If you are looking for some of the best laptops for interior designers, you landed on the right page.
The computer specification requirement of an interior designer is quite different from the one of an ordinary computer user. Actually, the interior designers need a completely superior computer that should be powerful enough to perform multi-tasks simultaneously. And it is a challenge to pick the right one.
If you are an interior designer, you might want to select a laptop that is suitable for your professional needs. This could be quite different from the computers used by students or other professionals. In fact, an interior designer will need a laptop that is technologically superior, in order to tackle multitasking.
Interior designers have to create and improve architectural designs for buildings and rooms. They have to make it appear spacious as well as beautiful. However, by selecting the right laptop, they can make their task easier. To run the relevant computer software, they need the right kind of notebooks. The options in the market are unlimited, so check out these top options for interior designers.
See Also: Top best laptops for programming of 2019
What Should Be The Specifications Of Laptops For Interior Design?
Even if you don’t know much about the hardware and software, it is equally important for you to understand in which part of the computer you need to invest your money.
Hardware and Software
Here, the computer users are divided into two categories, the first ones are Windows users and the second ones are those who use Mac. We have listed some of the minimum hardware requirements, which is mandatory for the work.
- Should have the multi-core processor. (i7-6300HQ/i7-6500U/i7-5500U/i7-6567U/i5-6200U)
- It should be at least 10GB of space and it should be free in the hard disc drive.
- The computer should have at least 8GB RAM. (DDR3/DDR4)
- Should have at least Windows 7, 8, or 10.
- It should come with a graphics card or a dedicated graphics card with at least 512MB.
- Should have full HD display (1920x1080p)
- It needs to have a multi-core processor. (i7-6300HQ/i7-6500U/i7-5500U/i7-6567U/i5-6200U)
- It should have at least 8GB RAM. (DDR3/DDR4)
- It needs to come with at least 10 GB of free space in the hard disc drive.
- It should have the operating system version of at least Mac OS X10.10.
- Also, it should have a full HD display (1920x1080p).
The above tips for choosing the best laptop for interior designers are all quite useful. However, some additional information can be handy while making the selection.
- Display Size: Check if you are able to find a laptop for interior designers with a 17-inch display. The work of designing will involve viewing spaces and manipulating images to try different options. A larger display will be immensely useful. The display resolution already finds mention above.
- Software Handling Capacity: Interior designing may involve multiple applications and programs used to create the designs. The laptop for interior designers that you have shortlisted for purchase should be capable of handling them all. Check with the seller/manufacturer. You can send an email listing out the software applications that you would have to use and most of them would respond.
- Battery: Battery power is important if the laptop is meant to be used by the interior designer away from a power source. Specifications of laptops list the battery capacity and the number of hours the full charge lasts.
- Connectivity Options: You would want the laptop for interior designers to be capable of being connected to a printer or an additional monitor etc. Check if there are provisions for such multiple connections on the laptop.
Best Laptops For Interior Designers
A Multimedia Powerhouse for Interior Decorators
The dimensions of this Dell workstation are 9.3 x 14.1 x 0.7 inches and it weighs 3.9 pounds, which is quite lightweight. It offers a battery life of around 6 hours. The screen is 15.6 inches of 4K display with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels. It is touch-enabled, with an Infinity edge display for a borderless experience.
It is powered by the 7th generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ, a quad-core chipset with 6M cache, clocking at a maximum speed of 3.8 GHz. The RAM is 16 GB DDR4 with 24000 MHz, with additional memory up to 32 GB available separately. This is combined with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 dedicated graphics card of 4 GB RAM size.
As for connectivity, the Dell workstation has you totally covered, with one HDMI port; one jack for the headset; one USB C port Thunderbolt 3; 1 SD card reader; 2 USB 3.0 ports.
The performance of this workstation is excellent due to the combination of the processor and the graphics card. The 4K Touchscreen is also crisp and clear. The SSD has sufficient capacity and the build is premium, right from the chassis to the touchpad to the speakers. The display is sharp and clear and suitable for web designing and interior decorators. The hardware and graphics card is powerful enough to tackle most of the power user tasks. Though it is not a dedicated gaming laptop, it can handle most of the AAA games at moderate settings, with the 4K display making things much better.
Who is it for?
- Interior designers and professionals looking for a powerful workstation offering value, that comes with a price
- Ideal for those wanting a premium build and effective top-end notebooks for video work as well as games.
- Highly suitable for media professionals, visual artists, and those into photography, videography and hobbyists.
- Ideal for those looking for a portable and lightweight but powerful laptop.
Dell XPS9560-7001SLV-PUS Pros & Cons
- WQHD display
- Well-performing processor
- Runs high-definition games
- Awkwardly placed webcam
- Below par battery life
Solid Performance and Impressive Battery Life for Interior Designers
HP Pavilion Power GTX 1050
The dimensions are 14.9 x 9.9 x 0.9 inches and the weight is 5 pounds. It is a 15.6 inches IPS WLED, backlit, touch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, which is suitable for interior designers. The HP Pavilion Power GTX 1050 is powered by the 7th generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ chipset clocking at a speed of 2.5 GHz, which can be ramped to 3.5 GHz. It has a RAM of 12 GB DDR4 and is capable of effective multitasking keeping several tabs open simultaneously. It is combined with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card with dedicated 4 GB VRAM. The hard drive capacity is 1 TB with a speed of 5400 rpm.
As for connectivity, the HP Pavilion Power GTX 1050 comes with several ports: 3 USB 3.0 port; one USB Type C port; One HDMI port; one card reader ( 3 in 1); one Ethernet; one power port; one headphone jack. It is supported by the Windows 10 OS.
The keyboard is an island-style one and is comfortable for typing. The touchpad is also extra-long and has a lot of room for navigation. The battery lasts an average of 10 hours. The workbook comes with several HP apps, like the HP Recovery Manager that is useful during a system crash. In addition, there is the HP Support Assistant for updates and fixing issues. Another useful app is the Orbit, used for pairing the notebook with your smartphone, for seamless transfer of content.
Who is it for?
- Interior decorators and graphic designers looking for a workbook with solid performance and good battery life
- Not suitable as a gaming laptop
- Those looking for a good looking workbook offering good overall performance with a good battery life, all available without breaking the bank.
HP Pavilion Power GTX 1050 Pros & Cons
- Attractive design
- Excellent graphics
- Sturdy keyboard
- No fingerprint sensor
- Poor audio output
Delivering Stunning Value for Interior Designers
Acer Predator Helios 300
The screen is a Full HD 15.6 inches, with LED-backlit IPS technology offering a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. It is powered by the Core i7-7700HQ clocking at a speed of 2.8 GHz, which can be increased to a maximum of 3.8 GHz. It has a RAM of 16 GB DDR4/2400. This is combined with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB graphics card with 6 GB dedicated GDDR5 VRAM, and the storage is 512 GB SSD.
As for ports, there are 2 USB 2.0 ports; 2 USB 3.0 port; 1 HDMI; one SD card reader; 1 Ethernet; 1 headphone/microphone jack. The dimensions of the notebook are 15.3 x 10.5 x 1.1 inches and the weight is 6 pounds. It is supported by the Windows 10 Home OS.
In short, it checks all the boxes for an affordable laptop suitable for both work and play. It’s fairly compact and portable. The display is crisp and clear with wide viewing angles. The hardware is powerful, the keyboard is comfortable and it is a portable package at a reasonable and competitive price.
Who is it for?
- Suitable for interior designers who just want a no-nonsense workbook, offering a lot of bang for their buck, without unnecessary bells and whistles.
- Also suitable for gamers with strong graphics abilities.
Acer Predator Helios 300 Pros & Cons
- Good gaming performance
- 144Hz display
- Moderate battery life
- Lower quality plastic
Full-size Notebook for Interior Designers on a Budget
CUK ASUS VivoBook S510
This is a 15.6 inches screen weighing around 3.7 pounds, with a matte IPS technology screen and backlit keyboard. The screen is a non-touch one with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, quite suited for Interior Designing tasks. The dimensions are 14.25 x 9.52 x 0.70 inches (wdh).
It is powered by the Intel Kaby Lake, Core i7-8500U, a quad-core processor with 8 MB cache clocking at a speed of 1.8 GHz, which can be enhanced to 4.0 GHz. It is combined with a RAM of 16 GB DDR4, 2400 MHz and a hard drive of 500 GB SSD with 1TB 5400 rpm storage. The graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce MX150 2 GB.
As far as connectivity is concerned, there are 2 USB 3.0 ports; 1 USB 2.0 port; 1 USB 3.1 port; one HDMI port; one combo jack for microphone and earphones; one SD card reader. It is supported by the Windows 10 OS. It includes a 42 Wh battery, which lasts about 3 hours for multitasking. It also includes a compact battery charger that can charge 60% capacity in 50 minutes, compensating for the small battery life.
Who is it for?
- Interior designers looking for a slim, compact, well-built notebook, offering solid performance at a reasonable price.
- Best option for those who want a nice, practical workbook with decent IPS screen; good keyboard; and well performing, fast hardware.
CUK ASUS VivoBook S510 Pros & Cons
- Premium look
- Good build
- Multiple connectivity ports
- Dull display
- Unimpressive battery life
Suitable for Interior Designers and Entertainment
Lenovo Flex 5
It is a 15.6 inches Full HD Touchscreen with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. The display is enabled with an Active Stylus pen. It is powered by the Intel Core i7-8550U and clocks at a speed of 2.7 GHz. The RAM is 16 GB DDR4 SDRAM, 2400 MHz. It is combined with the 2 GB NVIDIA, GeForce 940MX graphics card and comes with storage of 512 GB SSD. It is supported by the Windows 10 Home, 64 bit OS.
The dimensions are 21 x 12.6 x 3.1 inches and the weight is 6.6 pounds. As for connectivity, it has 2 USB 3.0 ports; one USB Type C 3.0 generation 1 port; one SD card reader; one HDMI port; one combo jack for headphone and microphone. However, the Ethernet adapter is necessary. Interior designers will find the backlit keyboard responsive and comfortable for typing in long stretches combined with a smooth and responsive touchpad. The battery life averages about 8 hours.
Who is it for?
- Interior designers who want to use a single notebook for work
- Suitable for those who want to give presentations; watch videos and movies and even play low-level games
- Useful for those making presentations with a 360-degree hinge and a large screen.
- Suitable for editing photos and videos but not meant for gaming.
- Ideal for those who want a viable alternative to a conventional, mainstream notebook, as it has a larger screen.
- Stereo speakers also make it ideal for listening to music and for movies.
Lenovo Flex 5 Pros & Cons
- Large display screen
- Good battery life
- Hybrid qualities of laptop and tablet
- Bulky as a tablet
- Screen not bright enough
Mid-Range with Solid traits for Interior Designers
Dell Inspiron 15 7577
This is a 15.6 inches Full HD laptop with a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels IPS with anti-glare and an LED, backlit screen display. It is a gaming as well as a multimedia workbook, in a sturdy metallic body with the latest hardware specifications. It is powered by the 7th generation Intel core i5-7300HQ processor clocking at a speed of 2.5 GHz that can be boosted up to 3.5 GHz in turbo mode. It comes with a RAM of 16 GB DDR4, 2400 RPM and a hard drive storage of 256 GB SSD along with 2 TB of hard drive. It is combined with a NVIDIA GeForce 1060, 6 GB graphics card that is VR ready.
It operates on the Windows 10 OS. The dimensions of the workbook are 10.8 x 15.2 x 1 inches and it weighs 5.64 pounds. As for connectivity, there are 3 USB 3.0 ports; 1 HDMI port; 1 RF45 LAN port; one combination jack for headphone and microphone and one HD Webcam. It is supported by the Windows 10 Home 64-bit version. The battery is 56 Wh and can offer around 4 hours of average use. There is a quick charging feature where you can charge up to 80% in an hour.
Who is it for?
- Interior designers looking for a laptop with a good build and design, as well as a solid performance
- Not suitable for those looking for a slim compact laptop, as it is quite chunky and heavy.
- Can also be used as a gaming laptop
- Those looking for a well-rounded workbook at a reasonable price tag.
Dell Inspiron 15 7577 Pros & Cons
- Power button with a fingerprint sensor
- Good viewing angles
- Very good gaming performance
- Devoid of USB Type-C port
- Sluggish card reader
Bold and Functional
Asus ROG G752VS
This is a huge 17.3 inches FHD system with a resolution of 1080 pixels suitable for interior designers. It is powered by the Intel i7-6700HQ quad-core chipset clocking at a speed ranging from 2.6 to 3.5 GHz. The RAM is 16 GB DDR4 and the hard drive storage is 1 TB 7200 RPM. It is combined with a dedicated NVIDIA GTX 1070 graphics card 8 GB. It runs on the Windows 10 OS.
The dimensions of the ASUS ROG G752VS are 4.7 x 6.2 x 1.2 inches and it weighs 5.9 pounds. As for ports, there are 3 3.5 mm audio jacks; one USB 3.1 type C port; 2 USB 3.0 type-A ports; one mini Display port 1.2; one HDMI 2.0 port; one Ethernet port on the right side of the laptop. On the left, there are two more USB 3.0 ports; one SD card reader; one optical drive.
Who is it for?
- Interior designers who want a large, clear, crisp screen and powerful, fast performance
- Those who want to use the laptop for their workplace and not while on the go. It’s not particularly portable.
- Suitable for gamers due to the superb performance of the graphics
- Users looking for a good balance between performance and affordability
Asus ROG G752VS Pros & Cons
- Solid gaming performance
- Good for multimedia tasks
- 120Hz refresh rate
- Quite heavy
- No RGB keyboard
Other laptops worth buying
One Of The Best Laptops For Interior Designers With Excellent Battery Back-up
Microsoft Surface Pro
Here comes the beast. I agree it is a bit pricey but equally admirable. It will give you a polished computing experience. There are various hierarchies in Microsoft Surface Pro in terms of the price, but this product is best suited for interior designers. Microsoft features a 7th generation Intel Core i7 Processor buckled with 16GB of RAM and 1TB of storage. The clock speed of the laptop is tremendously high with 4GHz. The unique selling point used by Microsoft in this product is its battery backup. Microsoft says it can stay on for many hours without any power backup.
Who is it for?
- Interior designers who need a loaded machine that can perform a variety of functions.
- Ideal for those who have been looking for a very good Windows hybrid system.
- The excellent keyboard makes it a highly suitable laptop for people who type extensively.
- It should work for people who are extremely particular about the look and design of their laptops.
Microsoft Surface Pro Pros & Cons
- Stable performance
- Stylish design
- Great display screen
- No USB-C port
One of the Best Laptops For Designers With Retina Display
Apple MacBook Pro MLW72LL/A
Apple never remains behind any other electronic device in any field. Because of its own hardware as well as software, in fact, the Apple MacBook Pro is superior to all. This device comes with two variants, one is of shorter size with 256GB capacity while another one is a bit bigger with 512 GB of capacity. The device is powered by a 2.6 GHZ quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz) and the 16 GB LPDDR3 RAM works very swimmingly with its IOS operating system. The excellence of Intel HD graphics 530 and Retina display is beyond praise.
Who is it for?
- The smooth keyboard makes it a must-buy for someone who engages in a lot of typing work.
- The aluminum finish should appeal to interior designers who value aesthetics.
- The terrific display screen makes it a good option for those who watch a lot of video content.
- Ideal for people who prefer a fingerprint sensor on their devices.
Apple MacBook Pro MLW72LL/A Pros & Cons
- Supremely comfortable keyboard
- Very good retina display
- Features four thunderbolt ports
- Not compatible with Wi-Fi 6
Best Interior Designer Laptop With Great Display
Dell Precision M5510 laptop
This computer is indeed made purely for a business purpose; therefore, you can count on it for interior designing. The computer comes with the Intel Core i7 6820 HQ processor clocked at 3.6GHz. The 16GB 2133MHz DDR4 RAM of the laptop is also pretty impressive. Besides, you will get NVIDIA Quadro M1000M 2GB GDDR5 graphics card. Not to mention, you will get brilliant 15.6” screen of UHD variant.
Who is it for?
- Ideal for interior designers because of its excellent multimedia based functions like 3D simulation.
- The 4K display screen makes it a suitable laptop for people who spend hours watching video content.
- Its brushed metallic finish should attract people who would like to own a visually appealing device.
- With just 1.7 kg of weight, it is very convenient to carry it around.
Dell Precision M5510 laptop Pros & Cons
- 4K display
- Appealing design
- Multi-touch function
- Price on the higher side
- Webcam position
One Of The Best Looking Laptop For Interior Designer
ASUS ZenBook Pro UX501VW laptop
The ASUS devices always have edge over any other laptops. This laptop has a very powerful Intel Skylake Core i7-6700HQ which is clocked at 2.6 GHz quad-core CPU. Intriguingly, at turbo mode, it can go up to 3.5 GHz. The laptop has an abundant memory of 16GB DDR4 RAM makes the entire work buttery smooth. Coming to screen quality, you will get the best quality glass i.e. 15.6” Touch IPS 4k Ultra-HD display. The storage, as well as graphics card, is perfect on this machine; it has 512GB of SSD storage along with NVIDIA GTX960M GPU. This is our best choice when comes to interior designing.
Who is it for?
- The design of the laptop is apt for people who look for space to rest their palms on.
- The 2.1 mm long distance between the keys makes it ideal for people who indulge in heavy typing work.
- Suitable for tech-savvy interior designers as it features an ultra-sensitive touchpad, multi-touch and two-finger scrolling functions.
- The spacious touch-enabled screen which boasts of 3840 x 2160 resolution is ideal for video and photo editors.
ASUS ZenBook Pro UX501VW laptop Pros & Cons
- Stylish metal chassis
- Solid battery life
- Nvidia graphics
- Relatively heavy
- Lack of configuration options
Best Laptop For Interior Designers With Great Storage Option
HP ZBook Flagship edition laptop
Its features are equivalent to any other laptop at this price range. The HP common body design can be seen in this laptop too but with better performance than others. The laptop has a big storage of 1TB along with 16GB GDDR5 of RAM. The 2.4GHz with Intel Core i7-5500U Dual-core processor is quite praiseworthy. You will love to work with the 15.6” Active Matrix TFT Color LCD Full HD display coupled with AMD FirePro M4170 (1 GB GDDR5 dedicated) and HD Graphics 5500.
Who is it for?
- Interior designers who expect fast performance from their laptop, should benefit from the Intel Core i7 processor.
- The easily removable panel should suit very well for people who would like to tweak the hardware a bit at times.
- The backlit keys built with magnesium are ideal for people who type a lot.
- Audiophiles who want to invest in a laptop that offers good quality sound.
HP ZBook Flagship edition laptop Pros & Cons
- Super-impressive build
- Strong performance
- Low battery life
- No touch-screen
The Best Laptop For Interior Designers With Excellent Performance
Acer Aspire R 15 Convertible laptop
This is the most stylish product you will ever get on Amazon store. The convertible laptop is very handy to use. Its specifications match perfectly with the need of the interior designers. As per the requirement, it consists of 7th generation Intel Core i7-7500U processor with up to 3.5 GHz tremendous clock speed. Again, this laptop comes with very elegant 15.6” full HD display with multi-touch widescreen. The graphics card on the laptop is really commendable; it comprises NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2GB of dedicated GDDRS VRAM for a quality experience.
Who is it for?
- Ideal for interior designers who need a laptop that can double as a tablet when they are traveling.
- Suitable for those who like working on a bright and colorful display screen.
- The promptly responsive and sturdy keyboard caters to the needs of typists wonderfully.
- The multiple connectivity ports make it an ideal device for people who use multiple peripherals while working.
Acer Aspire R 15 Convertible laptop Pros & Cons
- Works both as a laptop and a tablet
- Colorful display
- Responsive keyboard
- Hard drive gets slow
- Lots of bloatware
Best Laptop For Interior Designers With Massive Storage Capacity
Dell Inspiron i5378-7171GRY 13.3 FHD 2-in-1 laptop
The full HD display on the laptop is, in fact, obligatory for interior designers. The laptop is packed with the agility of the 7th generation Intel Core i7-7500U processor with up to 3.5 GHz clock speed. The 8GB of RAM can handle many of your arduous work without any hassle though; you can expand it up to 16GB. The device comes with 256 GB of massive storage where you don’t need to worry about the shortage of memory. This laptop supports Windows 10 operating system which is indeed the best that Microsoft has ever made.
Who is it for?
- The fact that it is a portable device makes it very suitable for interior designers who meet clients outside their office frequently.
- Those who use their laptop as their primary storage device should benefit immensely from the huge storage space it offers.
- The sensitive touchscreen works well for people who wish to utilize minimal manual effort.
- Suitable for those who need a laptop for regular office work.
Dell Inspiron i5378-7171GRY 13.3 FHD 2-in-1 laptop Pros & Cons
- Compact and powerful
- Large storage capacity
- Well-finished chassis
- No optical drive
- Slightly heavy
Best Cheapest Laptop For Interior Designers
ASUS P-Series P2540UA-AB51 Business Standard Laptop
If you are a guy who wants to spend a moderate amount of money then this deal best suited for you. The laptop meets the entire standard that an interior designer needs. The laptop comes with 7th Generation Intel Core i5 7200U dual-core processor running with the 8GB of RAM. The best thing about this PC is that it carries 1TB of gigantic storage which saves your money as you won’t need to buy any other hard disc drive. Of course, this laptop possesses a Full HD display for your fine work in colors. You will get four USB ports out of which three are of 3.0 variant.
Who is it for?
- Ideal for people who have been looking for a versatile business laptop.
- The long-lasting battery coupled with upgraded software makes it a very good laptop for interior designers.
- The full high-definition screen would be a delight for gamers and video content consumers.
- Suitable for people who use their laptops primarily for professional activities.
ASUS P-Series P2540UA-AB51 Business Standard Laptop Pros & Cons
- The battery lasts for 9+ hours
- Vast number of features
- Has fingerprint scanner
- No USB-C port
- Sluggish hard drive
Frequently Asked Questions
Should the laptop for interior designers be 3D ready?
Inclusion of 3D viewing of images like 360° viewing is useful on laptops for interior designers. This will not be easy to see in practice since you will need special software and 3D viewing spectacles. It may still not be the real 3D. You have to look for other options.
How critical is security for laptops for interior designers?
Security is important for any connected device, laptop, PC, mobile or tablet. In the case of the laptops for interior designers, it becomes more critical. The reason for this is that their work involves a lot of confidentiality. They would not want anyone to access their unique interior design ideas since their business depends on delivering unique designs. So, insist on top-flight security for your laptop for interior designers. You can have facial ID for allowing access to the laptop or fingerprint sensor at least.
Are laptops for interior designers good for playing videos?
All laptops can play videos. Some of the latest ones come with the capability to play 4K videos. It is a different matter that there are not sufficient videos recorded in 4K. As for the laptop for interior designers, in most cases, they are capable of running videos. Interior designers may have some additional requirements, which the present technology provides.
Do you need a powerful laptop to play games on it?
Video games come in different genres and the graphics in them vary. The higher the graphics, the more power they will consume from the laptop’s engines, the processor and GPU. This is why it becomes difficult to recommend all laptops for playing games across the board. You have to check the requirements.
Can the battery be easily replaced on all laptops?
Laptop designs have changed over the years. The current generation of laptops come with sealed batteries. This means you have to open the rear panel to take the battery out from the slot and replace it. This is not a very difficult thing to do. There are still laptops in the market which have an easy snap-out battery.
While selecting laptops for their professional tasks, interior designers must pay heed to the following aspects. For instance, the laptop must be powered by a multi-core processor, such as the i7 6300HQ or the i7 5500U. There should also be enough free space in the hard disc, with a minimum of 10 GB. The RAM requirements are a minimum of 8 GB RAM DDR3 or DDR4. The laptop must run on Windows 7 at the minimum. In the case of Mac OS devices, it should run on Mac OS 10.10. As for the graphics card, it is preferable to have a dedicated graphics card with 512 MB, at the least. The screen display should have a minimum resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
An interior designer can check out all these options in the above list of laptops, all of which offer a powerful performance that is suitable for running different design apps.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.