Xiaomi announced the Mi Pad 2 with Windows 10 compatibles.
Xiaomi has made an invitation associated with the Redmi Note 3 announcement. At that event, Xiaomi will also announce their smart home products and the tablet sequel, Mi Pad 2. This new Xiaomi tablet is the successor of its prior, Mi Pad, which runs on Nvidia Tegra K1. Xiaomi mentions that Mi Pad 2 is 18 percent thinner than its predecessor.
Mi Pad 2 is made of metal construction, while its internal hardware is powered by the 64-bit Intel Atom X5-Z8500 processor. It has the same display as its predecessor, a 7.9-inch IPS display, 8 megapixel of rear camera, and it’ is equipped with a large 6,190 mAh battery which supports 5V/2A fast charging via USB Type-C port. For this big battery capacity, Xiaomi claims it can standby up to 648 hours.
By default, Mi Pad 2 runs on Android OS with MUI 7 pre-install, but the Intel processor adoption on Mi Pad 2, technically allows it to run on Android and Windows OS. That is why, Xiaomi offers Mi Pad 2 Windows Edition that runs Windows 10 out of the box along the Android version. Here is the more detail specification of Xiaomi Mi Pad 2:
- Display 7.9-inch IPS display | 2048 x 1536 resolution, 326PPI
- Processor 64-bit Intel Atom x5-Z8500, (1.44GHz base, 2.24GHz burst frequency)
- RAM 2GB dual-channel LPDDR3 RAM
- Internal Storage 16/64GB
- Camera 8MP with f/2.0 lens | 5MP front camera
- Battery 6,190mAh battery with fast charging
- Connectivity 3G, Wi-Fi ac, USB Type-C, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- Software MIUI 7
- Dimensions 200.4 x 132.6 x 6.95mm
- Weight 322 grams
- Colors Dark Grey and Champagne Gold
Mi Pad 2 available in 16GB and 64GB editions for 999 Yuan ($156) and 1,299 Yuan ($200), respectively. It will be sold in some other countries later this month.
Via: Windows Central
The other news: 74% of Android Devices Can Be Remotely Unlocked by Google