Confused about getting one of the best laptops for personal use? Feeling overwhelmed with all the options on the market? In today’s world of abundant choices, even a simple thing like shopping for a laptop can be very intimidating. Technology is moving at blazing speeds and almost everyone is trying to catch up with it. We have come a very long way from where we were just a few years ago. Today it is very possible to get an extremely well-performing laptop at affordable prices. The same couldn’t have been said 2 or 3 years ago.
Looking for the best laptop for personal use? There are hundreds of laptop types flooding the market, from models with affordable prices to more sophisticated, expensive ones. It can confuse you when picking out the best one. How to find the best laptop? First, you think about your needs, then you can start to classify the laptops according to your needs before you choose the best one. For example, if you are a gamer, who mostly use the laptop for playing games, then you can search laptops with the excellent GPU to process graphic, a minimum 4GB of RAM, and of course a great processor. If you are a business person, you can focus on laptops with connectivity ports and fingerprint sensor for security, besides a great processor as well. What if you are looking for a laptop for your personal use only? What is the best laptop for personal use? Usually, you only use this laptop for browsing, checking email, socializing, playing light games, and light productivity tasks. So, you will not need a big amount of RAM or an excellent GPU.
If you find yourself severely confused about which laptop to buy, do not fret, because we have assembled a great list of the best laptops available in the market for personal use. With so many options available, it is necessary to break down your requirements so that you can buy the product that best suits your personal needs. Some people look for laptops that can play the latest games, whereas others just need one for watching their favorite movies and TV shows. Some require a blend of the two but aren’t interested in buying an expensive laptop.
A lot of people buy laptops based on hype and marketing, without doing the necessary research, only to find out that they wasted their hard-earned money on inferior products. To get the most value out of a product, you need to do the necessary research and go a bit in-depth on its features, advantages, disadvantages, etc. When you get all the facts, you can then make an informed decision based on your personal preferences and get the right laptop.
The process of finding the best laptop for personal use must focus first on what ‘personal use’ really means. It could be just watching movies, videos or playing games. A search for a laptop for personal use will, therefore, start with some clarity on this score. However, as dealt with in the paragraphs above, there are some basic specifications and details of laptops available in the market that can help you make the right choice. Here are some tips.
- Laptop Size: The market has laptops starting from 11-12 inches size to 17 inches. The size suitable for you will be based on whether you would be using it while traveling or while moving around or from a fixed location. If you have to carry the device around, then a smaller size will be most suitable.
- Processor: A laptop for personal use should be fitted with a decent processor so that you get a smooth performance from it. Try to settle on an Intel Core i7 or the i5 latest generation processor. You should see if the clock speed of the processor is closer to 3GHz.
- Graphics: Graphics support to the processor will be critical if you plan to use the laptop to play fast games. Otherwise, the regular graphics unit would do.
- RAM: Modern laptops come with 8 GB RAM and that should be good enough for you to carry out your regular activities.
- Battery: You would want the battery in your laptop for personal work to be a powerful one. It should last several hours before you look for a power supply to recharge the battery.
- Storage: Check if the laptop comes with at least 500 GB onboard storage. If it is 1TB, you may feel comfortable.
- Audio: Normally laptops for personal use are used by people who spend long hours watching movies or videos. The audio delivery has to be the best available in the market. You do have the option of adding external speakers to enhance the sound delivery.
- Connectivity Options: Again, the latest models of laptops of almost all brands are good with multiple options for connectivity. These include additional displays, printer, mouse, etc. Think of your particular needs for direct and wireless connectivity and ensure that the laptop you are buying has them all.
- Price: When you are choosing a laptop for your personal use, you may not be very fastidious about its price. However, you do get a range of prices and you can choose the machine that ticks all the boxes and still is affordable to you.
Below we have compiled a list of versatile, affordable, cheap and versatile high-end machines so that you can find the laptop perfect for your needs. Well, what are you waiting for? Head down and check out the amazing options we have for you.
See also: Top 4 Low Budget Laptops As Of 2019
List Of The Top Best Laptops For Personal Use
The Best Gaming Personal Laptop
MSI GS65 Stealth
If you are a hardcore gamer or a casual gamer looking to get more into gaming, then the MSI GS65 Stealth is undoubtedly the best value gaming laptop in the market today. Housing an Intel Core i7, 8 GB NVidia GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB M.2 SSD and a stunning 15.6 inch 144 Hz display, this laptop is an utter beast when it comes to running games.
When it comes to packing amazing performance at an affordable price, there is no other laptop that can beat the MSI GS65 Stealth in today’s market. What makes this possible is the combination of the Intel Core i7 processor and the NVidia Max Q GTX 1070 chipset. When you compare this beast to other competitors in the same price bracket, the MSI Stealth crushes them like flies, before smack-talking them. You can easily play the latest games at high-quality settings and run them like a hot knife on butter. From shooters, RPGs, MMORPGs and single-player action-adventure titles, you can play them all with ease.
The design looks sleek and aggressive and the small gold accents on the lid make this laptop look amazing. Weighing at roughly 4.14 pounds, you can easily carry this baby around and play your games wherever you like. You also get a stunning SteelSeries RGB backlit keyboard with great grip and perfect feedback. The lights under the keys actually change based on the gameplay, due to the SteelSeries GameSense technology. However, this feature will work only with supported games. Nonetheless, it’s pretty cool to see.
As far as battery life is concerned, you get a decent 6-8 hours on a single full charge, depending on the intensity of the tasks it undertakes. This may not look like a great number but it is actually better than almost 90 percent of its competitors, considering the performance capabilities it has. All in all the MSI GS65 Stealth is a thin, sleek and powerful gaming beast that you can get for a great value price.
Why should you buy this?
- This device would be a great choice for gamers as it is equally good at everything which includes a super cool display, eye-pleasing design and efficient cooling system.
- The ultra-high graphic setting and the super impressive processor will deliver a crazy fast gaming experience with no lags at any cost.
The Best Value Laptop for Personal Use
Huawei Matebook X Pro
If you are someone who is looking to buy a great value laptop that is versatile and affordable, then the Huawei Matebook X Pro is the perfect choice for you. This title had previously belonged to the Dell XPS 13, but the Matebook X Pro surprised everyone and took it from the former champ. It comes with an 8th Gen Intel Core i5 / i7 processor, Intel UHD Graphics 620, NVidia GeForce MX150 (Only with the i7 configuration), 8 GB / 16 GB RAM, 256 / 512 GB SSD and a 13.9-inch display.
The first reaction you will have after seeing this laptop will be absolute love. It looks absolutely stunning, with a premium air about it. The aluminum uni-body design features diamond-cut edges and a great quality finish. It looks sleek as hell, but luxurious too. Moreover, it weighs only a measly 2.93 pounds, making it one of the thinnest laptops available in the market today. It also features one of the largest trackpads you will ever see on a laptop this size.
The Matebook X Pro features two top facing stereo speakers (Dolby Atmos supported), giving you an amazing audio experience. This coupled with the display that offers great vibrant colors and sharp visuals; you are in for a treat when it comes to watching movies and other content. The display may have an odd aspect ratio of 3:2 giving you black bars at the top and bottom while watching movies, but it grows on you fast.
Performance-wise, the Huawei Matebook Pro does not disappoint. It can blow through any major tasks you throw at it due to the Intel Core i5 / i7 processor and the NVidia MX 150 chipset. It has its limitations, but for the average user, it is more than enough to do pretty much anything he/she desires.
If all the above points aren’t positive enough, the battery of this laptop is outrageously good. It can easily beat the top 13 inch laptops in the market for a few hours. Combine this with all the other great features it has and a great affordable price and you get the best value laptop in the market today for personal use.
Why should you buy this?
- Logging in can be instant with the fingerprint reader which is integrated with the power button.
- It delivers 13 hours of video playback on a single charge and is capable of keeping you up over a long flight.
- For everyday personal usage, Matebook is sufficiently powered to deliver incredibly fast performance for any tasks be it surfing, loading or editing.
The Best Convertible Laptop for Personal Use
Asus ZenBook Flip S UX370
The Asus ZenBook Flip S UX370 is a very special laptop. It comes with an Intel Core i7-8550U processor, Intel UHD Graphics 620, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB PCIe SSD and a 13.3 inch HD touchscreen. The 2 in 1 laptop may make you think it’s just a gimmick, but make no mistake; it has its uses. It’s great to have while giving presentations or just relaxing and watching some great movies. The laptop comes with a hinge that allows you to rotate the display to tablet mode. So you can change the form of the laptop depending on your preferences.
Design-wise the Royal Blue finish with the thin sleek body makes it a beautiful device to hold and use. It weighs about 2.42 pounds, making it very light to carry around. It is claimed to be the thinnest convertible laptop in the market today at 0.43 inches. Though the thin body has its advantages, it also has its disadvantages. To make the laptop so thin, the manufacturer had to compromise on the number of ports and other buttons, so all you get is a USB 3.1 Type-C slot, a fingerprint sensor and a volume rocker. The touchpad on the body pretty much eliminates the need for a mouse.
With the 1.8 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, you can perform tasks with ease but keep in mind that this laptop is not built for ultra-performance heavy tasks. The device heats up sometimes, but the fan does a great job of keeping things cool. The SSD drive along with 16 GB of RAM makes file copying and software installations a breeze.
What makes this convertible laptop so unique is that it offers the most value in terms of display and performance for a 2 in 1 laptop. It is versatile enough to be used for both personal and professional work. If you want a laptop that can easily be transformed into a tablet with great mobile and functional qualities, then the Asus ZenBook Flip S UX370 is a great choice for you.
Why should you buy this?
- If the user is more style-conscious, this ZenBook Flip could be a good fit as it has been designed with a touch of elegance and minimalistic look.
- Not just a style element, but also equips much functionality and is capable of running routine tasks with no lags.
- With the 8th Gen Intel processor, it is a beast in terms of performance. One can open and work with multiple tabs at a time and it also supports casual games.
One of the Most Powerful Convertible Laptops in the World
Microsoft Surface Book 2
The Microsoft Surface Book 2 is perhaps the most powerful convertible laptop in the market today with a 4.2 GHz Intel Core i5-7300U / Intel Core i7-8650U processor, NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 with 2 GB DDR5 VRAM, 8 GB / 16 GB RAM, 256 GB / 1 TB SSD and a 13.5-inch touchscreen display. This laptop is perfect for those who are constantly on the go, as it has the ability to not only perform intensive tasks on the fly but also transform into a compact tablet whenever you want. You also get a larger 15-inch version but don’t think for a second that the smaller one is any less powerful.
The Intel Core 4.2 GHz processor along with the GeForce GTX 1050 can pack a punch when it comes to running tasks. This product efficiently combines a laptop, a tablet and a portable studio into one awesome device, allowing you to have incredible versatility and insane mobility. You can get the Surface Dial and Pen to create some amazing art no matter where you are. You no longer need a bulky desktop to unleash your creativity. It is able to provide a desktop-level performance, in a highly compact and portable format.
The Microsoft Surface Book 2 is a leaner version of its bigger brother (15 inches) at 3.62 lbs and effectively combines great functionality and stunning aesthetics to suit any and all tastes. In the tablet form, it easily provides one of the best user experiences you can have in convertible laptops. It is, however, important to note that, when you detach the laptop to make it into a tablet, you will lose the graphical capability, as well as the standard battery life. The device conveniently warns you to save your files when you detach it. You also get a great display screen with stunning visuals and a resolution of 3000×2000. You get deep blacks and vibrant colors due to the 1600:1 contrast ratio.
Microsoft claims that the Surface Book 2 can have a battery life of up to 17 hours with video playback. However, under general circumstances, you may not get the full 17 hours. Nonetheless, the battery life is extremely impressive for a convertible laptop. All in all, this product is one of the most powerful 2 in 1 laptop in the market today. If you are someone who likes to carry their laptop around, watch movies and like to work from home on creative endeavors like drawing and sketching, then the Surface Book 2 will not disappoint you.
Why should you buy this?
- It is a machine of both power and portability. The hybrid mode is a beneficial feature that the user can rely upon for both works as well for gaming purposes.
- It will be a serving as a great workhorse to professionals as they can share the screen in meetings with greater ease and can store documents with strong security.
- It is the windows based versatile laptop with softer and accurately working keys, a bright enough screen and long-lasting battery.
The Best Affordable Laptop for Personal Use
Acer Swift 3
The Acer Swift 3 is a phenomenal laptop, especially at its price point. It’s very rare that you find such a good product for such a low price, but we are in luck. The Acer Swift 3 comes with an 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8250U processor, Intel UHD Graphics 620, 4 GB / 8 GB RAM, 128 GB / 256 GB SSD storage and a 14-inch display with 1920×1080 resolution. This laptop surprisingly is a budget device that is almost equivalent to the MacBook Pro which is astonishing, considering that it is nearly half the price of the latter.
Looks-wise, it may not have the best design, but this laptop isn’t about design but more about value and functionality. In fact, the most severe drawback of this laptop is that its looks may prevent people from noticing how great it actually is. The trackpad is large and allows you to freely move over its surface. Controlling the cursor in this laptop is a great experience unlike so many other laptops in the market today. But where this laptop really shines is in its performance and battery life.
When you look at the way it performs you will be shocked to see that it beats a lot of laptops that come at double its price. This laptop is by no means a gaming machine, but you’ll have a good time playing games in medium settings. So if you are looking for an affordable laptop to do light gaming and media-based tasks then this one is easily one of the best options you have.
When it comes to battery life, you will easily get up to 8 hours and more while playing media content like movies, streaming shows, etc. When you look at the price you get this laptop for, the amount of time you get is epic especially since most other laptops that cost double or triple its price have weaker battery life. The Acer Swift 3 is a laptop that has the ability to beat other products that cost upwards of hundreds of dollars more than it. When you look at the amount of value you get, it’s easy to say that this is probably the best affordable laptop you can get for personal use.
Why should you buy this?
- For anyone who does work remotely, the HD cam with Acer PurifiedVoice will enable flawless conference calls with high clarity both in terms of voice and video.
- When the user works or watches videos all day long, the matte screen and thin bezels will make it easier for him/her and prevents eyes from getting tired.
- With faster processing speed, the user will never have to wait for the machine to boot up or find any delays in streaming, mailing or surfing.
Other laptops for personal use worth buying
Best Cheap Laptop For Personal Use
Asus EeeBook X205TA
With its weight under 1 kg, ultra-thin design only 1.75cm, the 11.6-inch display, this notebook is perfect for daily use. It gives you up to 12 hours of web browsing, 11 hours of video playing, and 13 hours for music playing. Asus EeeBook X205TA has a premium touch design with streamlined curves, a tactile finish, and is available in several colors. It really is the best budget laptop for personal use. You will get the Microsoft Office 365 with a 1-year subscription along with 1TB online cloud space. It has a Windows 8.1 with a free upgrade to Windows 10. It comes with a Quad-core processor, which allows you to do multitasking on this laptop smoothly.
Why should you buy this?
- This device is equipped with an efficient processor and has good battery life. Hence it is most suited for one who looks for a device that is perfect for rendering productivity on the go.
- Being an ultra-portable and budget-friendly device, it can be considered to be the ideal choice for having it as a handy device at the kitchen or bedroom or while the travel.
- More convenient for streaming, browsing, simple word processing, paying bills and the Windows S secures the system from malware.
Best Apple Laptop For Personal Use
New MacBook Air Fifth-Generation 11-inch
If you have a higher budget, you can consider this Apple laptop. I will not talk a lot about the price because it’s quite expensive. If we compare it with Asus EeeBook, the difference in price is huge. But it is the lowest-priced MacBook with good design and fast flash storage. At this moment, the MacBook Air is the most popular MacBook. Its design is covered by aluminum and has a 1.7 cm thin profile and 1.08 kg of weight, make it fit for personal mobile use. The LED display adopts the IPS technology, so you will get a great color saturation from all angles. MacBook Air is powered by 1.6GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5, which can run the productivity apps well. The battery can last up to 9 hours for light browsing using Safari. Even though it uses the fan, the sound is not noisy, and the device is not too hot.
Why should you buy this?
- Flawless and efficient device to meet your computing needs. No hanging in the mid and faster rendition even between playing a Youtube video and multiple tabs kept open.
- The Retina display is a highlight as it renders vibrant colors and the speakers sound amazing. Thus it can be a good choice for immersive entertainment.
- The thinnest and lightest body in the MacBook series makes it a unique device with no compromise in performance.
Best Budget Laptop
HP Stream 11.6-inch
Its weight is a bit heavier than Asus EeeBook X205TA, 1.2 kg with the same display size. HP Stream 11.6-inch battery can last up to 8 hours and 15 minutes. Available in 2 colors. With the thin, lightweight, stylish color, and 8 hours of battery life, this laptop can accompany you on daily basis use, everywhere. It comes with a 1-year subscription of full versions of Microsoft Office 365 Personal and free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. I can say that HP Stream 11.6-inch is among the best budget laptops for personal use. The interesting thing is the innovative fanless design. With a design that eliminates the fan, this laptop system will run quietly.
Why should you buy this?
- This fast and tiny machine works great with word processing, spreadsheets, playing movies and surfing.
- The fan-less design makes it easier for the user to place the laptop anywhere without having to worry about the accumulation of dust or heating issues.
- To be used on the couch or carried around for work, HP Stream is a great choice as it renders smooth performance with a responsive interface.
Best Compact Laptop
Acer Aspire R11
Acer Aspire R11 is a compact convertibility notebook that offers you the flexibility in using it in any situation. With its 360 degrees dual-torque hinge, you can flip the screen up to its back and use it as a tablet. It’s not the thinnest and the lightest laptop indeed, but it is enough for your mobility style and daily personal use with 1.5 kg of weight, 2.0 cm of thick, and battery life that can last up to 8 hours. The screen is covered with damage-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass, so you don’t have to worry about the scratches. The interesting thing from Acer Aspire R11 is, it has the Zero Air Gap, a display technology that improves contrast and image clarity, even under the sunlight. It uses Windows 8.1 as the OS and can be upgraded to Windows 10 for free.
Why should you buy this?
- As it is a less expensive portable convertible with all the essential features, this device should be considered as a great deal for the money.
- It is super fast to boot up and it can be of great help when the users need to use it instantly when the demand arises.
- This notebook could be an ideal choice for users on work trips who look for a device that is small in size and has stronger battery life.
- With a brighter and crisp resolution screen, streaming movies, documenting and browsing will be at ease.
Best 11-inch Laptop For Personal Use
Dell Inspiron 11
Perhaps you can also consider this laptop, which gets the reddot award 2015. Dell Inspiron 11 is one of the under $600 laptops with a touchscreen display. The display can be opened to 360 degrees to get various modes of use, such as laptop mode, tablet mode, tent mode, and tablet stand mode. These modes give you different experiences. The configuration of this laptop is Intel Celeron, Pentium, to Core i3. You can choose according to your needs. Dell Inspiron 11 has used LED IPS technology with a wide viewing angle. It is covered by the silver matte color that will not make your fingerprint leave a mark on its case. It has 1.4 kg of weight and battery life can last up to 11 hours.
Why should you buy this?
- The user can bid good-bye to buffering with steady connectivity to Wi-Fi and can have a consistent entertainment experience.
- If you are looking for a lighter portable device that works better with basic tasks, this device exceeds your expectations with great performance.
- Easy and quick transfer of files is possible with the connectivity ports and also Cortana comes for greater assistance to simplify your tasks.
Best Laptop And Tablet
Surface Pro 4
When Microsoft decided to do its own line of tablets, we were not sure if the move from software to hardware would be smooth enough. But one look at the Surface Pro 4 and you would know that Microsoft has left no stone unturned in the process of crafting an out of the league product that can spell amaze for every user.
A 12.3-inch screen, 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5-6300U processor, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD storage makes the Surface Pro 4 a cool tablet that has successfully jumped into the laptop market and now is one of the best laptops for personal use for 2016. Its keyboard and stylus are efficient and easy to use making the device an overall hit among users who are looking for a personal laptop. With enough power to keep them entertained and allow them to get the best of both worlds.
Why should you buy this?
- It is a perfect choice for students as it facilitates note-taking with OneNote, sketching with stylus, programming & browsing with the necessary features included.
- For the users who look for a high-end convertible with full functionality, this device proves to be an ideal choice for its portability and highly flexible for carrying around. Also for doing the official tasks like presentations with no lags.
- If you are a leisure user, you will find Surface Pro to be your good companion as it streams a lot of videos with a good battery backup and the back stand flexibility gives you a comfortable viewing experience wherever you are.
Best Cheap Laptop And Tablet
Asus Chromebook Flip
Chrome OS has turned exceedingly robust and has the capability to do a lot more than what it started with. The 10.1 inch Asus Chromebook Flip is a fully metal Chromebook that also doubles as a tablet if you need something more portable. The 1.8 GHz Rockchip processor it houses makes it more powerful than other Chromebooks and the 2GB RAM and 16 GB eMMC storage add up to decent specs for a laptop that can perform average tasks without lag. The lengthy battery life will make sure that your laptop keeps you entertained through a road trip and its responsive touch controls make it very easy to use. Its 10.1-inch screen means that you have a smaller keyboard and trackpad. While some may find this to be fine, others may not like the small size of the laptop. Keep this in mind if you plan on investing in this laptop.
Why should you buy this?
- From personal uses to professional uses, this efficient Chromebook covers the demands of the users by enabling ease of communication, sharing files and playing games.
- The built-in Rockchip processor is great at enhancing Chromebook’s compatibility with android apps and games.
- The device’s stellar battery life, versatility and portability are what render the value for the money.
Best Samsung Laptop For Personal Use
Samsung ATIV Book 9
The 15.6-inch ATIV Book 9 is an attractive aluminum clad machine which gives its users a premium feel with its light weight design, all-day battery life, and 1080p resolution. Given the price, we expect nothing less from it either. If this is going to be your only computer, then you will like the big size of the screen which has a bright and vibrant display. The larger body also gives room for a more spacious keyboard which makes typing a breeze.
If you are digging for specs, then the ATIV Book 9 does fairly well here as well. The fourth-gen Intel Core i5 processor with 8GB memory and an integrated Intel Graphics 4400 HD along with 128 GB SSD puts it on the row of conventional laptops that feature powerful specs and uncompromised performance. While the SSD may be the only thing that seems to be slightly short of our expectations, the rest of the specs leave room for no arguments.
Why should you buy this?
- The privacy of data is at your ease using the Secret Screen mode. The users can be care-free of others looking into the screen especially while traveling by changing the opacity.
- No Reflection and Outdoor Mode will be beneficial to work or watch videos even under sunlight without any glare at better viewing angles.
- It weighs almost nothing and fits into the sleeves of the laptop holder and also too fast in loading stuff and doing important tasks in a matter of minutes.
Best Laptop For Star Wars Fans
HP Star Wars Special Edition Notebook
With all the Star Wars hype that enwrapped the world with its recent movie, we can see Star Wars stuff everywhere from coffee mugs to T-shirts. If there is anything that can be printed on, you could see the Star Wars light and dark forces right there on them.
While many Star Wars fans may not worry about the specs, if you are going to use this laptop for more than simply showing it off as some Star Wars merchandise, then you would be happy to know that there is more to the laptop than just the creative designing. You get a Core i5 processor with 6 GB RAM and 1TB mechanical hard drive. The 15.6-inch display is bright and has good viewing angles. Overall the laptop aims to please, especially if you are a Star Wars fan.
Why should you buy this?
- For any hardcore Star Wars fanatic, the collection of the epic Star Wars themed images for customizing the PC is a true delight.
- Even with the mid-range hardware, the device delivers decent performance handling multiple tasks at a time with ease.
- Any kind of entertainment like streaming or gaming will be more enjoyable and no tiring of eyes due to lack of PWM in all levels of brightness
Best Laptop From LG
LG Gram 14
A 14-inch laptop with a powerful Intel Core i7 processor, the LG Gram 14 has taken on major competitors with its outstanding steps and superb design. While the laptop may fall short for powerful business users, it is perfect for average personal use. It lacks a touchscreen so you may want to consider this laptop only if you choose to work on a non-touchscreen laptop. The lightweight model makes it good for portability and the screen size is perfect too.
Along with the outstanding Core i7 processor, the LG Gram 14 pairs 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of SSD. While LG is still experimenting with its laptop, you may find some bumps but these may not matter as much if you are not a power user. It does well as a computer for personal use. While the battery life is lesser than many other laptops in the same price range, The LG Gram 14 feels like a next-gen machine.
Why should you buy this?
- It is a light-weight powerhouse and holds the charge for a long time that keeps you entertained throughout your flight journey.
- Even though being light, it is built as a highly durable machine and it has passed through 7 different military-standard tests.
- The users can work smoothly in different environments with any kind of light settings as the keyboard has been brightly lit with 2 levels of different brightness.
- Given its 2 in 1 flexibility, LG Gram 14 can be adapted to different purposes like tent mode for leisure use and kiosk mode for business use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use laptops for personal use for playing games?
You can play games on the laptop you have purchased for personal use. However, some games can only be played if the laptop has the required specifications. Check with the game developer.
Does having a touchscreen on the laptop for personal use help?
It does help to have a touchscreen on the laptop for personal use. A touchscreen is any day a good feature to have. If you are yet to buy the machine, you can check this aspect and order the model that has the feature.
What are the different connectivity options I must look for in the laptop for personal use?
You should have at least 2 USB-A ports, 1 USB-C type port, an HDMI port and a3.5mm jack for audio which can connect the microphone as well. These will ensure that you are able to connect to most of the devices you want. You will have Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity options in addition to these.
Do I have to carry my laptop to the service center every time I have an issue with it?
That may not be necessary. When you buy a new laptop and register it on the manufacturer’s website, your laptop will be included in their online support. This means you will keep getting the update patches to your hardware and software to ensure that you enjoy a hassle-free performance from the laptop. If you face any issues, you have the option to call the customer support number given on the machine. It would be a toll-free number and you will be assisted through the actions to be initiated until your issue is resolved. It is only when the issue cannot be resolved over the telephone that you will be guided to take it to the service center.
Will I get a replacement for my laptop if it is within the warranty period?
You will have to read the warranty terms thoroughly to understand this. Some laptops come with a 100% replacement guarantee. Some laptop makers will say conditional warranty. That means the company will honor its warranty terms only if certain conditions are met. Such warranties may not include damage due to an accidental fall. Check these out.
The Bottom Line
If you are looking for a laptop, you need to first define your primary and secondary purposes. For instance, if you are working in a full-time job and looking for a laptop that can not only perform professional tasks but also provide you with great entertainment, then you need to look for a product that is decently powerful and comes with a great display screen. Similarly, you can break down your priorities and then look for laptops that can fulfill them efficiently. In today’s technology market you can easily get abundant choices with a variety of unique features, specifications and prices. All you need to do is go online and research the various products out there, their general reviews and tech review articles to get a good idea about its usefulness. Hopefully, the above list has been of some help to you in your journey to find that perfect laptop. Come back for more articles on the latest tech products and gadgets available in the market today.
We know that choosing a new laptop can be time-consuming giving that offer is huge. That is why we have created this list of the top best laptops of 2021 for personal use. Happy shopping!