Table of Content
- 1. Buying Guide: What are the Best Laptops With a CD Drive?
- 2. Best Laptops With a CD Drive
- 3. Versatile Laptop with CD Optical Drive
- 4. Premium Quality Laptop with Backlit Keyboard & CD Drive
- 5. Durable Laptop with a Well-Performing Processor & CD Drive
- 6. A Well-Designed Laptop with a Responsive CD Drive
- 7. 17.3-inch Laptop with Powerful Processing Unit & CD Drive
- 8. Premium Design Laptop with Strong Connectivity Features
- 9. Frequently asked questions about the best laptops with CD drives.
Laptops with a CD drive are difficult to find these days. Most manufacturers avoid this feature to attain an attractive and slim-looking device. This article contains a list of the best laptops with CD drives to help buyers select one that best suits their needs.
There are many things to consider when buying a laptop, but don't worry; we got you covered. Keep reading, and you will find precisely what you need.
Buying Guide: What are the Best Laptops With a CD Drive?
Many brands of late are avoiding including a CD or DVD drive. If you intend to buy a laptop with the best specifications and a CD or DVD drive, here are things you must bear in mind.
- Processor: As you may know, the processor or CPU is the heart of the machine. You should look for the number of cores and clocking speed in the CPU. You must ensure that the laptop you are shortlisting has a minimum of 2 cores and its clocking speed is no less than 2.5GHz. Another key consideration is the make and brand. Intel and AMD are two significant players that both offer efficient computing capabilities.
- Graphics Processor and GPU: There are laptop models with integrated graphics processors or separate graphics cards. Having superior graphics delivery means you should be able to enjoy playing games on the laptop.
- Display: There are two or three elements to be looked at as far as the display is concerned. Laptops start at 13-inches and usually go up to 17-inches. You can choose the size based on your needs and viewing comfort. Touchscreen displays may add to the cost, but their use is more convenient. The performance of the display is measured through screen resolution. A full HD resolution screen is ideal for the laptop you plan to buy.
- RAM & Storage: The laptop's memory component has two elements: the random-access memory or RAM and the internal storage memory. You should not go below 8GB of RAM for the laptop you invest in. If you plan to use it to play games, it would be best to go up to at least 16GB. However, dedicated gaming laptops are on the market with up to 32GB of RAM. A decent storage level is 500GB SSD or 1TB HDD.
- Battery: Battery is another crucial component when purchasing any laptop. Check if the spec sheet indicates the average battery life. This is the number of hours you can work on the machine once fully charged. Six hours is considered the median figure. If the laptop offers eight hours of battery life, you can go for it.
Best Laptops With a CD Drive
Versatile Laptop with CD Optical Drive
HP 17.3-inch Durable Laptop
The HP laptop has a massive 17.3-inch display screen that produces high-definition images. Apart from streaming movies and other video content, the screen is highly suitable for browsing the internet, editing-based work, and checking e-mails. The only thing this vibrant screen lacks is touch functionality.
The laptop offers an excellent amalgamation of vintage and advanced features. Among its many connectivity options is an optical drive that can play CDs and DVDs.
The laptop is available in three different variants. One of the models features 12GB RAM and a 1TB HDD. The other offers you 16GB RAM and a 1TB SSD; the third model has 16GB RAM and a 512GB SSD. You will get more storage space regardless of which model you opt for. The silver metallic design of the device is simple but attractive. One of the laptop's highlights is its comfortable keyboard with backlit functionality.
- It is suitable for those who still use CDs and DVDs and need an optical drive to play them.
- It is also recommended for individuals looking to invest in a laptop with a large screen display.
- Backlit keyboard
- Available in multiple variants
- It comes with an optical drive
- Large and vibrant display screen
- The screen is not touch-enabled
- Slightly heavy
Premium Quality Laptop with Backlit Keyboard & CD Drive
HP Pavilion 17 Touchscreen Gaming Laptop
While most smartphones are touch-enabled, very few laptop models come with screens that offer touch functionality. The HP Pavilion laptop features a 17.3-inch screen that, apart from producing high-definition images, is highly responsive to touch. The screen provides a resolution of 1600x900 pixels and offers an immersive movie-watching and gaming experience. Since the device provides noise-free operation and great speed, it is preferred by many gamers.
The presence of a backlit helps the device further in endearing itself to professional gamers. While it offers every modern feature, it also provides several older valuable features like an optical drive. It has many connectivity options, including a microSD card reader and a 3.5mm headphone jack. If you think 1TB of storage space is too small, you can opt for the variant with a 2TB solid-state drive.
- It is recommended for serious gamers looking for a 17-inch wide high-end laptop.
- Those with an extensive collection of DVDs will hugely benefit from purchasing this laptop as it comes with an optical drive.
- Sturdy backlit keyboard
- Strong gaming performance
- Large touch-enabled screen
- Multiple connectivity options
- The price is on the higher side.
- No fingerprint scanner
Durable Laptop with a Well-Performing Processor & CD Drive
Acer Aspire 3 17.3-inch High-Definition Screen Laptop
The 17.3-inch screen, which produces a resolution of 1600x900 pixels, is one of the highlights of this laptop. The device comes with several other premium features that make investing in it an excellent idea. While the laptop's overall design is pretty basic, it has been built with components that will last for years. There is no shortage of connectivity options on this device. Apart from modern connectivity features, you also get a good-quality DVD writer.
The 10th-Generation Intel Core i5 processor is responsible for the highly efficient performance of the device. The keyboard is quite large, and the touchpad offers you enough space to use it conveniently. The Numpad, however, is a little narrow. The laptop features a 180-degree hinge that enables you to adjust the screen as per your needs. Though the device has a fairly slim structure, it weighs 6.17 pounds and is moderately heavy.
- Ideal for those looking for a well-built laptop that you can travel with.
- It is also recommended for users who prefer consuming multimedia content on a large screen display.
- Solid structure
- Fast processing unit
- Features: An optical drive
- Strong connectivity features
- Slightly bulky
- Underwhelming battery
A Well-Designed Laptop with a Responsive CD Drive
HP 17 11th Gen Intel 4 Core i5 Processor Laptop
A handful of laptops strike a balance between featuring modern features and offering an array of older features that prove very useful. This HP laptop manages to do that, which is why people of different ages prefer it. The device has a 17.3-inch display screen with a resolution of 1600x900 pixels. The battery lasts 7-8 hours on a single full charge which is quite impressive.
One of the best things about this laptop is its high-definition webcam. Multiple connectivity options include a 3.5mm headphone jack and a microSD card reader. There is also an optical drive for those who like to experience watching movies or listening to music on physical media. The laptop features an 11th Gen Intel 4-Core i5 processor and is fast enough to play various high-end games. Gamers will also appreciate the fact that it comes with a backlit keyboard.
Why Should You Buy This?
- A good option for those planning to invest in a versatile laptop that supports multiple activities and high-end gaming.
- It is also suitable for regular video conference professionals who need a laptop with a high-quality webcam.
- Optical drive
- Backlit keyboard
- Sharp display screen
- Adequate storage support
- No fingerprint reader
- Average battery life
17.3-inch Laptop with Powerful Processing Unit & CD Drive
Dell Inspiron 17 High-Performing Laptop
The Dell Inspiron 17 comes with an Intel Core M-5Y10 processor that makes it work extremely fast. If you are used to multi-tasking, you will like the experience of working on this laptop. The display screen is 17.3 inches wide and boasts anti-glare technology. Although it does not support touch functionality, it offers excellent picture clarity.
Along with an optical drive, the laptop comes with all the connectivity options you could need while working on multiple peripherals. There is, however, no USB-C port. The webcam, which comes with this device, is one of its most significant selling points. Apart from offering high-definition image reproduction, it features a dual array microphone that quickly picks up voice signals.
- The laptop has features that make it suitable for personal and professional use.
- It proves to be a good investment for those who need a laptop with a huge screen that produces high-definition images.
- HD webcam
- High-speed processor
- 17.3-inch display screen
- Good-quality optical drive
- No USB-C port
- The display screen is not touch-enabled
Premium Design Laptop with Strong Connectivity Features
HP Pavilion 22-inch Touch-Enabled Screen All-in-One PC
This particular laptop seems to have been designed for individuals who like some features that a personal computer comes with while appreciating the ease a laptop provides. So, while the system offers you many modern features, it also comes with several features, like a DVD writer, that you would expect in a computer from a couple of years back.
It is powered by the incredible AMD Ryzen 3 3350U quad-core processor, ensuring speedy operation. One of the reasons why many people invest in it is because of its display screen. The screen is 22 inches wide and offers a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels. It comes with anti-glare technology and features a three-sided micro-edge display.
Why Should You Buy This?
- An excellent option for those who wish to invest in a personal computer that can be easily set up or assembled.
- Highly recommended for multimedia professionals who need a massive screen display to work.
- Easy to assemble
- Features a DVD writer
- 22-inch display screen
- High-end processing unit
- No USB-C port
- Low-resolution webcam
You may also read Best Laptops For Home Use.
Frequently asked questions about the best laptops with CD drives.
1. Can I get the laptop CD drive fixed separately?
No. The CD drive has to be part of the original design of the laptop and cannot be added to it later. You can enhance the RAM or the storage, but not a DVD drive. However, you can connect an external CD/DVD drive via a USB cable.
2. Do all laptops come with an international warranty?
No, not necessarily. It depends on the manufacturer and the reseller. The warranty may apply based on where you are buying the laptop. Some manufacturers follow a policy where the warranty rights are transferred to the person using the machine. If someone buys a laptop in one country and moves to another, the warranty is transferred to the new country.
3. Do laptops come with MS Office pre-loaded?
No. Most brands don't add MS Office as standard software loaded on their laptops. You will have to buy one. Windows 10 has nowadays become the default operating system in almost all laptops. If you already have the key for MS Office, you can continue using it on the new laptop you are buying.
4. Can I play all the games on my laptop?
It depends on the laptop you have purchased. Playing games is not a problem if it has a decent display and RAM of no less than 8GB. However, you may not be able to play all the games as their technical requirements may differ. Check the game's requirements and match the laptop specs. The GPU, graphics display capabilities, RAM, and cooling systems will determine this.
5. Can I watch Netflix on my laptop?
Yes, definitely. You can watch all OTT streaming content on your laptop. Your laptop has to be connected to a Wi-Fi source. The data speed of the Wi-Fi connectivity should be good enough for streaming videos without buffering.
If you are looking for one of the best laptops with CD drives, you can't go wrong with any of the laptops listed here. A laptop with an optical drive option is not as popular as it used to be, but plenty of models come in various price ranges to ensure all can afford one. The laptops mentioned here range from $400 to $1000, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs and budget.