If you’re a DJ, an aspiring DJ or a music creator, you will need the best pair of headphones. More importantly, you will also need laptops that are suitable for producing music. While selecting a laptop, pay attention to the processor and the RAM, as you need the best possible ones. This is important for handling several music tracks simultaneously. The hard drive capacity is also important, as the file sizes may be large. Besides, you need good inbuilt speakers. Anyway, you may have to connect with external speakers, so check out the connectivity options for these Here are some of the best laptops for DJs. We have included the Amazon link, the price, the necessary specifications and other details to make your choice easier. So, let’s check out the best option for laptops for music creators. When we created the list, some of the things that we kept in mind are:
Disc Jockeys or DJs would need a powerful laptop in their hands when they are going about conducting music at events and gatherings. From the information provided in the above section, you might now be aware of the factors significant to laptops for DJs. There is a need to delve a little deeper into some of the points and on other technical specs as well. The ultimate choice rests with you, the user.
- Processor: Look for the latest generation processor in the laptop for DJs. An Intel Core i7 7th or 8th generation would be a good choice. As you navigate through your files with video and audio tracks, you would want the processor to smoothen the path for you.
- RAM: A minimum of 8GB RAM is essential to support the processor. You may even select a laptop that comes with 8GB RAM now but with a provision to expand to 16GB later.
- Graphics: The laptop for DJs should preferably have good graphics support as well. As the music plays on the audio, the equalizer may be displayed on the screen. Check if the graphics support is good on the model you are about to order.
- Display: The requirement for a better display has been explained above. You should check the size of the display and the screen resolution. If you get a 15.6-inch display and a full HD screen resolution the laptop should be quite good for use by DJs.
- Audio: You would want the native audio on the laptop to be great. There is no doubt external speakers will be connected, but you must have good quality audio output from the laptop.
- Software Compatibility: DJs will be loading their proprietary software for controlling the music being played. Check if the laptop will accept the programs you intend to load.
- The screen and the audio system – DJs rely on the laptop screen to find out what is queued up, to look up the tracks they want to play next, to control their console and to mix. When they are not on the stage, they need the DJing laptop to have a good audio system so that they can clearly hear the mix they create. On the stage, they need a good screen so that they can see what is in the queue even if they have stepped away from the laptop.
- USB Ports – A laptop with adequate ports can be helpful for DJs because they need to hook up their machine with an external device like the DJ controller, an external sound controller or a pad controller.
- Cost – The cost can be an important factor so we have tried to help you pick the best DJ laptops from different price ranges.
Other factors like the battery may not be significant since the laptop for DJs will be used in an environment with full power supply available.
See also: Best detachable laptops
Best Laptops for DJs
An Excellent Combo of Form and Function for DJs
Apple MacBook 12 inches 2016
It was originally released in 2015 and is still one of the best laptops that you can purchase. Now, it is only available as a refurbished model, as Apple has stopped stocking the model, though it continues to get regular updates. The dimensions are 8.7 x 12.1 x 2 inches and the weight is 3.2 pounds.
It is powered by the Intel Core M3 chipset clocking at a speed of 1.1 GHz, which can be turbo boosted up to 2.2 GHz, has 4 MB of shared L3 cache. It ships with the latest gen chipset, namely ‘Skydale’. This is combined with the Intel HD Graphics card 515. The RAM is 8 GB. The graphics card is Intel HD Graphic 5300 and the flash storage of the hard drive is 256 GB PCle based.
The display is a TFT, LED, backlit, Active Matrix Retina display using IPS technology. It has a resolution of 2304 x 1440 pixels, with a pixel density of 226 PPI. The battery life is around 10 hours of web usage. The MacBook is supported by the Mac OS X 10.10, Yosemite OS.
There is only one single USB C port v3.1 which is also used as a video output port, so you might need an adapter for multitasking. In addition, there is one Display port and one Audio port. It also does not offer support for Thunderbolt 3, so you might need to use the HDMI adapter for connecting to another monitor. You get a full-sized keyboard in a portable laptop, along with a decent-sized trackpad, using the Force Touch technology.
- DJs who want a fast processor and excellent storage with good battery life, combined with the best form factor.
- Those who want a powerful computer that simply zips past routine computer tasks.
- DJs and music lovers for its outstanding speakers suitable.
Apple MacBook 12 inches Pros & Cons
- Attractive and lightweight
- Solid battery life
- Good speakers
- Good CUP and GPU performance
- Sluggish at times
- Offers a single port
Solid Value for Money for DJs
Acer Aspire A515-51-75, 15.6 inches
This is a full-sized laptop on a budget. It comes with a Full HD 15.6 inches non-touch screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels using IPS technology. The Acer Aspire A5 laptop is powered by an Intel Kaby Lake core processor i7-7500U, clocking at a speed of 2.7 GHz. This is combined with the Intel HD620 graphics card. The RAM is 8 GB DDR4 and the hard drive storage is 256 GB SSD.
As for connectivity, there is 2 USB 3.0 port; 1 USB 2.0 ports. The battery is powered at 48 Wh. It is supported by the Windows 10 OS. The dimensions of the Acer Aspire A515 are 19.3 x 12.1 x 2.6 inches (WDH) and the weight is 5.71 pounds.
It is slim, light but sturdy, with construction being mostly plastic. As for the speakers, it has a stereo set that sound quite good.
- DJs looking for a full-sized, budget laptop with modern hardware and excellent performance.
- Those who want a slim and light laptop, with a good screen and good speakers at an affordable price.
- The processor and graphics card offer powerful use for routine browsing; movies and for music and editing texts and so on.
- Gaming is possible for simple or older titles having fewer screen details.
Acer Aspire A515-51-75, 15.6 inches Pros & Cons
- Great audio
- Good build quality
- Ample storage and memory
- Solid battery life
- Dim display
- No backlit keyboard
Retaining a Dedicated Audience in DJs, Artists and Designers
Microsoft Surface Pro 4, 12.3 inches
It was initially released in the year 2015 and it is worth paying attention to, is still supported by Microsoft. It runs on Windows 10, so you get free updates through the year. The body is in all magnesium casing with a display screen of 12.3 inches. This has a PixelSense touchscreen with excellent sensitivity, especially when using the stylus, the Surface Pen, detecting 1024 pressure levels. The screen resolution is also excellent at 2736 x 1824 pixels with a pixel density of 267 ppi. The contrasts are high and the glare is low so that users can work for several hours without straining their eyes. However, the keyboard is not included in the package and has to be purchased separately.
The Surface Pro 4 is powered by the Intel Core i5 6th generation-Skylake, clocking at a speed of 3 GHz. The dimensions are 15.2 x 9.2 x 1.6 inches and it weighs 1.7 pounds, being extremely light. The RAM is 4 GB and it has a hard drive storage capacity of 128 GB. This is combined with an Iris™ graphics coprocessor. As for ports, there is 1 USB 2.0 port and 1 USB 3.0 port. The battery averages a life of about 9 hours.
The included Surface Pen has been redesigned and very comfortable to handle, and comes with an eraser offering additional functions. The Type Cover is also improved and more rigid, offering a quiet surface for typing.
- DJs and creative professionals who are on the move.
- Artists and designers who are looking for a gorgeous and crystal clear screen.
- The luminosity and color accuracy of the screen, making it suitable for designers and artists.
- Gamers and those who want to watch movies, with a 3:2 aspect ratio, making it ideal for designing and grafting work as well as watching movies or playing games.
Microsoft Surface Pro 4, 12.3 inches Pros & Cons
- Vibrant, sharp touch display
- Solid battery life
- Adjustable and full-friction kickstand
- Good surface pen
- One USB port
Affordable Laptop for DJs, offering Solid Performance
Dell Inspiron 15 5000, 15.6 Inches
It is powered by an Intel Core 8th gen i5-8250U processor clocking at a speed of a 1.6 GHz. This can be turbo boosted up to a maximum of 3.4 GHz with 6MB cache and is supported by the Windows 10 Home OS. The RAM can be customized, and you can opt for 4 GB; 8 GB; 12 GB; 16 GB; 24 GB DDR4. You can also customize the hard drive capacity from 128 GB; 256 GB; 512 GB and 1 TB SSD to get improved performance. Another option includes a second optical drive of 1 TB or 2 TB hard drive to offer you more storage. This is combined with the integrated Intel HD Graphics card 620.
It is a chunky laptop without much aesthetics. The screen size is 15.6 inches Full HD IPS, TrueLife, LED-backlit, with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, coming in a faux brushed metal appearance. The dimensions are 10.2 x 15 x 0.9 (LWH) inches and it weighs 5.07 pounds.
As for connectivity, there is 1 HDMI output; one Ethernet Jack; one headphone jack; 3 USB 3.0 ports and one SD card reader.
- DJs looking for an affordable workhorse on their laptops.
- Those looking for a loud set of speakers on their laptops.
- Those looking for a lot of storage, as the options can be customized.
Dell Inspiron 15 5000, 15.6 Inches Pros & Cons
- Good graphics
- Attractive looks
- Solid performance
- Speedy file transfer
- Dull display
- No USB C-port
World’s Smallest 13.3 inch Laptop for DJs
Dell XPS 13 2019
The new design for 2019 reduces the overall size and brings in new processor options, increasing the cooling and the efficiency of the device with better thermal insulation. The display is 13.3 inches with a screen resolution of 3200 x 1800 pixels touch display with an almost bezel-less display.
It is powered by the Intel Core i7-8550U 7Y75 processor clocking at a speed of 1.6 GHz, which can be boosted to 3.4 GHz. The RAM is 16 GB. It is combined with a dedicated Intel UHD graphics card 620 with 128 MB memory. The hard drive memory storage is 512 GB SSD. It is supported by the Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit OS.
As for connectivity, it has one Thunderbolt 3 and one USB C 3.1 ports. You may have to pack some dongles to get physical connectivity. The battery is powered at 46 Wh and offers average life of 15 hours. It is a super slim and light laptop at just 2.7 pounds. The dimensions are 17.8 x 11.5 x 3.2 inches.
The star of the show is the screen, offering clear and bright images, also due to the super-thin bezel all around the display.
- Those looking for a top-quality Windows ultraportable notebook with speedy performance and good battery life.
- Those who want an all-round computer, with plenty of configuration options and a good battery life.
Dell XPS 13 2019 Pros & Cons
- Infinity edge display
- Amazing battery life
- Class-leading performance
- Vibrant 4k display
- No HDMI connectivity
- Loaded configurations are pricey
Stylish and Understated for DJs and Business Executives
Asus P Series P2540UA Ab51, 15.6 inches
It has a subtle balance of form and function and comes in an understated, timeless design. It is lightweight and offers solid connectivity features. The laptop is powered by the Intel Core i5-7200U dual-core chipset clocking at a speed of 2.5 GHz and has a RAM of 8 GB. The hard drive storage is 1 TB 5400 RPM. This is combined with an Intel HD Graphics card 620 and is supported by the Windows 10 OS.
The battery life is good at about 9 hours on average. It has good security features with TPM security as well as a fingerprint reader to keep your audio files safe. This is a 15.6 inches screen with FHD panel and anti-glare features and it comes in a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, making it great for watching movies. As for connectivity, there are 4 USB ports, with 3 USB 3.0 ports and 1 USB 2.0 port, along with one HDMI port and one VGA port.
The dimensions are 10.1 x 15 x 0.9 inches (LWH) inches and it weighs 5.2 pounds. It is thicker than other laptops in the competition, but this is done to accommodate the fingerprint reader.
- Those looking for a stylish laptop for creative work, startups, a small office or for home use.
- Those looking for a well-rounded professional business laptop that is reliable, durable and has a good staying power.
- Those looking for an affordable option offering good security features without breaking the bank.
- Robust and designed to operate in various work environments, like offices; coffee shops; outdoors; during a cross country flight and so on.
Asus P Series P2540UA Ab51, 15.6 inches Pros & Cons
- Incredible battery life
- High productivity
- Durable and portable
- Nothing much for gamers
- Graphics can be better
Breaking Ground in an Insanely Slim and Light Notebook for DJs
Lenovo Yoga Book, 2 in 1, 10.1 inches
Instead of the regular physical keyboard, it includes a hinged keyboard along with a completely digital trackpad. There are additional inputs for using a Wacom digitizer and for doodling. Typing, however, is accurate even in the absence of physical buttons. The keyboard also functions as a Wacom digitizer, which also displays a pen icon. You can use this for drawing or writing with the Real Pen stylus. It is called the Create Pad powered by the Wacom Feel technology, offering 2048 pressure sensitivity levels.
It is a 10.1 inches screen coming with an impressive watchband hinge wrapped in luxurious magnesium alloy like many other Yoga devices earlier. The IPS touchscreen has a resolution of 1920×1200 pixels with IPS technology allowing easy screen sharing.
The wow factors of the Lenovo Yoga Book are the Create Pad and the Halo keyboard, which makes it unique and separates it from the rest of the convertible laptops. The Lenovo Yoga Book is powered by the Intel Atom x5-Z8550 quad-core processor clocking at a speed of 1.4 GHz with 2MB cache and can be boosted to 2.4 GHz with Turbo Boost. This is combined with the Intel HD Graphics 400 and a RAM of 4 GB LPDDR3. There is hard drive storage of 64 GB that can be expanded to 128 GB using a microSD card. It is supported by the Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OS.
The connectivity solutions are rather dated in the Lenovo Yoga Book. There is one micro USB port; one micro HDMI port; one 3.5 mm audio jack. The battery is powered at 8500mAh and the battery life averages about 13 hours. The built-in dual speakers make it perfect for binge-watching television shows and movies while on the go. The dimensions are 14.9 x 8.9 x 9.1 inches and the weight is 3.35 pounds.
It offers the functionalities of a netbook along with a tablet in the most beautiful of packages, offering total versatility. At less than 2 pounds, it is the thinnest and lightest Windows tablet. .
- DJs and creative professionals looking for a slim, light laptop with an excellent display.
- Those who want a combination of a laptop and a tablet, a 2 in 1 option
- Very useful for note-taking and for artists, as they can easily alter their work.
- Well suited for watching full HD movies; handling basic browsing tasks, and is also an excellent drawing device.
- Perfect for watching movies on the go with crystal clear touchscreen and dual speakers.
Lenovo Yoga Book, 2 in 1, 10.1 inches Pros & Cons
- Long battery life
- Vibrant screen
- Compact and sleek
- Great audio and video
- No USB-C charging port
- Slow atom processor
An Everyday Work Machine for DJs and Professionals
Lenovo Ideapad 320 15.6 inches
It comes with a display of 15.6 inches touchscreen, HD with LED backlighting and a screen resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels. It is powered by the 8th gen quad-core Intel Core i7-8550U chipset clocking at a speed of 1.8 GHz, which can be turbo boosted to 4.0 GHz with 8 MB cache. It has a RAM of 16 GB that can be upgraded to 20 GB. The hard drive storage is 1TB, Seagate 5400 RPM. This is combined with an Intel integrated HD graphics card. It is supported by the Windows 10 OS.
It is a bit large and bulky though it still gives a premium look at first glance. It comes with a 180 degrees hinge. As for connectivity, there is one Ethernet jack; 2 USB 3.0 ports; one combo for headphone and microphone; 1 USB 3.0 Type C port and one HDMI port along with SD card slot. The keyboard is satisfactory, but there is no backlighting. The battery life averages about 5 hours.
The dimensions of the Lenovo Ideapad 320 are 14.8 x 10.2 x 0.9 inches and it weighs 4.8 pounds.
- DJs and creative professionals who are looking for a decent entry-level laptop offering good performance and build quality.
- The performance is snappy for all kinds of regular and official tasks and you can use it comfortably for the usual tasks, though it is not gaming-friendly, apart from casual gaming.
Lenovo Ideapad 320 15.6 inches Pros & Cons
- Light and slim case
- Fast 4-core processor
- Matte screen
- USB Type – C port available
- Rattling touchpad
- Low-contrast display
Other models worth buying
Best Laptop for DJs – Premium Laptops
MacBook Pro 15-inch
The 15 inch MacBook Pro It has a powerful processor and a great design. The screen size looks perfect and the battery life is brilliant too. Overall, a lot of DJs enjoy using the 15-inch MacBook Pro. It is powered by an Intel Core i7 processor which gives the MacBook the ability to perform brilliantly and improves the battery life of the machine too. It has a built-in Bluetooth 4.0 so that DJs do not have to worry when it comes to connecting their wireless headphones, keyboard or mouse. An HDMI audio port ensures that you can enjoy better sound effects which for a DJ is a sure plus. The fact that it features SSD now ensures that you get a speedy performance and your crowd ends up enjoying every second of the time they spend on the floor to your music.
- This is an ideal choice for the users who have ample budget and are looking for superior speed, solid battery, and powerful sound.
- Women who are looking to invest in a stylish and compact laptop can go for this model.
- Its sturdy design makes it a robust laptop choice that can be taken anywhere; college, office, outdoors, and so on.
MacBook Pro 15-inch Pros & Cons
- Sleek, sturdy aluminum build
- 15 hours of battery life
- Faster processor
- Beautiful display
- Very expensive
- Only 1 USB C-port
Best DJ laptop – Laptops with an audio software
The reason why we picked this laptop is its Klipsch certified speakers and software. The powerful audio experience on this laptop, powered by Sound Blaster helps you hear every note or tune of the music-making mixing more effective than ever before. Keeping in mind that Alienware is known for its unshakeable fan-following of gamers, the laptop has a brilliant graphics display which makes video DJing a great experience. Talking about the specs, it has a Core i5 processor with 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz RAM and a 500GB Hard Drive. The battery life is decent but keeping Alienware in mind, you may not find the design to be as flashy as the other laptops.
- This laptop is a good pick for the students who have a tight budget and looking for a decent gadget that can offer them a solid performance.
- DJs and other music professionals who prefer a lightweight and compact laptop with VR ready desktop graphics.
- If you are searching for a power-pack laptop that offers excellent audio quality, this is the right choice for you.
Alienware AW13R2-1678SLV Pros & Cons
- Stunning OLED display
- Plenty of ports
- Excellent performance
- Comfortable keyboard
- No SD card slot
- Small screen
Best DJing Laptop in mid-range (specs and price)
Asus ROG GL752VW-DH71
This Asus machine features a Bang & Olufsen ICEpower which ensures that the audio is splendid. There are a lot of other great features of this device. It is powerful, fast and reliable. The only thing that you may have to is that it has only 256 GB SSD. If you store lots of music on your laptop and this laptop is meant to be your laptop for practice and for the stage then you may run out of storage space quickly. You may have to invest additionally in external hard drives for storage. It is powered by 6th gen Intel Core i5 along with 8 GB RAM. With approximately 6 to 10 hours of battery life, it is easy for DJs to use this machine for a notable period of time without worrying about charging the machine. The all-aluminum body gives the machine a polished finish and its features make it one of the best laptops for DJs at a price that does not touch the sky. The 13.3-inch screen is pretty decent for DJs to use their programs on it.
- The musicians and DJs who are looking forward to investing in a laptop that offers multiple configurations.
- This is a stylish laptop that comes with a panel that offers supreme sRGB coverage.
- Students who wish to pursue music in the future can invest in this budget-friendly laptop model.
Asus ROG GL752VW-DH71 Pros & Cons
- Solid build
- USB Type-C port
- Display port
- Excellent touchpad experience
- Comfortable keyboard
- Short battery life
- Battery not accessible from outside
Best Laptops For DJs With Great Sound Quality
Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK
Built with gaming in mind, this laptop is suitable for DJs because of superior sound and video quality along with brilliant performance. It also features an excellent battery life and it has been built to ensure that it can be used for long without heating up too much. It is powered by Intel i5 with 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD, and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M graphics card. Waves Maxx Audio Pro ensures superior sound quality along with Dell’s insightfully designed performance speakers and a built-in subwoofer. The plus point, you won’t have an over-heated laptop in the middle of your DJing. The battery is expected to work for over 10 hours which gives you the chance to use the laptop for DJing without worrying about charging it. The backlit keyboard is another great thing for DJs who usually end up playing their tracks and mixes in low light.
- Students who are looking out for a laptop that offers excellent gaming performance at an affordable price shouldn’t miss this one.
- This laptop comes with a 256GB SSD and powerful video card for quicker game loading.
- Women professionals who work late at night and in darker environments can comfortably work on this backlit keyboard laptop.
Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK Pros & Cons
- Anti-glare screen
- Good looks
- Quad-core Skylake processor
- Tiny speakers
- Average battery life
Best Laptop for DJS under $600
If you are on a budget and you are looking for a decent laptop for DJing then the HP 15-G020DX is a good option. It is powered by an AMD Quad-Core A6-5200 Accelerated Processor with 4GB RAM and 1TB hard drive. It offers a good amount of storage space which is helpful if you store most of your tracks and mixes on your computer. The 15.6-inch screen is also great for DJs who use programs that require large screens. It makes it easy for you to view the tracks that have been queued. The laptop performs well and it is good for the price you pay.
- This gadget is ideal for the music professionals and students who are looking out for a decent looking and powerful laptop.
- This laptop comes with an amazing storage of 1TB, ideal for storing multiple mixes and numbers on the system.
- The 15-inch wide display multiplies the overall music composing and playing experience.
HP 15-G020DX Pros & Cons
- Multi-card slot
- Value for money
- Good quality build
- Lightweight and portable
- Prone to viruses
- Average battery
Best Laptop for DJs With Long Battery Life
Acer Aspire E 15
If you are looking for a good laptop for DJing without a hefty price tag, this is a great choice. It comes with a 6th gen Intel Core i5 processor with 8GB of RAM and 256GB SSD. The 2GB NVIDIA GeForce 940MX graphics card offers promising capabilities to the laptop when it comes to watching videos. The 15.6-inch full-HD screen makes it absolutely wonderful to use the laptop for programs like Serato and Traktor. It has an SD card reader, Bluetooth 4.1, 2 USB 3.0 and 1 USB 2.0 along with an HDMI port. It has a battery life that lasts for 12 hours and it weighs a little under 5 pounds which makes it portable enough for the DJs.
- This laptop is durable and portable and can be the perfect pick for the working women.
- This gadget provides everything right from a Quad-core processor, GeForce MX150 discrete GPU, and 8 GB of RAM.
- It offers a superb combination of an excellent touchpad and keyboard, expandable memory and storage, and a fast processor.
Acer Aspire E 15 Pros & Cons
- Great battery life
- Colorful display
- NVIDIA graphics
- Good performance
- Subpar webcam
- Dim screen
You may also read: Top best laptops for writers
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I play games on the laptop for DJs?
Yes, you can play games on the laptop for DJs. The exact specifications of the laptop will determine if all games can be played. Since these laptops come with some decent specs, you should be able to play many popular games.
Can multiple monitors be connected to the laptop for DJs?
It will depend on the connectivity options available on the laptop and spare ones for extra monitors. Theoretically, it should be possible for you to connect to extra screens. Check the connectivity options and see if any spare slots are still vacant.
Should I buy the latest model of laptops for DJs?
There is no such requirement. The key to getting the best performance out of a laptop for DJs or any application is the specifications it comes with. These include the processor, the RAM, etc. As long as you have those components of the recent generation, you have nothing to worry about.
If I replace the battery in a laptop should I change the charging adaptor also?
No, not necessary. If you have replaced the laptop battery with an identical new battery, nothing changes. The adaptor is inserted on the laptop. In rare cases, the charging time may increase or decrease. That is not a serious issue.
If my laptop comes with an older version of Wi-Fi can I connect it still?
You should be able to connect. If you face any particular difficulty with establishing the connection, call up your service provider and they will be able to sort it out for you. Newer versions of Wi-Fi are backward compatible. These are called the Wi-Fi standard and come with certain additional features. That does not mean the older version becomes obsolete. Connecting speeds may vary.
Now that you’ve got a fair idea of the laptops available for your music creation work, it will be easier to make a decision, based on the specifications and your budget. DJs need a specific type of laptop for specific functions. They need to plug need particular kinds of equipment. Go through the above laptops and check out the number of USBs.
You might need at least 3 USB ports for your DJ controller, pad controller and so on; otherwise, you have to buy an additional hub. You also need good screen real estate with a resolution of at least 1280 x 800 pixels. Other things to consider are the screen brightness, the battery life, the size, weight and slimness of the laptop, in case you travel a lot, the build quality and other such specifications before making a choice.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.