Galaxy S3 mini is a cheap version of popular Galaxy S3 which has been widely accepted by people all over the world since it was released. Galaxy S3 Mini is almost same as the predecessor in terms of materials, shape and design but only small in size. The plastic material has been used in the body, so the back cover is little slippery especially when grabbed with wet or sweaty hands and there is a chance of falling it down from the hands if not hold tightly. Of course, some advantages and disadvantages of Galaxy S3 Mini are there like all other smartphones.
The supports of 1GB RAM, dual-core Cortex A9, and Mail 400 GPU let Galaxy S3 Mini run most of the games and apps without any type of lag. The 4-inch screen is saturated with bluish white and the view from any side is clear, only the screen becomes little dark when exposed to Sun though still, things are visible. However, the details advantages and disadvantages of S3 Mini are given below.
Galaxy S3 Mini advantages and disadvantages
- The phone is supported by dual-core Cortex A9 and 1 GB RAM which result in excellent performance. So you can enjoy almost all types of games and apps on the phone.
- 5 MP camera with 2592 x 1944 resolution let the users capture good images. The camera has features like autofocus, VGA (front) and LED flash.
- The presence of some smart features such as Direct Call, Smart Alert, and Smart Stay allows you to enjoy and operate your phone the best way possible.
- The 4-inch screen is good enough to watch videos, movies, and songs. The screen is sharp, bright, and the view is clear from any side. When operating under sunlight the screen may become a bit dark but still, view is clear, unlike many other smartphones.
- Galaxy S3 Mini is little small than Galaxy S3 in design, this small and slim design makes it easy gripping.
- 1500mAh battery is good enough considering all the features available in Galaxy S3 Mini. For everyday use such as browsing, SMS, accessing email, Twitter, Facebook, the battery can last up to 8-12 hours. Also, the battery is removable, so it can be replaced.
- Another advantage is the availability of MicroSD slot. Galaxy S3 Mini offers 8/16 GB internal storage. With the use of SD card, it can be expanded up to 32 GB.
- Samsung did not include any android apps in Galaxy S3 Mini that supports quad-core processor.
- The design could have been better like its competitors.
- The S-Voice and some other similar features are not polished and limited.
- The Galaxy S3 Mini gets hot if you use it for a long time for photography.
- It is bit expensive considering the features that come with this smartphone.
These are the advantages and disadvantages of Galaxy S3 Mini. So when planning to get one, consider these points and then make your decision.
Here is the specification of Galaxy S3 Mini
- Weight- 111.5 grams
- Dimension- 121.6 x 63 x 9.9 mm
- Screen- 4 inch, 16M colors, Super AMOLED (capacitive touchscreen)
- Memory- 8/16 GB internal, RAM 1 GB
- Card slot- MicroSD maximum 32 GB
- Sim Card- Mini sim
- Camera- 5 megapixels, LED flash, autofocus, VGA (front), 2592 x 1944 pixels
- Video- 720p @ 30 fps
- Sensors- Proximity, gyro, compass, accelerometer
- Multitouch – Yes
- Operating system- Android, 4.1 Jellybean
- GPU- Mail 400
- CPU- Dual-core Cortex A9 1 GHz
- Chipset- NovaThor U8420
- Color- white, black
- USB- MicroUSB (v 2.0)
- Bluetooth- Version 4.0 with LE, A2DP, EDR
- Radio- stereo FM radio
- Battery- Li-lon removable 1500 mAh