If you are looking for the best laptop for fashion designing, you will need a stylish, colorful, and top quality one. You will need a laptop that has a high RAM and a fast processor for storing designs, articles, patterns, and pictures. Style and design are also essential for your laptop as these are the essentials in the fashion industry and are features that you must prioritize in your selection. Fashion designers need a powerful and portable laptop with good battery life to run programs like Photoshop and Adobe Premiere as well as be able to work on the go. Such laptops for designers are not cheap, as they combine powerful specifications with attractive looks in a thin and portable frame. Let’s check out some of the best laptops for fashion designers here!
Creative people are rather keen on not allowing hardware constraints to affect their creations. While going for the best and most powerful laptop is what any fashion designer would want, some specific features could make your designing job easier while maintaining that professionalism factor.
- Display size – An obvious requirement is to have the largest display possible but it will affect the compactness and make it difficult to move the laptop around. If you can strike a fine balance between the size of the display and the hardware components to handle your apps, it would be good.
- Graphics card – A graphics card is an essential component in any laptop that is meant for designers or content creators. When you are planning to use software programs such as Adobe Suite, CoralDraw or other drawing apps, they can’t just run on the laptop’s normal processing capacity, which is why a built-in or individual graphics card is needed.
- The number of ports – Being a fashion designer, you may be required to add multiple external components such as an external hard drive, a drawing board, a touch display, etc. The number of ports on your laptop should be sufficient to support your productivity because it is not fun to use multiple extension adapters.
- Stylish finish – While it is not as important as other elements, a fashion designer needs inspiration and a plain black laptop would never do that trick. Go for a colorful, sleek and stylish laptop that would inspire you to get more work done. It may also act as a tool to boost and energize your creative mind when you work.
- Color accuracy – The display should be capable of showcasing accurate colors so that the designs you create are natural and are not biased towards a particular color palette. Otherwise, it would look odd on other displays.
New Levels of Performance and Portability for Fashion Designers
Apple MacBook Pro, 13.3 inches, Silver
The MacBook Pro continues to find favor with fashion designers. That is because it is a stylish laptop and boasts of a stunning Retina display with a high resolution and therefore highly recommended for fashion designing professionals. A Touch Bar along with Touch ID are other useful features for enhancing productivity. Siri – the intelligent, virtual assistant is ever-helpful for opening apps, finding documents, and answering your questions.
The MacBook Pro is powered by a quad-core, 8th Gen Intel Core i5 chipset clocking at a speed of 1.4 GHz with a Turbo Boost up to 3.9 GHz. It has a 128 MB eDRAM. Its Retina display features True Tone technology. The screen size is 13.3 inches with LED-backlit display using IPS technology and having a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels.
As for the graphics card, it has an Intel Iris Plus 645 card, useful for accelerating graphics tasks and assisting professionals in creating amazing work. The hard drive is an Ultrafast SSD with 256 GB memory useful for running several professional apps. For connectivity purposes, 3 USB-C type ports that offer charging support, one DisplayPort, Thunderbolt up to 40 Gbps and one USB 3.1 Gen 2, up to 10 Gbps are available.
Who Should Buy This?
- Fashion designers who are looking for a stylish laptop.
- Fashion designers who want excellent niche apps suited for their profession such as, Sketch – that is available only for Mac.
- Those who want a heavy-duty laptop with high performing processor, memory, advanced graphics, and storage.
Apple MacBook Pro, 13.3 inches Laptop Pros & Cons
- Too light to carry around
- Reliable & speedy performance
- Powerful integrated graphics
- T2 chip for safety against hacks
- Screen with clarity and accuracy
- Most suited for photoshop & designing
- Most suited for photoshop & designing
- Storage is not upgradable
- Lack of connectivity ports
Stunning Fashion Statement for Fashion Designers
Dell XPS 9370, 13.3 inches, Rose Gold
It comes in a new rose, gold, and white color making a strong fashion statement. It is touted as the world’s smallest 13 inches laptop. The display screen is a 4K Ultra HD, 13.3 inches with a screen resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels and featuring an InfinityEdge Touch.
It is powered by the Intel Core 8th Gen i7-8550U chipset, quad-core with 8 MB Cache and clocking up to a maximum of 4.0 GHz. The RAM has 8 GB LPDDR3 2133 MHz memory.
The hard drive memory size is 8 GB LPDDR3 2133 with an SSD hard disk size of 256 GB PCle. It operates on the Windows 10 Home OS. The dimensions are 0.46 x 11.9 x 7.8 inches (HWD) and it weighs 2.67 lbs.
It features a widescreen HD, 720 pixels web camera and is compliant with Windows Hello. The power button is integrated with the fingerprint reader. The touchpad is smooth and responsive with the full support of Windows Precision Touchpad. It ships with the 52 WHr unit battery which lasts around 10 hours. The Dell XPS 9370 is ultra-thin, fast, and lasts when on the go.
Who Should Buy This?
- Fashion designers who want to make a stunning fashion statement with an elegant and compactly designed laptop, backed by a powerful performance.
- Those who want a sturdy yet trim, gorgeous, and ultra-portable, professional laptop.
Dell XPS 9370, 13.3 inches Laptop Pros & Cons
- Sophisticated build quality
- Minimal size and minimal weight
- Ultra-fast SSD
- Crystal clear screen with 1080p display
- Backlit Chiclet keyboard
- Smoothly working touchscreen
- Simplifies the needs of designing professionals
- Low battery life
- Misplaced camera
- Fan becomes noisy
Attractive and Distinct Design for Fashion Designers
ASUS ZenBook 13.3 inches, Royal Blue
It has a sleek and compact design with a sharp display. All the edges have NanoEdge bezels, thereby offering a larger screen with a smaller footprint. It is lightweight and ergonomic, with the keyboard being at a slight incline, making it comfortable to type on. The all-metal body features a MIL-STD 810G military standard for durability.
The display is 13.3 inches of wide view with full HD 4-way NanoEdge bezel display sporting a 95% screen to body ratio, featuring a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The dimensions are 11.9 x 7.4 x 0.7 inches and it is sleek and lightweight being just 2.6 lbs. Visuals are powerful, immersive, and absolutely breath-taking, with ultra-slim bezels that are a mere 2.8 mm thin on the sides and 3.3 mm at the base with 5.9 mm on the top for accommodating the camera.
The ASUS ZenBook is powered by the Intel Core i7-8565u quad-core chipset, clocking up to a maximum of 4.6 GHz. The storage is quite large with a memory of 512 GB PCleNVMe SSD combined with a RAM of 16 GB DDR4. It is supported by the Intel HD GPU. It operates on the Windows 10 Professional.
The touchpad offers dual functions and can be switched from a numeric one to a data entry one, thereby enhancing productivity. The hinge has been designed ergonomically with ErgoLift to increase your comfort while typing. The tilt also enhances the audio and cooling system. There is a built-in IR camera with face recognition features and it offers support for Windows Hello enabling easy sign in.
Who Should Buy This?
- Fashion designers looking for an attractive and distinct premium design, combined with great performance at a reasonable price.
- Those who want a powerful, compact, and ergonomic laptop that they can use for discovering their creative power.
ASUS ZenBook 13.3 inches, Laptop Pros & Cons
- Solid construction & military-grade tests certified
- Frameless NanoEdge display
- Convenient for transportation
- Backlit keyboard for low light environment
- Premium functionality with 512 GB SSD
- Super quick file transfers
- No fingerprint scanner & touchscreen
- No USB C port
- Trackpad freezes occasionally
- Poor connectivity
Good Looks and Power for Fashion Designers
Microsoft Surface Pro 6, 12.3 inches, Platinum
It is one of the best mainstream hybrid laptops that offer good value for money and can be used in three different modes – as a laptop, a tablet, and a studio. It is a hybrid notebook offering the versatility of a laptop and a tablet. It is ultra-slim, light-weight and portable with a full-day battery life of up to 13.5 hours video playback. It can be used in the laptop mode by opening the kickstand. Close it and remove the Type Cover for a stand-alone tablet mode or lower the kickstand to use for drawing and writing with the Surface Pen.
The Surface Pro 6 is powered by the 8th Gen Intel Core processor, Intel Core i5 chipset and it has a RAM of 8 GB. The hard drive storage is 128 GB SSD. The display screen is 10 inches of PixelSense technology. The dimensions are 11.5 x 7.9 x 0.33 inches and it weighs 3.5 lbs. It is supported by the Windows 10 Home in S Mode OS.
It is filled with fun features, such as an easy sign-in using Windows Hello, an intelligent assistant called Cortana, etc. It is useful for fashion designers, as they can work smarter using powerful inking capabilities, write and draw naturally and precisely using the stylus and erase as they want.
Who Should Buy This?
- Fashion designers who want a solid Windows laptop combining good looks with lots of power and functionality.
- Those who want a powerful and reliable laptop for productivity on the go. Suitable for professionals, creative workers, and students.
Microsoft Surface Pro 6, 12.3 inch Laptop Pros & Cons
- Great adaptability for different work modes
- Super-sleek HD screen
- Sufficiently powerful for drawing & sketching work
- Image and audio quality are top-notch
- Consistent performance
- Inadequate connection ports
- Slight heating issues on long usage
Multi-tasker and Seamless Performer for Fashion Designers
Lenovo Yoga 730, 15.6 inches, Black
The Lenovo Yoga 730 is a well-designed multi-tasker offering a seamless performance. It has a great design combined with powerful specifications. It is a touch screen laptop with a 360 degrees flip-and-fold design.
It runs on Windows 10 Home 64 bits OS and is powered by the 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8265U mobile processor, with a RAM of 12 GB backed by a 256 GB PCle SSD. The graphics processor is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 with Intel integrated graphics. The processor turns this laptop into a great performer when multi-tasking, without lags and drags, making it capable of handling even heavy-duty tasks like 4K footage editing and playing games at a high refresh rate. The Lenovo Yoga 730 also excels at quick data transfers from an external device, such as a hard drive or a USB.
As for ports, there are 2 USB 3.0 Type-A ports, 1 USB 3.1 Type C port, one HDMI, and 1 Thunderbolt 3 port. The dimensions are 19.5 x 12.5 x 3.8 inches and the weight is 6.45 lbs. The display screen is 15.6 inches UHD with a screen resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels having IPS touchscreen support. It features a wide-angle display having thin bezels of 5.9 mm.
Who Should Buy This?
- Fashion designers who want an elegantly designed laptop with great performing prowess.
- Those who want a beautifully designed laptop that features cutting edge specifications.
- Professionals who want a laptop with a great body and a superior design, with detailed and crisp screen display.
Lenovo yoga 730, 15.6 inch Laptop Pros & Cons
- Versatile multitasking machine
- 360-degree hinge for creative work mode
- Thunderbolt 3 port
- Inclusion of stylus
- Affordable price
- No SD card reader
- Reflective screen
- Short battery life
For Creative Professionals and Fashion Designers
Samsung Notebook 9 Pen, 15 inches, Blue
It is a 2-in-1 laptop targeted at creative professionals who would like the flexibility of a laptop combined with a pen-enabled tablet. The laptop comes included with an S Pen – an active stylus that fashion designers can use for drawing and writing on the full HD display of the hybrid laptop. The stylus comes with 3 different tips and does not require charging, and it can be stored in the laptop body itself. There is also a handwriting recognition feature for converting notes into text and transforming sketches into diagrams, take screen clippings, etc. The S Pen offers great precision, detecting 4096 pressure levels.
The design is a convertible laptop in Ocean Blue color combined with a yellow S Pen. The display screen is 13.3 inches Full HD. It is powered by the efficient and powerful Intel 8th Gen i7 Intel Core i7-8565U chipset clocking at a speed of 1.8 GHz. This is combined with a system memory RAM of 16 GB LPDDR3 x 1 with a storage of 512 GB PCle SSD. For graphics, it has an integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620.
The display screen is 15 inches FHD, LED, with a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The dimensions are 13.7 x 9.02 x 0.67 inches and it weighs 7.83 lbs. The battery is a fast-charging one that can last up to 15 hours. For audio, there are dual 5W speakers tuned with AKG amps for offering a powerful, cinematic quality of sound for movies and shows. Cortana, the intelligent assistant is available for voice instructions and enabling precise tasks easily.
Who Should Buy This?
- It is a laptop for creative professionals and fashion designers, having a premium design and excellent S Pen functionalities.
- Those who want a sleek, stylish, and versatile convertible laptop with a stylus, useful for presentation displays, entertainment, and browsing using a touchscreen.
Samsung Notebook 9 Pen, 15 inch Laptop Pros & Cons
- 360-degree flexibility for varying purposes
- Enormous productivity with 8th Gen i7 processor
- Integral S Pen for illustration purposes
- Sufficient battery life for a whole day
- Quick charging
- Misplaced speakers
- Not suitable for gaming
- Random resets occur
Ultraportable Touchscreen for Fashion Designers
Lenovo ThinkPad Carbon X1, 13 inches
The Lenovo ThinkPad Carbon X1 Gen 7 is an ultra-portable professional laptop with a gorgeous HDR enabled, 4K glossy screen. It is a sturdy laptop with MIL-STD 810G certification. It is lightweight and well-built with good security features and excellent speakers. Lenovo has also implemented an Eye Care mode, whereby the blue light on its screen is reduced. This is quite a useful feature for those wanting to work at night.
It is powered by the Intel Core i7 8650U clocking at a speed of 1.9 GHz and combined with a RAM of 8 GB LPDDR3 SDRAM, with hard drive storage of 256 GB SSD and a memory speed of 2133 MHz. It is supported by the Windows 10 Pro 64 bits edition. The graphics co-processor is an Intel UHD Graphics 620. As for ports, there are 2 USB 3.0 ports.
The display screen is 13 inches, IPS, LED-backlit. It has a touch screen with a resolution of 3000 x 2000 QHD. The dimensions of the Lenovo ThinkPad Carbon X1 are 12 x 8.9 x 0.4 inches and it weighs 2.8 lbs. It is sturdy and capable of surviving a drop or taking some knocks. PrivacyGuard is a top security feature, which reduces the viewing angles of the screen so that others sitting nearby are not able to see what is on the screen. It offers support for the Rapid Charge feature as well.
Who Should Buy This?
- Fashion designers who want a thin, light but a sturdy laptop with plenty of features and powerful performance.
- Those who are looking for power, combined with productivity and portability in a premium 2-in-1 laptop.
- For professionals on the go, who want an ultra-portable laptop with excellent security features. Suitable for high-end ultra-portable computing.
Lenovo ThinkPad CarbonX1, 13 inch Laptop Pros & Cons
- Bright, sharp and responsive screen
- Flexible kickstand
- Ultra-speed performance for better productivity
- Comfortable and tactile keyboard
- Connectivity for eGPU for great graphics
- Shorter battery life
- Open for scratches
Essential Productivity Laptop for Fashion Designers
Dell XPS 15 9570, 15.6 inches, Black
It comes fashionably designed with InfinityEdge bezels around the screen. The display screen is 15.6 inches, a touch screen with InfinityEdge and 4K Ultra HD features, and a screen resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels. The 4K display is dazzling, making it easy for fashion designers to edit images accurately without any blur. The anti-reflective screen is beautiful from all angles. It is touch-friendly, and enables easy tapping, swiping, and pinching around the screen for easy interaction with technology. The keyboard is a standard backlit one that offers illumination for productivity even in low light or no-light conditions.
The Dell XPS 15 9570 is powered by the 8th generation, Intel Core i7-8750H processor, clocking at a speed of 2.2 GHz, with 9 MB Cache, and with a boost of up to 4.20 GHz. It is supported by the 4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card. It has a RAM of 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM with a memory speed of 2666 MHz and an SSD of 1TB.
For ports, it has 1 USB C with Thunderbolt 3, 2 USB 3.0 ports, 1 HDMI port, and 1 headset jack. The dimensions are 9.27 x 14.06 x 0.66 inches and it weighs 4 lbs. It is supported by the Windows 10 Home OS. The battery is 97 WHr. It is good with up to 20 hours of life.
Who Should Buy This?
- Fashion designers who want a small, light, well designed, and portable performance-driven laptop.
- Those who want to blaze through intensive tasks quickly and efficiently.
- For creative designers who can take advantage of the fast 4K video editing.
- Those who want plenty of storage with high performance and responsiveness for running apps quickly.
Dell XPS 15 9570, 15.6 inch Laptop Pros & Cons
- 4K display for detailed image viewing
- Maximized screen space with ultra-slim bezels
- 8th Gen i7 processor for intensive tasks
- Backlit keyboard
- Great connectivity
- Problematic hard drive
- Freezes occasionally
Elegance with Serious Specs for Fashion Designers
Lenovo Yoga 920, 13.9 inches, Bronze
The Lenovo Yoga 920 is an elegant and remarkable 2-in-1 laptop for professionals and fashion designers. It can be transformed into a tablet and comes in a slim and lovely design. The quality of sound output is also good. The display screen is 13.9 inches IPS touchscreen with hands-on control feature, FHD, with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and LED backlight.
The device is powered by the Intel Core i7-8550U mobile processor, clocking at a speed of 1.8 GHz with a Turbo boost up to 4 GHz, and a 4 MB Cache. It is combined with an Intel UHD Graphics 620 and a RAM of 8 GB DDR4. The hard drive storage is 256 GB PCle SSD. It is supported by Windows 10 Home OS and has been created for Windows Ink with Lenovo Active Pen 2 stylus being available with the device.
It has a flip and fold design and is 0.5 inches thin weighing 3.02 lbs. The dimensions are 12.7 x 8.8 x 0.5 inches. As for the ports, there are 2 Thunderbolt USB Type C ports, 1 USB 3.0 port, and a Thunderbolt port to connect with an advanced monitor or an external drive. It has a headphone and microphone combination jack. The Yoga 920 has an ultra-portable design with a 4-cell lithium-ion battery, a small screen with no DVD or CD drive, to have a compact form factor. It features a built-in HD web camera having 4 microphones.
Who Should Buy This?
- Fashion designers who want a gorgeous and powerful 2-in-1 laptop.
- The system memory is suitable for those who want to do gaming and intense multitasking.
- Those who want a laptop with other modes such as tablet, tent, and stand mode.
Lenovo Yoga 920, 13.9 inch Laptop Pros & Cons
- Perfectly balanced style & performance
- Quick to boot up & shutdown
- Highly flexible hinges
- Good audio quality
- Overheating issues
- No built-in SD card reader
Lightweight Design with Vivid Display for Fashion Designers
ASUS Zenbook UX360CA 13.3 inches, Gray
It is a convertible 2-in-1 device with dimensions of 12.71 x 8.66 x 0.54 inches. This ASUS Zenbook is thin, light, and portable with a weight of 2.8 lbs. The display screen is 13.3 inches with Full HD IPS touch screen having a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, offering support for 10 finger multi-touch. The touchscreen produces vivid colors with wide viewing angles.
It is powered by the Intel Core m3-6Y30 900 MHz, a dual-core processor, clocking at a speed of 0.9 GHz, which can go up to a maximum of 2.2 GHz with Turbo Boost.
It has a dual-core processor with a RAM of 8 GB LPDDR3, a memory speed of 1866 MHz, and hard drive storage of 256 GB SSD. This is combined with an integrated Intel HD Graphics 515 graphics co-processor. It is supported by the Windows 10 Home OS.
For ports, there is 1 USB Type C, 2 USB 3.0, and 1 HDMI port along with one headphone-microphone combo jack. The battery is a 3-cell 54 WHr, lithium polymer one with a life of up to 12 hours.
Who Should Buy This?
- Fashion designers who want a laptop with a lightweight design, having a vivid display and great battery life with decent performance.
- Those who want a 2-in-1 laptop and tablet offering good value for money.
ASUS ZenBook UX360CA 13.3 inch Laptop Pros & Cons
- A perfect combo of tab & laptop
- Stunning visual experience
- Super quick processor for on-the-go computing
- Longer battery life
- Good keyboard interface
- Faulty hinge
- Not suitable for power users
- Inadequate volume
- Misplaced power button
Thin and Light with Excellent Processing Power for Fashion Designers
ASUS Zenbook Pro 15.6 inches, Black
The ASUS Zenbook Pro is a thin and light laptop with a brilliant 4K screen display. It also comes with a unique touchpad that can double as a second display screen. The main display screen is a UHD 4K touch display of 15.6 inches, with 83% screen to body ratio and NanoEdge bezels, with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels. The touchpad is oversized and can be used as a full HD touch screen, termed as the ScreenPad. It’s a full HD panel with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
The device is powered by the Intel 8th Gen Core i7-8750HK chipset, with a Cache of 8 MB and clocking at a speed of 2.2 GHz, going up to a maximum of 4.8 GHz. This is coupled with an NVIDIA GeForce CTX1050Ti graphics card offering a seamless playback of 4K video and photo editing features. The RAM is 16 GB LPDDR4 with a memory speed of 2133 MHz and the hard disk size is 512 GB.
The ASUS Zenbook Pro has a solid aluminum body with rose/gold edges complementing the deep blue body, offering perfect aesthetics for fashion designers. It also has a high capacity 71 WHr battery that lasts up to 9.5 hours. The USB ports incorporate Thunderbolt 3 technology resulting in faster connections. It also offers support for power delivery and a dual 4K UHD external display for maximum productivity. The dimensions of the ASUS Zenbook Pro are 14.4 x 9.9 x 0.7 inches and it weighs 4.2 lbs. It is supported by the Windows 10 Pro OS.
Who Should Buy This?
- Fashion designers who would like to use a powerful yet light device with two touch screens.
- Those who want a high-end laptop, both beautiful and powerful, as a replacement for a desktop.
ASUS Zenbook Pro 15.6 inch Laptop Pros & Cons
- Superior aesthetics
- Accurate image details
- The backlit keyboard works well
- Hassle-free connectivity
- SSD with blazing speed
- Thermal control is good
- Limited battery life
- Buzzing sound while running tasks
Super Colorful Display with Solid Performance for Fashion Designers
HP Spectre x360, 15.6 inches, Black
The display is a super colorful 4K and it has an aluminum build with an aesthetic and elegant look. The HP Spectre x360 is designed to bring out the style of fashion designers. The dimensions are 9.84 x 14.2 x 0.8 inches and it weighs 4.78 lbs. The display on the 15.6 inches diagonal 4K, IPS, anti-glare, WLED backlit and micro-edge touch screen, has a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels.
The HP Spectre x360 is powered by the Intel Core i7 8565U, clocking at a base speed of 1.8 GHz and going up to a maximum of 4.6 GHz using the Intel Turbo Boost Technology. It has a Cache of 8 MB with 4 cores. The RAM is 16 GB DDR4-2400 (2 x 8 GB) and the hard drive is 512 GB PCle. It is combined with an NVIDIA GeForce MX150, 2 GB GDDR5 dedicated graphics card. It is supported by the Windows 10 Home 64 bits OS.
It comes with an HP Stylus Pen having 2 programmable buttons. The battery life of 8 hours is stellar, considering that it has a 4K display screen and a discrete graphics card. It features all the hallmarks of a premium laptop – strong performance and a colorful 4K display panel, comfortable keyboard with decent battery life, all topped by a graceful design.
Who Should Buy This?
- Fashion designers who want a laptop 2-in-1 with a super colorful display combined with solid performance and great battery life.
- Those who want a multi-purpose, premium design, powerful 2-in-1 laptop at a competitive price.
HP Spectre x360, 15.6 inch Laptop Pros & Cons
- Superfast fingerprint reader & facial recognition
- Aids for image editing on-the-go
- Loading speed is great
- 4K HD streaming
- Inclusion of number pad
- Battery life is not impressive
- Bit heavier to carry
- Folding back is bit clumsy
- Overheating problems
Sturdy with a Touch of Flair for Fashion Designers
HP ZBook 15u G5, 15.6 inches, Silver
The display screen of the HP ZBook is 15.6 inches of Full HD with LED backlight and ultra-wide viewing angles in an anti-glare and slim design. The resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels on the Full HD touchscreen.
It is powered by the 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8550U, quad-core chipset clocking at a base speed of 1.80 GHz, which can go to a maximum of 4.0 GHz, with a SmartCache of 8 MB. The RAM is 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory and the hard drive memory is 256 GB PCle SSD. It is combined with an AMD Radeon Pro WX3100 with 2 GB GDDR5 VRAM graphics co-processor. It has 1 Thunderbolt 3, 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 docking connector, 1 HDMI 1.4 port, 1 DisplayPort and 2 integrated speakers, with 3 integrated microphones, and one slot for headphone-microphone jacks, with a Smart Card slot. It is supported by Windows 10 Pro OS.
The dimensions are 9.9 x 14.6 x 0.7 inches and it weighs 3.89 lbs. It offers support for a password-free sign-in to Windows Hello using the fingerprint reader or the face-recognizing web camera.
Who Should Buy This?
- Fashion designers who want a sturdy laptop with a touch of flair.
- Those who want an outstanding, flexible, and powerful mobile workstation in a small and light form factor.
HP ZBook 15u, G5, 15.6 inch Laptop Pros & Cons
- Excellent retention of speed
- Durable design
- Multiple editing apps work simultaneously
- Full HD anti-glare screen
- Safe working with security features
- Storage is not adequate
- No DVD writer
- Battery life is limited
How important is the display in a laptop made for designers?
The display is the key accessory where you will view all your creations. Make sure it doesn’t have a blue tint or any other color issues. The displays that have Adobe RGB certification or sRGB color accuracy is usually the best pick for fashion designers.
Can I go for a touchscreen laptop?
For professionals who need a drawing board, there are dedicated brands that make touchscreen boards that are bundled with a stylus. They can be easily attached to your laptop in the USB port. A laptop with a touchscreen may not feature the best hardware components unless you invest in an expensive model but buying them separately is more feasible for most.
What is the best laptop for fashion designers overall?
The Apple MacBook Pro is definitely an amazing pick overall because of the processor used in it, the laptop’s build quality and the exclusive software programs available only on a Macintosh machine. While it does fall under the expensive category, most laptops meant for professionals will be on a similar price range because of the internal components.
Can you suggest the minimum resolution I should go for?
A Full HD, 1920×1080 resolution is the minimum in this digital era where 4K and 8K are becoming more common. Any resolution below the 1080p is considered too low for a designer because you are expected to deliver quality content for your clients and customers or even for studies.
Are portable laptops powerful enough?
The most popular options are the Microsoft Surface Pro and the Lenovo Ideapad among other branded laptops. They are hybrid models in which you can attach or detach the keyboard to use its touchscreen wherever you go. They are powerful and justify the price tag but you should pair it up with a desktop for more productivity.
Check out the above selection of the best laptops for fashion designers and take your pick based on important criteria of your choice. The SSD must be thin and lightweight, as projects can be launched much faster, so something around 256 GB and above should be suitable. As for graphics, search for a built-in Intel Iris graphics, NVIDIA GeForce graphics card. A touch screen laptop where you can zoom and scroll using your fingertips would be useful especially when working with your team or doing presentations. You can take total control over the fashion designing stuff with these laptops.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.