivity, it is enabled with Thunderbolt 3 USB 3.1 Type C. It also has two dongles with USB 3.1 to USB 3.0 + USB 3.1 to HDMI. Asus, however, offers many accessories for charging multiple devices, but you have to buy these and carry them around with you. The battery is powered at 46Whr and offers average life of 9 hours. There is also a quick charging feature that allows you to charge the device in 49 minutes up to 60% capacity.
The display is 14 inches FHD cased in Corning Gorilla Glass 5. It has a slim bezel of just 7.46 mm. It has a completely metal housing. You can also sign into it using the Windows Hello, with the fingerprint sensor placed on the top corner of the touchpad.
The Asus ZenBook 3 comes with 4 Harmon Kardon speakers, good for listening to music or watching YouTube videos.
Who is it for?
- Those looking for a light and portable ultrabook with a crystal clear display.
- Not suitable if you are looking to connect several devices simultaneously.
- Suitable for those who want smooth multitasking without any slowdown.
- Also for those who want an ultrabook that can handle intense tasks, though it will not offer all-day battery.
Gorgeous Screen with Powerful Performance
Asus ZenBook UX430UA 14 inches
This 14 inches ultrabook from ASUS is powered by the 8th gen Intel Core i7-8550U, clocking at a speed of 1.8 GHz, which can be boosted up to 4 GHz in turbo mode. It has 8MB cache with 4 cores. This is combined with an Intel HD Graphics integrated card.
The display screen is Full HD with NanoEdge bezel, with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The RAM is 16 GB DDR3 and the hard drive capacity is 512 GB SSD. As for the ports, it has one USB 3.1 Type C port; one USB 3.1 port; 1 USB 2.0 port; 1 micro HDMI port and one SD card reader, meaning it has a decent number of ports. It operates on the Windows 10 Pro.
The dimensions of the ultrabook are 12.8 x 8.9 x 0.6 inches (LWH) and it weighs 2.9 pounds. The chassis is a plain but premium looking one. The display is truly a feast for the eyes, with vibrant colors and sharp, detailed images. It also comes preloaded with the AudioWizard software, allowing users to select different sound profiles for music, gaming, movies, etc. It is not created for serious gaming but can handle casual gaming.
This is an ultrabook with elegant chassis; good typing experience and good battery life. The battery life is around 8.5 hours. In short, great value for money being a compelling combo of functionality with features.
Who is it for?
- Suitable for those looking for a powerful overall performance, stunning screen and great audio output.
- Perfectly suitable for those who want to use their ultrabook for entertainment, like a dance party, without the need for any external speakers.
- Suited for those who want an ultrabook for multitasking as well as productivity.
Good Looking Laptop for Everyday Tasks
Microsoft Surface Laptop
It is powered by a 7th gen Intel Core i7 chipset that is combined with a RAM of 8 GB and hard drive storage of 256 GB. The processor clocks at a speed of 4 GHz 8032. The processor is combined with the Intel Iris Plus, Graphics 640 integrated GPU. It operates on Microsoft Windows 10 S OS. The device has dimensions of 2.1 x 9.9 x 13.4 inches (LWH) and it weighs 2.83 pounds.
The display screen is 13.5 inches and it has a maximum resolution of 2256 x 1504 pixels, with a pixel density of 201 PPI and an old school aspect ratio of 3:2 in a square shape. As for the design, it has a fabric deck, rather like suede with a waxy coating. This is a material that offers resistance to spills and stains and you can even clean it up with warm water, which cannot be said for other ultrabooks.
It is minimalist in the sense that there is only 1 USB 3.0 port; one 3.5 mm audio socket; one Mini Displayport. It does not have a slot for the SD card. Most ultrabooks come with few ports, but this is lighter than the rest of the competition. However, it does have the Microsoft Connect Port, supporting Microsoft Surface Dock. It is an accessory that offers you 4 additional USB 3.0 ports; 2 more mini display ports; one Ethernet; one audio output. However, it has to be purchased additionally.
The Alcantara fabric might be liked by some, but some might not like the feel of the texture on your wrists when typing for a long time.
Who is it for?
- Those who want an ultrabook that strikes a balance of portability with productivity.
- Ideal for students, being a kind of minimalist notebook. It is also suitable for those looking for a super-portable laptop that is convenient to keep in a sling bag or a backpack.
- Not suitable if you want a lot of connectivity options. Not suitable for those who want to watch videos, but suitable for general productivity.
- The 3:2 aspect screen is good if you want to read web pages or work on a word document.
- Not suitable if you want to play games, as many titles are not designed for such-standard aspect ratios.
- Suitable for frequent travellers, interested in productivity and work rather than entertainment.
Slim, Excellent Design with Gorgeous Display
Acer Swift 7, 13.3 inches
Acer has always had the title of ‘the world’s thinnest laptop’ to its credit and it continues with the Acer Swift 7 this year as well. It comes in a black and gold color option and is sturdy with an aluminum case. It is less than 0.4 inches in thickness and is one of the slimmest ultrabooks in the world. This is a 13-inch model that weighs just 2.4 pounds. The dimensions of the Acer Swift 7 are 12.8 x 9 x 0.39 inches and the weight is 2.48 pounds.
It is powered by the 7th gen Intel Core i5-7Y54 chipset, clocking at a speed of 1.2 GHz, with a maximum of 3.2 GHz in turbo mode. The processor is a dual-core SoC and the ultrabook is not a powerful performer. However, it is capable of handling regular office tasks as well. It is combined with an integrated Intel HD Graphics 615.
The screen is an FHD 13.3 inches with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, using IPS Cinecrystal LED technology with a backlit display, encased in Corning Gorilla Glass 4. The viewing angles are good and the laptop offers good legibility even in bright environments, in spite of the glossy screen. The RAM is 8 GB LPDDR3 and the hard drive capacity is 256 GB SSD. It operates on the Windows 10 Home OS.
As for connectivity, it has 2 USB 3.1 Type C ports; one 3.5 mm combination audio jack. If you wish to connect more devices, you will need an adapter. The battery life averages about 9 hours. It makes use of a LiPo battery and has a capacity of 41.58 Wh.
Overall, this is a great laptop from Acer with good performance.
Who is it for?
- Those who are looking for a thin build ultrabook and do not mind a limited option of ports.
- It is suitable for those wanting a business laptop and those who do not need too many security features.
- Those who want to perform regular or routine office tasks. It cannot be used for video editing and the like as it pushes the CPU to the limits.
Other laptops worth buying
One of the Best Lightweight Laptops with a Powerful Design
HP EliteBook Folio G1
If you are looking for a laptop that packs everything from a great processor to a sturdy built and a classy design, then the HP makes all of it happen in the Folio G1. This 12-inch laptop is an ultraportable with its skinny yet powerful design and a battery that lasts for a decent amount of time too. It is great for professionals, businessmen as well as students looking for a stylish lightweight laptop. The Core m7 processor along with 128 GB storage and a brilliant resolution makes up the base model of the Folio G1. The aluminum finish looks great and with a number of configuration options to choose from, the laptop is aiming to please a larger crowd.
Who is it for?
- This laptop is for those who are interested in flaunting around a chic-style laptop at their schools and colleges.
- Best suitable for people who travel a lot as it is extremely light-weight.
- Good for those who indulge in a lot of typing work.
Slim laptop from Apple
Apple MacBook 2016
Apple is known to be one of the pioneers of lightweight laptops. The MacBook Air influenced a lot of laptop models and created the trend towards thinner laptops. Apple MacBook 2016 is a brilliant laptop that has a thin design and a powerful processor. The Core M processor is undoubtedly powerful, although it does involve a lot of criticism from MacBook fans who wanted more from the machine. The graphics are decent enough for you to enjoy videos if not pull you to the gaming world. Keep in mind that it has just one USB-C port so you may feel at a loss of options when using the laptop to charge or connect a flash drive. While MacBook 2016 does bear a lot of similarities from last year’s version, it is still one of the best lightweight laptops that you can buy.
Who is it for?
- This is an ideal purchase for those who love to walk around with a well-designed laptop with the latest and innovative technology.
- It’s the best laptop for students and working people as the battery does not drain easily.
- Extremely light-weight and comes with multiple connectivity options making it highly convenient for users.
Top Best Lightweight laptop with excellent battery life
Dell XPS 13
Another masterpiece in the world of ultrabooks, Dell XPS 13 is a splendidly designed laptop with a 13.3-inch screen. The basic model includes an Intel Core i5 processor with 4GB RAM and 128 GB storage. The higher models get even more powerful. It is suitable for working professionals as well as those who need a laptop at home for entertainment. It is sleek and stylish with no compromise on the performance. The battery life is awesome. Your laptop can stay powered on for up to 11 hours in one charge. It is not the lightest laptop in this list, but it certainly aims at being as sleek as it can be.
Who is it for?
- Known for its durability and reliability, this laptop is exclusively suitable for people who can never compromise on the quality.
- Amazing design features and classic display makes it an ideal laptop for gamers and video editors.
- This laptop should be considered by those who can’t stand slow performance.
Top best lightweight laptops with a good storage capacity
Samsung NP900X3L-K06US Notebook 9
Samsung’s laptops have been talked about quite a bit by those who like the sleek design and a powerful system. The 13.3 inch, notebook 9 is a great lightweight laptop that packs a core i5 processor along with 8 GB RAM. It runs Windows 10 and has 256GB storage capacity. The styling is one of the best things about the laptop. The screen is brilliant with great viewing angles and the speedy SSD makes working on the laptop an awesome experience. It is priced competitively and has some great features to offer making it one of the best lightweight laptops of 2020.
Who is it for?
- Samsung NP900X3L-K06US Notebook 9 is best suitable for people who do not have to work for longer hours.
- People who hate carrying heavy laptops should certainly invest in Samsung NP900X3L-K06US Notebook 9
- The classic display and configuration options make it user-friendly, and this laptop is suitable for home users.
Thin laptops from HP
The 13.3 inch HP Spectre is undoubtedly an eye candy. It has a smooth finish and a delightful design. The best part is that it is one of the thinnest machines that you would come across with a Core i7 configuration. It impales most of the laptops with its stunning performance and looks. The attractive design is complemented with a brilliant full HD display which gives you incredible viewing angles. The 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD make working on the system a breeze.
Who is it for?
- This laptop comes with a plethora of connectivity options making it easy for students and business people.
- The build of this laptop is sturdy and strong and can be quite useful for users who dislike fragile materials.
- Gamers would certainly love this laptop as it comes with an amazing graphics card and a digital pen.
Top best thin laptop with outstanding performance
The full metal body and the smooth finish of the KiraBook make it a sleek lightweight laptop. It has a great performance because of the Core i7 processor and 8 GB RAM which ensures buttery smooth operation. The 13.3 inch HD touchscreen is superb and the 256 GB SSD ensures quick performance. There isn’t much that the laptop compromises on and this is why people are loving it so much. From its stunning looks to its outstanding performance and great battery life, the KiraBook is worth its price.
Who is it for?
- Movie enthusiasts will go gaga over the screen quality of Toshiba KiraBook.
- The crisp display and high-resolution screen quality make it an amazing choice for people who love to give presentations.
- The small and compact size of the laptop would allure women and children as it does not consume much space.
Slim laptop with a brilliant display
Lenovo Yoga 900
The 13.3 inch Lenovo Yoga 900 is a feast for the eyes but it makes working on it just as exemplary. It features a core i7 processor along with 8 GB RAM on its lowest model. The display is undoubtedly brilliant and the storage capacity can vary from 256 GB SSD to 1 TB SSD. For those looking for an outstanding style and brilliant performance, the Yoga 900 will not disappoint you. The full HD touch screen is great and it has nice viewing angles too. You will find the Yoga 900 to be a great machine suitable for work as well as play. It makes watching videos or playing games an awesome experience too.
Who is it for?
- Reversible feature of the laptop makes it one of the best choices for students and business professionals.
- The CPU performance is really efficient and it makes an amazing choice for those who hate working slowly.
- One does not have to carry a charger wherever they go around as the battery life is pretty amazing.
Best lightweight laptop on a budget
Asus Vivobook E200HA
With a Quad-core processor and 4GB RAM, the Vivobook E200HA is a beautifully crafted Asus laptop which is light yet powerful. The 11.5 inches full HD screen is vibrant with a perfect representation of the colors and the touchscreen is great to use. The full-day battery life makes life at work a lot easier. But it should not be mistaken for a laptop for professionals only. It is great for businessmen as well as home entertainment. The full-size keyboard is great and the 32GB flash memory allows quick performance. It comes with one year’s subscription to Office 365 which can be great for working professionals.
Who is it for?
- Best laptop for students and people with a tight budget and for those who do not want to spend more.
- It is a standard laptop and is an ideal choice for regular home-users.
- If one likes displaying a superior looking laptop within budget, Asus Vivobook E200HA can be considered.
The lightest laptop from Toshiba
Toshiba Satellite Radius 12
With a core i5 processor and 8GB RAM, the Satellite Radius 12 is one of Toshiba’s sleekest and most powerful machines. The 13.3-inch screen has a great display featuring a true 4K screen. Photographers and media professionals love this laptop because of its brilliant screen and outstanding performance. The keyboard may look slightly smaller with lesser space between the keys and the battery life is not as competent as other lightweight laptops in the market. The 256 GB SSD ensures faster performance when it comes to operating the machine. The brushed metal design makes it visually appealing. Overall it is a decent laptop for anyone looking for style and power.
Who is it for?
- People that are extremely fascinated and finicky about purchasing high-end laptops from a reputed company.
- Tech-savvy ones who love to flaunt around the advanced features on their laptop.
- Gamers and video editors must consider investing in this laptop for its crystal clear display and amazing output.
See also: Top Best Smartphones
Frequently Asked Questions
By lightweight, does it mean these laptops are very brittle?
No, that is not correct. Modern technology has evolved where lighter materials are available with even greater strength than the traditional ones used for making laptop shells. These can be thin but strong. You need not worry about the lightweight laptops being brittle. However, you have to handle any laptop with care.
I selected one lightweight laptop on Amazon but it says it’s out of stock. How long will it take to get it back in stock?
It is difficult to say since the manufacturer and the seller will only know the real status. There can be many issues involved. If the laptop model you opted is yet to be shipped from the manufacturer’s factory (it could be in China or Taiwan), it can take more time. If it is within the US and has to be reached to the seller’s warehouse, the product may be back for sale soon. Check with the seller for the exact situation.
Is the software on the lightweight laptop kept updated after I purchase it?
If your lightweight laptop has come loaded with Windows 10, there will be automatic updates from Microsoft. These updates land directly on your laptop and will be downloaded and installed by the system. Some times your permission may be sought for updates installation. There may be multiple restarts required during the update. All working apps may have to be closed for that. So, yes updates are carried out.
Are laptops supplied with anti-malware programs?
Many laptops are supplied with some kind of Vanilla antivirus software. However, it may not be sufficient to protect your laptop fully from malware. You must invest in a good antivirus package and keep renewing it each year. The cost you pay for them is worth every cent they charge.
How long do laptops take to charge fully?
There is no standard set for the charging time of laptop batteries. It varies with each model and the variables include the size of the battery and the type of adopter you are using. There are now fast chargers available for laptop charging too.
This is a list of the best lightweight laptops of 2019. We have kept processors, price and battery life in mind while curating this list because most of the users find these to be the most important features in any laptop. Keeping in mind that lightweight laptops have been gaining a lot of popularity and the price continues to go north because of the power they pack, most of these laptops may be considered a premium choice for many users.
These ultrabooks are perfect for those wanting a slim and light laptop at reasonable prices. Ultrabooks are available from all the top manufacturers like Samsung; Asus; Toshiba; Lenovo and HP and are worth taking a look. Heavier laptops come with more features and ports, but you can get the same hardware in a laptop that is design focused. The price ranges from $1000 to $1500 depending on the accessories available and the specifications of the ultrabook.
It is not possible to do a serious 3D type of gaming on these ultrabooks. However, most of them come with a RAM that is sufficient for regular activities. The hardware, however, might be slower than those available in heavier laptops. The specs will also be mid-range, perfectly suitable for work and multimedia as well as for entertainment. Check these laptops if portability is an important aspect for you, rather than heavy features. If you do a lot of writing, light tasks, surfing the web or you just want a laptop with you when traveling, these are ideal.