In case you wanted to update iOS on your iPod, or to restore your device, error 1430 may show up, and in order to proceed with iOS update or restore, you will have to fix the error first. There are various solutions, and finding the once that will actually work for you may be pretty frustrating. That’s why we will share 5 ways to fix iPod error 1430. These solutions are considered as the most effective. In case these solutions don’t work, make sure to visit the Apple store and ask for further assistance.
5 ways to fix iPod error 1430
Solution No.1: Update iTunes.
The reason why the iPod error 1430, or any other error may occur often lies in the fact the iTunes software on your computer is not up to date. Next time, before you start with restore or iOS update, make sure to check if there is a new version of iTunes available, because that way, you will avoid this kind of issues. Here is how to update iTunes:
- MAC – open iTunes software, and from the menu bar, select iTunes > Check for updates.
- Windows – open iTunes software, and select Help from the menu bar, and then choose Check for updates.
Solution No.2: Use different USB port.
Another solution that may help you fix iPod error 1430 is to connect your device to a different USB port. This probably is the simplest solutions of all 5 ways to fix iPod error 1430, but it did the trick for many, so make sure to try it out.
Solution No.3: Unplug third-party USB devices.
What you need to do is to simply unplug all third-party USB devices except your mouse and keyboard. This simple step often solves the issue, which means you’ll be able to restore or update your iPod..
Solution No.4 Change the user account you are using on your computer.
If you have another user account on your computer, use that one. If not, create another user, but make the user has admin rights.
Solution No.5: Security software.
In many cases, the problem was in the security software. You have a couple of options:
- If your security software is not up to date, get the latest version.
- You can disable the software, and enable it again when you are done with restore or update.
- If the previous options don’t work, you can uninstall the program temporarily, and to install it again when you restore or update your device successfully.